Qwiso Issue - Timing/Slow Filtering

Tree Burner

First off, I hope this is in the right section. If not, I apologize.

Ok, so I made some qwiso the other day. I used just a half ounce of some abv I had. I wasn't expecting high quality obviously and what I got was some black tar looking stuff but while making this I realized I might run into a problem in the future.

I used a stopwatch to soak for 30 seconds and then shake for ~20 seconds. I was hoping to have it filtered through an unbleached coffee within 10 seconds. It drained decently well at first but towards the end there was a decent amount of iso just sitting in the filter. At first, I could swish it around inside the filter and that helped but it seemed to just stop after a certain point.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Also, what timing do y'all use when using high quality bud? Thanks

Tree Burner,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
you can strain through a wire strainer w/ the coffee filter below it.. so the main chunks get filtered fast and then the liquid and small chunks filter through the filter alone.. check out the first video of this post.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
When I do qwiso (busted buds in my case but shouldn't matter), I typically (as mentioned above), do my 1st drain thru a metal strainer to avoid too long of a soak, then run 'that' thru two final coffee filterings before purging.

smokum,
Reactions: z9
Top Bottom