R.I.P Joan Rivers

lwien

Yeah. :rip:

What I'd like to know is, that at her age, what in the hell was she doing at an outpatient clinic versus a hospital? I don't care how minor of a procedure it is, when you are going under a general at that age, I would think that it should be mandatory that there should be emergency services in the same building just in case something unforeseen happens.

When you stop breathing, especially at that age, it's not minutes that count, but seconds.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I am sorry that she is gone. What a hard worker she was. It was very careless of her doctors to allow a procedure like this done in a clinic at her age. She sure didn't seem like she was 81, I know she had a lot of plastic surgery. She seemed to have so much energy.

I had heard there is an investigation regarding the clinic where she had the procedure done.

I hope everyone can stick to the topic and not go on and on about something else entirely that pisses everybody off. Then gets the thread shut down.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Also RIP: 14 posts about partisan bickering over something Joan Rivers might have said. I'm not wasting time policing this thread. Stick to respectful comments about Joan Rivers and her career or don't post. If I find another post along the lines of those I just deleted—and you culprits know exactly what I mean—then this thread is history.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
What a powerhouse, and the thickest skin this side of Don Rickles. Her comedy was politically incorrect long before anyone knew the term. The only woman to host Tonight Show, and I believe still the only woman to host a late-night TV show to this day. And she had no problem stepping into a role Carson owned.

Peace out, Joan.

lwien

Some babies got thrown out with the bath water (pardon the play on words.......lol). So glad you re-posted that, dub.

I'll re-post the following as well which is what she wrote in her book in regards to her funeral:

"When I die (and yes, Melissa, that day will come; and yes, Melissa, everything’s in your name), I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action…I want Craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don’t want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don’t want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing “Mr. Lonely.” I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyoncé’s."

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
And man, was he pissed about it.

Love her or hate her, there's no denying that she was iconic.

It's sad when death takes a comic. Just robs us of another laugh giver of which there could never be enough of.

True true. I try and think of it as a cycle of renewal. That motivates me to find up-and-comers that may one day grow into her shoes. That keeps me from feeling :myday:. But they broke the mold with her.

One thing that interests me is how Joan was ahead of her time. She had a snarky humor, and loved to take celebrities down a peg or two. I loved how she would bite at Hollywood's self-seriousness.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When she was on Letterman above, only she could get away with something like that. It's just priceless. She really was a trailblazer for people like Kathy Griffin and Whoopy Goldberg.

I had seen that episode when she was smoking her pipe. So funny. The episodes of Joan and her daughter Melissa are really funny. I encourage folks to watch it.

She left us on a high note.

The world will be a little less funny without her in it.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
David Letterman: “Here’s a woman, a real pioneer for other women looking for careers in stand-up comedy,” said Letterman. “And talk about guts – she would come out here and sit in this chair and say some things that were unbelievable, just where you would have to swallow pretty hard… but it was hilarious… the force of her comedy was overpowering.”

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
The thing I admired about Joan most was that she was a fighter, a survivor. I love strong women.

Judging from the circumstances of her death, Crohnie predicts a BIG lawsuit coming soon.

Top Bottom