Qwet/RSO Setup Help

arcwind

Get a rosin press, after making rosin for dabbing, you can wash the already pressed buds for edibles. The rosin will be much better than anything you'll make with QWET.

Honestly, if you don't already know how to make solvent extracts, stop wasting your time with it for inhalables. Basic QWISO/QWET for edibles is no problem, inhalables are another story altogether. There are a great many more risks in solvent processing. The kicker is that where the final product is concerned; QWISO/QWET are inferior techniques for the home user compared to rosin and the various hash techniques - especially if you have no vacuum chamber. You are wasting your time and your terps making QWET for inhalation when better extraction methods like rosin can be more easily achieved.
Ive just had nightmares with rosin but i think i figured out where my issue is and im going to attempt to fix it tomorrow and if not then i might try dry sift or dry ice

Ugh

arcwind,

herbivore21

Ive just had nightmares with rosin but i think i figured out where my issue is and im going to attempt to fix it tomorrow and if not then i might try dry sift or dry ice

Ugh
Dry ice sifting is fucking awful. It is a way to grind your herb/trim to a fine powder and let it all fall through your hash screens, not to make hash worth owning.

Dry sift without dry ice will achieve full melt, but is the most labor-intensive and low yielding method that there is, and also one of the hardest methods with which to make dabbable product. You need to try your hand at rosin first since if your flower is not resinous enough, then you are completely wasting your time buying equipment to make hash with. If you can't make rosin worth a damn from the flower when it is not overly dried and you have used appropriate temps and pressure, you can bet that the flower will make negligible amounts of hash.

Rosin is the absolute easiest way to extract. If you have had difficulties, I suggest working on your rosin tek rather than trying other methods with many more risks and dangers involved like solvent extracts. Rosin should be the first method that any DIY extractor learns and masters. If you can't make rosin work, you are IMO not ready to try lower yielding, more difficult extractions like the various hashes nor are you ready to try your hand at potentially risky solvent extracts.

Rosin should generally be done with temps between 170-230f. You should have approximately 1500psi of pressure on your nug when pressing. If you have these two things, you will get good oil. If your yields are very low and your pressure and temps are sufficient, your flower is either too dry, or just not resinous enough to bother extracting from.

If you are trying to press kief, the problem is that your material is too dry. IME, kief is often harder to press rosin from than flowers!

What kinds of problems did you have with your rosin tek?

herbivore21,
Reactions: Vapology

arcwind

Dry ice sifting is fucking awful. It is a way to grind your herb/trim to a fine powder and let it all fall through your hash screens, not to make hash worth owning.

Dry sift without dry ice will achieve full melt, but is the most labor-intensive and low yielding method that there is, and also one of the hardest methods with which to make dabbable product. You need to try your hand at rosin first since if your flower is not resinous enough, then you are completely wasting your time buying equipment to make hash with. If you can't make rosin worth a damn from the flower when it is not overly dried and you have used appropriate temps and pressure, you can bet that the flower will make negligible amounts of hash.

Rosin is the absolute easiest way to extract. If you have had difficulties, I suggest working on your rosin tek rather than trying other methods with many more risks and dangers involved like solvent extracts. Rosin should be the first method that any DIY extractor learns and masters. If you can't make rosin work, you are IMO not ready to try lower yielding, more difficult extractions like the various hashes nor are you ready to try your hand at potentially risky solvent extracts.

Rosin should generally be done with temps between 170-230f. You should have approximately 1500psi of pressure on your nug when pressing. If you have these two things, you will get good oil. If your yields are very low and your pressure and temps are sufficient, your flower is either too dry, or just not resinous enough to bother extracting from.

If you are trying to press kief, the problem is that your material is too dry. IME, kief is often harder to press rosin from than flowers!

What kinds of problems did you have with your rosin tek?
Space and safety for a decent press, i made a clamp style when my arbor broke and the plates are not perfectly parrallel which im gonma attempt to fix

arcwind,
Top Bottom