Random thoughts

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Wife is laughing pretty loud in another room. I'm wondering what one of us guys did that I haven't heard about yet. After I find out I'll call my brothers or brother in-laws and we'll probably end up laughing at what we did too.

"You didn't really suggest a vaginal rejuvenation was something you'd both enjoy as an anniversary gift did you"?:doh:

Tranquility

I've been thinking about building a new computer for a while now. But, I don't really NEED one. Mine works just fine and, except for some gaming (including VR), it does pretty much all I want.

Just looking at the price/performance of the new Ryzen makes me think I've got to start getting in some serious planning. (Sorry for imgur, it's the only picture I can find that shows the story.)

mHyOJoa.png

GetLeft

In the past few weeks the world wide web has allowed me to look up a video about how to get my garbage disposal rolling again as well as how to fix the tumbling sound in my dryer (which would have cost a lot to replace). I'm not a fix it kind of person but the webs handled that no problem.

So much information accessible to so many people. Granted, access to the webs should be recognized as a privilege since it is not a commodity to which all have access, much less equal access. This fact certainly requires close attention. Anyway, I have my random theories about some things. One of them is that, even without universally equal access, our species, thanks to the unimaginable and ever-increasing access to information for many, is about to take the greatest leap in cognitive ability that its history has seen, perhaps even imagined. The human brain on the whole is presently getting an evolutionary-level workout that isn't about to stop. It's just getting started.

gaseous_clay

Nobody dies from consumption these days. I wonder who cured it?

(edit: so I looked it up. I never knew that consumption was TB. I always figured it was the catch-all term for "don't have a clue why they died, but got to put something down.)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
So I'm rolling through the family Facebook page (a little bored today) and I run into a post from a nephew that's a meme of Homer Simpson with his fists raised in the air and a Woo-Hoo that says "When you put it in the wrong hole and she says keep going". This particular nephew's post often include a funny meme so nothing new there.

Then...... a few page rolls downward I run into a post from his wife that says "Kids are with the grandparents tonight. What to do, what to do?"

Guess I don't have to answer that question.......

Top Bottom