Quitting

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
So I have been a heavy user for 23 years the last 19 have been medical for epilepsy and side effects from pharmaceuticals for multiple organ failure. I can honestly say the only time I have not been medicated in that those years is during hospitalizations where I was usually sedated. 4-6 grams a day average with some days that went well beyond that.

I recently found out I may have an opportunity for organ transplants and even medical use is not permitted.

Time to quit.

I have decided not to quit cold turkey as it could cause the likelihood I have a seizure to increase significantly.

I am doing the typical suggested stuff. I have got medication to deal with the nausea. I am replacing the act of reaching for my Zion or Milaana with exercise and extra work around the farm.

What are some other suggestions to get through the loss of a friend that I still love and hope to return to post transplant.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Aw Mr.P, I'm pretty damn sure you know that I'm as soft as shit, so I won't say too much more.
- Other than I think you also know that my thoughts are with you brother . . .

But on a more practical level, I think you're right that excerise is definitely a good distraction - and some form of Yoga & meditation would also be very high(:ugh:) on my list during V(ape)R(eplacement)T(herapy).

Also, I find that focusing on my diet can be rather helpful - vitamin & nutrient packed smoothies, soups & salads - along with some hippy health culture & lifestyle can be a welcome indulgence - although I'm sure that even the thought of it is enough to make some people shudder . . . :uhoh:

Not me though. I love it :tup:

Is it just cannabis you need to stop? This may not be appropriate, but I thought that I would check - could you possibly vape some other non-psychoactive herbs? Just as a little kind of ritual relief, on the odd occasion perhaps?

Lavender, lemon balm, peppermint etc.

It may be worth looking in to. Maybe not.

A good library of books also makes for a cozy retreat :2c:

I'll keep on thinking . . . . . . . . . . :hmm:

PeaceLoveÑPositivity

VnV
:peace:

Last edited:

vaplen

chanting and pranayama! Get yourself some japa beads and chant hare krishna for as many rounds as youd like. When you pronounce each syllable it pulls you into the moment and helps you focus on just that(instead perhaps of obtrusive thoughts or whatever). You can walk around and chant for exercise and exploring. It personally helped me stop caring what other people think and just continue what I'm doing. It also gives you something to say when there is nothing to say.

Pranayama is breathing through alternating nostrils it is also really calming. Admittedly I don't do as much as I'd like but chanting is pretty much a daily thing for me now.

Hope your situation goes well

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Great news to be able to possibly get an organ transplant. That's what's most important right now. Too bad the medical rules are what they are. It doesn't make sense but you've got to follow the rules. Later on down the line if you choose cannabis can be a part of your medication regimen again.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

little maggie

I quit smoking many years ago in order to get a transplant. I didn't start again until a couple of years ago because I was worried about harming "Bob". If anything there's been some improvement in my labs since I started vaping.
I think there have been great suggestions- especially yoga. One thing to keep in mind while you're waiting is that you are going to feel amazing after the transplants.

xRUFUSx

special like everyone else
I quit (for almost a year) to get out of an addiction cycle - I was relying on dabs for a mood change. The emotional withdrawals were intense. I spent the majority of my former 420 budget on healthy food, and went for a jog when I felt like lunging into my bedroom wall.

For me, the (emotional) withdrawals would have been unbearable without replacing dabs with exercise. It was tough like that for a week or 2, though the worst was over the first few days. It was a tough transition but you'd be amazed at how fast anxiety is dispelled while running.

I soon discovered an underlying "internet addiction," as my lifestyle and relationships weren't magically repaired by quitting, though I did have more energy with which to address life.

Fast forward a year of sober internet lurking... pot helps me get stuff done that I feel anxious about starting. Or it can numb the anxiety of procrastinating and starting nothing - depends on my mind.

YMMV, we are all responsible for our choices. *points at mirror*

Last edited:
Top Bottom