Random thoughts

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
As if I needed more incentive to buy a new scoob.....

For that sort of money I think I'd get Nissan gtr instead.. .
I prefer the old jap type r anyway....

A new GT-R out here is $200k+ whereas a new WRX STI is under $55k for me so completely different leagues of car. I have been having increasing thoughts of buying a new car (even after dropping $3500 on Francine in the last month) but my Renault makes me smile every time I mistreat her. The Frenchies sure know how to set up a chassis & driver experience. They are just useless cunts at anything electrical but you forget all about that when she cocks a back leg.

2014-Renault-Clio-RS-200-Review-72-625x416.jpg

Funny thing is if I was going to drop $50k on a new car it would likely be a tuned 600hp supercharged RWD Falcon or a Megane 275 Trophy. There is nothing comparable for the money to the Meg & the STI is weak as piss by comparison.

Damm if I lived in the US it would be nothing but big V8's for this lad.

Trypsy Summers

So without being controversial,

I'm sat minding my own business when I see on the TV that the
British/Babylon, Brainwashing/Broadcasting, Company (the BBC) were showing something about Trump and spying. Now I feel that everybody must've heard what's happened by now, so need to rehash, but I'm like WTF?:rolleyes:
How can you have a dossier on someone which isn't even confirmed by the CIA etc, be made public?
How can the CIA etc, be back-tracking and not be able to confirm the allegations, yet still be briefing people about the allegations which are unconfirmed?
How is it they're all saying all kind of things about Russia and hacking, when in this case it seems the rat (leak) was some 'geezer' from MI6? WTF!:hmm:

Maybe its just me, As an observer (just passing by) I find it rather concerning that the C.I.A an organisation/corporation renowned for skullduggery, indeed they were the 'past' masters of interfering in other countries business, and now they're there bleating about being hacked like a new born lamb! WTF! No better still just Fuck Off - with that!:\

So democracy reveals its ugly face (without the make up) as it seeks to pillory the President Elect because their candidate didn't win. This is kinda fascinating, I'm watching on as the implosion begins.
One thing though, I have to say that I like his nomination for the 'Vaccine Review' if the newspaper report is to be believed. Yeah Right!:\

Although one thing that did have me chuckling (in agreement with P.E.Trump) was his stonewalling of CNN and the "you're fake news" jibe. I mean come on! Mainstream News is all fake news, of which the main purpose is;
"They want to control not only what you read and see, they want you to believe a manufactured story to keep them where they are and keep you where you are."

I mean on a serious note now; if people can't see it for what it is, then, they really do deserve what they have to endure. With that, I will just allude to the following, ;)

"Who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Pure Peace:leaf:

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Hippie Dickie said something in another thread that got me thinking...
He said it's a sin to die before the herb jar is empty...

What's happens to all my herb if was to spontaneously combust tomorrow, or any form of death????

I'm a personal grower, in the process of accumulating a library of strains.....
I already stockpile, as I produce far more than i consume.....

I don't really have any friends to share with, my missus doesn't partake....
Where is it going to go if I die???
If I die in say 20 years, I should have a mighty collection by then....

Not sure if I can leave so called 'illegal drugs' in my will...
But who too???

To anyone who is willing to smoke my ashes with all my herb, that's who....

I'd be turning in my grave (If I wasn't a pile of ash) to think that all my years of hard work, and beautiful cannabis, just goin in the bin....

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Random thought: The squeaky wheel gets results after 5 days.

Power restored after numerous phone calls arguing with the utility that some of us did not have power.
11:30pm last night they fixed it in 20 minutes.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
This guy's skew on things makes me laugh. :lol:
The School of Life Chapter one. Philosophy series.

I like Howlin' Wolf and all whomever he influenced. :nod:

What do you people do with no power when it comes to vaping?????

Do you have butane backups????
Or do you turn to combustion????
Or just don't vape????
Portables and Battery backups upon backups. But Butane backups are on my wish list. (2 indestructible lightweight vapcaps ATM) Then I will have all the bases covered.
But I have gotten creative before out of necessity. When I was new to vaping and only had a PAX and when it had to be RMA'd, I ended up coming up with 2 ghetto homemade vaporizer setups. :science:One involved a tiny glass Tabasco bottle and a lighter. The other, tall narrow glass jars and a halogen desk lamp.:freak: Cracked a lot of jars that were not heat resistant. My lungs were starting to like themselves with my PAX, So anything to avoid combustion. At that point in time.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I noticed @momofthegoons had a picture of the elephants in the animal thread. Long time ago I took my little boy (he's 32 now) he was around 7 years old to the circus that we had in our town that we lived in. It wasn't the huge Ringling Bros Circus but some other smaller company. As we walked in we saw all the huge animals contained in their cages. The container trucks that they came in.I had never been to a circus myself and didn't realize how this would affect me. I started to get tears in my eyes and didn't want my little boy to see. I hadnt expected to see the animals all caged up as we walked in.

Wondering why I had decided to take him to a show exploiting animals that needed to be free to live back in Africa somewhere? I tried to explain to him that these animals would be doing tricks for people to watch. He was excited to see the animals and I didn't want to ruin his fun. I was feeling terrible and was telling him that it was too bad that these animals had to be put in huge semi trucks that traveled from town to town. His little brain started to think and he was quiet for a while. We had seen lions on tv and we had been to the zoo before.

We went inside the big tent and waited for the show to start. We saw the tight rope walkers and the clowns. We hadn't seen the couple of smaller elephants as we walked in. Not sure how they were transported in but I'm assuming a semi truck having them in a big container. The elephants did tricks - like standing on two legs. We left the circus early after an hour or 45 min or so. My son was wondering if it hurt the elephants to stand on two legs. I told him I didn't know but it might.i said, I don't think elephants really like doing tricks for people.

We didn't stay to see the lions perform. On the way home we talked about how sad it was for these animals to be forced in containers and do tricks for people. I actually started crying talking about this to him. I had told him that I hadn't been to a circus before. That I had seen one on TV, that I felt sad while walking in but didn't want to ruin his fun. He said mom I felt sad too seeing the big tigers in the small cages.i think they were sad.

So glad the elephants and other animals won't be forced to travel and do tricks for human beings. I hope they will be free to roam at some animal rescue sanctuary somewhere. They won't ever be able to be truely free. Hopefully not to many smaller circuses left.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I just ordered a ~lifetime supply of these, 16 pairs!

81MlocK4PfL._AC_UL200_SR145,200_.jpg

:popcorn:
I'm still waiting for these, or they're waiting for me at the post office as I have a pick up notice but tracking shows limbo. But I just went to the jockey site and none of their boxers are 100% cotton. None! So I believe that was why they were such a great deal, either they were made as a one-off or jockey has phased out all of their 100% cotton shorts and these were the last of them. Jcp it may be, if I live long enough @Vitolo.

:myday:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'm still waiting for these, or they're waiting for me at the post office as I have a pick up notice but tracking shows limbo. But I just went to the jockey site and none of their boxers are 100% cotton. None! So I believe that was why they were such a great deal, either they were made as a one-off or jockey has phased out all of their 100% cotton shorts and these were the last of them. Jcp if I live long enough @Vitolo, lol.

Nothing like having backups on clothing and being able to order more without the hassle of having to try something else every time. I like to think that I share Einstein's simple approach to buying clothing. :lol:
quote-if-most-of-us-are-ashamed-of-shabby-clothes-and-shoddy-furniture-let-us-be-more-ashamed-albert-einstein-37-85-59.jpg

I myself, try to buy my everyday and work clothes cheap and can order or wait for a deal and buy in bulk. Also buy reused all leather shoes. (And disinfect them with white vinegar and a single drop of bleach. :puke:)

Trying to phase out all my cotton, but do lurk the Jocky clearance section for best price per pair and buy in bulk when they have a sale. Lightweight, durable and wickable for backpacking. Got some that are so light weight, that most of the weight was in the waistband!

I buy my Merino wool blend socks in 12 and 16 pks. And I try to get a decent weave and price per pair. Cotton socks are all phased out. All but the dress and vibram socks are grey. Grab two wool socks blindly from the drawer and slip them on, then find the mates for the shoes, and then cut out. NO COLOR SORTING. For-get that morning ritual. :D If I could buy shoes that could fit on either foot. I'd have a drawer of those perhaps.:haw:

Merino wool doesn't bunch up like cotton and other considerations. I've had my feet feel toasty within an hour after being damp. Although there is cotton that wicks moisture I guess.

Just resoled mt work shoes with an over application of Barge all purpose cement that I bought from a shoe repair place.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Trying to phase out all my cotton, but do lurk the Jocky clearance section for best price per pair and buy in bulk when they have a sale.
I did find their remaining cotton boxers, they're called "woven". Underwear is getting as complicated as sheets these days... a pima cotton percale weave don't get me started on that but they're $18 each.

I'm glad I stocked up wish they were here already I have cotton boxer-briefs but I'm not fond of them.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
7-11nachos with 'cheese'. For the first time since 83 or so... this time it was daylight and i was sober. Neither helped. Seriously nasty stuff. The corn chips woulda been ok with less sodium...

I used to eat those at the 7-11. Say what you want about Mexican brick-weed, but I got high off that shit on a regular basis in the 80's and 7-11 was a regular stop when cruising. I'd get fucking high and then I needed to feed.

7-11 used to have the frozen cheeseburgers in the plastic pouch. The package told you what letter or number to push on the 7-11 microwave in the store. You'd push the D button or something and you'd pull out that puffed up steam bag with your burger in it. The edges were always dry and hard from either freezer burn or too high a letter on the microwave. :p But damn, I'd go into a trace and mouw on that thing and the next thing you know... it was gone.

Also White Castles with cheese. Had to have the orange soda and the onion rings that tasted like the fish sandwich between they were fried in the same oil.

God-damn. I wish I had some of that right now. :bang:

If it wasn't for brick weed, Ida had no weed at all.

BD9

Underwear is getting as complicated as sheets these days... a pima cotton percale weave don't get me started on that

Not that you or anyone wants to know, but I'm a boxer brief guy myself. Finding those in 100% cotton is nearly impossible. If you do find them, they're very expensive.
Complicated? Have you recently bought paper towel or toilet paper? 6 = 8, 12 = 18, , 36 = 72 and so on. I have to closely read the label and do math while standing in the aisle.

7-11nachos with 'cheese'. For the first time since 83 or so... this time it was daylight and i was sober. Neither helped. Seriously nasty stuff. The corn chips woulda been ok with less sodium...

It was nasty. But I would it eat it on a weekly basis back in the day.

I used to eat those at the 7-11. Say what you want about Mexican brick-weed, but I got high off that shit on a regular basis in the 80's and 7-11 was a regular stop when cruising. I'd get fucking high and then I needed to feed.

7-11 used to have the frozen cheeseburgers in the plastic pouch. The package told you what letter or number to push on the 7-11 microwave in the store. You'd push the D button or something and you'd pull out that puffed up steam bag with your burger in it. The edges were always dry and hard from either freezer burn or too high a letter on the microwave. :p But damn, I'd go into a trace and mouw on that thing and the next thing you know... it was gone.

Also White Castles with cheese. Had to have the orange soda and the onion rings that tasted like the fish sandwich between they were fried in the same oil.

God-damn. I wish I had some of that right now. :bang:

If it wasn't for brick weed, Ida had no weed at all.

HaHa... I was thinking we lived in the same neighborhood until you mentioned White Castle. I'm in my mid 40's and had 'Sliders' for the first time 3 years ago. But I grew up on Krystal Burgers.
The other almost food thing after a few ditch weed joints was pizza puffs and egg rolls from the corner Mobile gas station.

Top Bottom