1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

quitting tobacco + cannabis

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Dopevape, Dec 14, 2013.

1. whereskarlo

whereskarlo Active Member

Aww, I thought you had quit weed entirely. I've been off weed now for several weeks mainly due to my unfortunate location on the world map. It's a challenge, glad to hear you find vaping satisfying!

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Wow, an oz a week!!

I believe, from observation, that we are many and varied. I am 64 and have been using cannabis since I was 14. Long time. But there have been long periods in there where I did not use cannabis in any way. I found that after about 3 days or so, that not only did my sleep stabilize again but I also just plain quit wanting it.

Now, I saw where the OP (@Dopevape), who is European, was smoking his herb mixed with shag (tobacco, yeah?) as is common there. I smoke cigarettes for 41 years. When I was a kid, everyone smoked everywhere and all of the time. Well, had a heart attack and quit and its my view that kicking nicotine was probably the hardest thing I have ever done.

Somebody said that it has often been said that kicking nicotine is harder than opiods. Well, I certainly was no angel in my youth and I will tell you that opioids ain't nothing compared to nicotine. I would put nicotine right up there with cocaine addiction. This is poisonous and bad stuff.

I have no desire to quit cannabis. I vape now, don't smoke at all, and I work hard to keep my tolerance and usage down (with mixed success). But I would encourage and try to help anyone who wants to get away from tobacco.

Best of luck

3. Beardharmonica

Beardharmonica Well-Known Member

I just stopped vaporizing both cigarette and marijuana this summer. After 20 years of non-stop day and night. I have epilepsy and finally found a medication that works for me. At my age I had to to grow up. Marijuana is a drug even if its a mild one. You can get hooked on it like alchool or tabaco.

It took about 2 weeks to get better. I went to the gym everytime I felt the need.

Dont medicate a little bit. It will be like starting over.

You will get over this.

Talk to your doctor he prescribed me anti-anxiety for the first couple days.

4. AMiA

AMiA Well-Known Member

5. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

I smoked two packs of cigs a day and quit cold turkey in my early 30s. Took 3 months to stop reaching into my shirt pocket for the phantom pack. A very nasty and unhealthy habit but of course legal.

I started occasionally smoking weed at age 70; first mixed with tobacco in a cigarillo and then later using a glass pipe. I read about/studied vaping and bought a crafty in July 2015. My vape broke and I went 17 days without it in December 2016. I experienced impatience while my vape was being repaired/replaced but had no desire to smoke weed.

I am convinced that vaping weed improves my outlook on retirement life. Vaping weed makes me mellow, happy, and lazy. I have no desire or reason to stop.

6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The OP @Dopevape hasn't been on FC since May 2016.
    People need to do what works for them and cannabis isn't for everyone. Cigs are poison and I urge all you smokers to think about your health. When we are young we feel invincible as we get older we find out that life is fleeting and fragile in some cases.

The business of life, working, plus raising a family and before we know it our children are grown. It feels like its been forever since you were only responsible for yourself. Then there you are - it's just you or you and your partner/spouse.

Things start to pop up health wise in your forties and fifties. So take care of your health while you still can, while it still will make a difference in your longevity of life. I am fifty nine and I am seeing folks my age dieing of various diseases, heart attacks, cancer. People that I've known for years. I had a health issue myself this past year. Thanks goodness I have yearly mammograms.
    It's kinda scarey.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    JCat, Squiby, strictly vapor and 4 others like this.
  7. vapismos

vapismos Drooling over Dynavap's website.

I know it's a bit old thread but had to jump in it.

I smoked cigs for 15+years and joints for around 10years.

It's been 3months now that i quit smoking using an ecig that i slowly use less and less. After quiting smoking i started to dislike tabacco smell and taste and i would like my joints that much any more. I had to find an other way as MJ helps me with anxiety and keeps me calm.

After trying a few vaporizers i ended up being in love with my Vapcap M. Vaping MJ 1month now and all good. Currently on a small T-break and planning to get on microdosing after that.

It's time for me to use less and more consciously. I believe this will help me more with my issues and also will let me enjoy the high better than just getting stoned AF whenever i had a chance.

Marihuana, steama, JCat and 1 other person like this.
  8. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Years ago, when I consumed weed in a purely recreational fashion, I consumed way way more than I do now.

Mostly I consume now for energy, pain reduction and for nausea. So sometimes I need to vape more for the medicinal effect. But I have found that microdosing is way way more pleasurable on a daily basis. The highs are cleaner. I feel more alive and not weighed down. I am definitely more productive and enjoy the activities that I pursue more while high on tiny amounts.

I hope you enjoy microdosing as much as I do. Microdosing opened up a whole new world for me.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors