qwiso collection

SunnyInPhilly

So I had a big bag of duff(abv) from about 6 months back. Decided I would make my first qwiso. Didnt expect the filter to slow the process so much and ended up soaking the duff longer than I wanted. Thought it was going to be harsh but its not too bad. It turned out to be a decent size ball of tar. And it definitely gets me lifted.

Q. What is the best way to collect all the oil/tar out of my glass plate? I got the most of it with a razor blade but a lot of residue remains mostly on the edges.

Q2. I tossed the abv thinking it soaked too long and I was going to have bad product, but now Im thinking about jumping into the dumpster for round 2. Talk me into/out of it?

SunnyInPhilly,
So I had a big bag of duff(abv) from about 6 months back. Decided I would make my first qwiso. Didnt expect the filter to slow the process so much and ended up soaking the duff longer than I wanted. Thought it was going to be harsh but its not too bad. It turned out to be a decent size ball of tar. And it definitely gets me lifted.

Q. What is the best way to collect all the oil/tar out of my glass plate? I got the most of it with a razor blade but a lot of residue remains mostly on the edges.

Q2. I tossed the abv thinking it soaked too long and I was going to have bad product, but now Im thinking about jumping into the dumpster for round 2. Talk me into/out of it?

A dental scraper has always worked for me. Get an all metal professional tool and be done with it, or most drug stores will sell the Oral B plastic version.

As for q2... It's ABV, is it worth it to you to dumpster dive for it? I wouldn't for sanitary reasons. Wouldn't judge you if you did though.

kingofnull,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I wouldn't if it soaked longer then you meant it too you probably got everything out anyway. A longer soak will just get more waxes and chlorophyll

Puffers,

SunnyInPhilly

that tar was so hard to handle without making a mess, any thoughts about storage if I try it again?

SunnyInPhilly,
that tar was so hard to handle without making a mess, any thoughts about storage if I try it again?

I find it relatively easy to handle :shrug: . Short term storage just scrape it any put it on foil or wax paper, long time a small jar like the ones they sell for cosmetics at any drug store.

kingofnull,

Kommyknocker

I'm about to run out of fresh with at least a weeks wait til anymore is available so am gonna try this out today.
Results shall of course follow :)
I have a half oz. Of Abv.

Kommyknocker,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Talk me into/out of it?

I'd say its spent. No need to try again.

As far as handling, I've never had much luck with Aluminum foil or wax paper, I end up leaving my ISO hash on the knife I use to scrape the razor blade clean. I then store the knife in the freezer, keeps the hash hard/frozen.

Tweak,

Kommyknocker

I wouldn't have thought there is anyway really for you to seperate the salt so imo nope. 99.9iso is pretty cheap on amazon. £22.50,for 5 litres I think I paid 1 litre was a tenner!!

Kommyknocker,
Top Bottom