Quitting combustion thanks to vaping

lokiki

Hey everyone,
as the title may speak for itself.

I have been smoking for 12+ years and revently discovered vaping.

Needlessly to say it's been so much better than combusting, the effects, the taste and most important the health benefits!
A blind man can see clearly now :p

I've used to smoke roughly between 10 and 15 joints per day, it's down to 1(!!) now thanks to you guys' advice about vaping
( long time lurker with no acc. )and actually making the leap and buy a vape!

Potentially, if someone is reading this and still combusts, it's so worth it buying a vape and you will notice the benefits since day 1 ( less weed consumption ^^ )

Also if anyone has some advice on to fully quit combustion, much appreciated, I might be addicted to the nicotine making me always come back for a joint but sharing success stories is very welcome !
Cheers (and happy new years day!)

Kind of new here so if the thread is in the wrong section or not a topic to discuss on here then just kindly remove this thread :)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
4 months in and not looking back. Still looking for a vape that can manage a 1/2 gram faster. Magic Flight Launch Box and Dynavap VapCap are my current vapes. Looking at the Tinymight as a medical device. The bucks you save on stash can now be used for gadgets :D

WakeVape&Bake

my tip: quit the tobacco from one day to the other. sounds harsh but yeah, it is for the better

i´ve smoked bong with the usual tobacco cannabis mix for 20 years and in 2017 i just stopped using tobacco from one day to the other, never looked back.

i think quitting tobacco is essential to the vaping experience.

lokiki

4 months in and not looking back. Still looking for a vape that can manage a 1/2 gram faster. Magic Flight Launch Box and Dynavap VapCap are my current vapes. Looking at the Tinymight as a medical device. The bucks you save on stash can now be used for gadgets :D
Hey there thanks for replying
For half a gram I would recommend the volcano hybrid, but ONLY when issues are solved.

it packs a heavy punch and the chamber holds about 0.5gr, more if packing dense

my tip: quit the tobacco from one day to the other. sounds harsh but yeah, it is for the better

i´ve smoked bong with the usual tobacco cannabis mix for 20 years and in 2017 i just stopped using tobacco from one day to the other, never looked back.

i think quitting tobacco is essential to the vaping experience.
Hey thanks for the advice and ur experience!
one day to the other, I assume you mean to quit smoking immediately tomorrow
or did u mean to smoke one day and one nonsmoking day and then again one smoke day?

WakeVape&Bake

Hey there thanks for replying
For half a gram I would recommend the volcano hybrid, but ONLY when issues are solved.

it packs a heavy punch and the chamber holds about 0.5gr, more if packing dense

Hey thanks for the advice and ur experience!
one day to the other, I assume you mean to quit smoking immediately tomorrow
or did u mean to smoke one day and one nonsmoking day and then again one smoke day?

i´ve meant just quitting completely from one day to the other without smoking tobacco again at all

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hiya, good to read everyone's experience.
I was unable to have a healthy relationship with cannabis whilst I rolled tobacco spliffs. I think it's essential to separate the two out and tackle giving up cigarettes/rollie's as a separate project.
Establishing a solid parallel pure cannabis vaping world alongside the tobacco one means you'll feel a lot more stable ditching tobacco/nicotine when you finally do.

I still smoke the occasional tobacco spliff when with very old friends but I keep it to a couple of times a year only. If you've got a proper vaping habit going it will be easier to not get drawn back into combusting.

I think it's useful to keep your tolerance in check too, that's been key to me maintaing a much healthier relationship with cannabis and made easier to do by vaping it.

Wish you the best I think you'll have a fulfilling journey and find find the plant even more beneficial:)

lokiki

Just tackle both at once with an ecig & a couple of good plug in dry herb vapes. You can quit one or even both if you need to once the addiction has subsided.
Also I found vitamin C helpful for mood while doing this.
Thanks for the advice!
I am a bit weary of ecigs, tried it once, felt like razors and had a sore throat for 2 days. haven't touched it since.

as for vitamins, I make sure to eat healthy and include lots of fruit into my nutrition, surely helps with moods, it's a great tip, thanks :)
I am indeed looking for a new plug in vape as u mentioned, any advice or what is your favorite unit? :)

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Thanks for the advice!
I am a bit weary of ecigs, tried it once, felt like razors and had a sore throat for 2 days. haven't touched it since.

as for vitamins, I make sure to eat healthy and include lots of fruit into my nutrition, surely helps with moods, it's a great tip, thanks :)
I am indeed looking for a new plug in vape as u mentioned, any advice or what is your favorite unit? :)
Could go to the e-cig forum and learn more about it. There's a lot of variables, shouldn't take long to hone in on what's causing that sensation from e-cigs. Far better than smoking.

I myself never enjoyed mixing tobacco with weed, but could see that habit being tough to kick. Best of luck man.

hayhay

Hey,

I’m in the same boat, I just quit tobacco today in favour of a vape. I have been smoking baccy/herb spliffs for around 17 years but I’m really starting to feel the negative impacts - this is what spurred me on. It’s so encouraging to have found this forum and to see all of the helpful and supportive comments, I’m finding it really helpful so thank you :)

I’ve seen that it can take a couple of weeks until you really start to feel the full effects of vaping, that’s keeping me going. It’s not hitting the same way at the moment.

I’ve started on a Pax 3, is there another device I should be thinking of buying?

Thank you!

EverythingsHazy

Hey,

I’m in the same boat, I just quit tobacco today in favour of a vape. I have been smoking baccy/herb spliffs for around 17 years but I’m really starting to feel the negative impacts - this is what spurred me on. It’s so encouraging to have found this forum and to see all of the helpful and supportive comments, I’m finding it really helpful so thank you :)

I’ve seen that it can take a couple of weeks until you really start to feel the full effects of vaping, that’s keeping me going. It’s not hitting the same way at the moment.

I’ve started on a Pax 3, is there another device I should be thinking of buying?

Thank you!
The E-Nano is an incredibly efficient and powerful desktop vape. At ~6 on the heat dial, you can rip huge clouds from tiny amounts of high quality herb. You can also hook it up to a bong, for a more traditional Cannabis smoking experience.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Good stuff man. Looking back I can clearly remember the impact of vaping. I was lucky enough to choose a decent one before finding this community, but there are some Vapes that would have tourned me away from it
As for quitting for good, I think it comes primarily down to your desire and finding a suitable vaporizing device. Good luck getting rid of the smoke

Last edited:

hayhay

I’ll look into it - thank you :)
The E-Nano is an incredibly efficient and powerful desktop vape. At ~6 on the heat dial, you can rip huge clouds from tiny amounts of high quality herb. You can also hook it up to a bong, for a more traditional Cannabis smoking experience.[/QUOTE

Good stuff man. Looking back I can clearly remember the impact of vaping. I was lucky enough to choose a decent one before finding this community, but there are some Vapes that would have tourned me away from it
As for quitting for good, I think it comes primarily down to your desire and finding a suitable vaporizing device. Good luck getting rid of the smoke
I definitely want to quit, especially knowing it gets so much better. I’ll have a look around on here and see if there’s anything that piques my interest. Really hope I can do it this time, thank you for the luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaMan2k

First of all : Good job so far.

Our story is almost the same, lurking here and reading the threads is also what motivated me to quit tobacco, and tobacco spliffs.

As someone els mentioned quitting tobacco is almost essential to getting the complete vape experience.
I found that out while quitting my self too, and it was the final motivation i needed to quit 100%-

In the begging of my vaping era i would sometimes go back and smoke a spliff, but after vaping the taste from spliffs was never really apealing again, imo if combusting early on in the day the vapes for the rest of that day would kinda suck. This just motivated me even more to not even smoke on occasions,

It has come to a point where i cannot even be in the same room where someone is combusting, wether that be a spliff or a cigarette-

Its all for the better tho, and you have much postive stuff to look foward to-

I def started to enjoy life more after quitting, Food taste better, music sounds better, movies are more enjoyable, reading and learning has become more interresting than netflix etc. Like my brain was turnt on for the first time.

Recently i went down a rabbithole with rosin making and dabbing, which was fun for a few years but i have come to realize that i cannot keep my tolerance in-check with this style of vaping, i know some can but i seem to get super addicted really fast to that intense dab-high, and i end up dabbing all day and almost go back to the same level of neclect as when i was combusting,

On a complete break right now to reset tolerance, and i will be going back to vaping small amounts of flower again, I think thats the sweetspot (for me atleast,) less than 1 gram of herb daily via my classic volcano,

A tolerance break, even just for a few days would do you real good to make the final shift away from combusting- Or just have a single vape at nighttime so you dont have to get off THC completely, but just resets ur taste buds and so on, from not smoking-

I wish you the best of luck on your mission to quitting combustion, always feel free to pm me even if you just need some support to keep moving along.

WakeVape&Bake

i can really tell the difference between the times where i was still smoking tobacco and today, i had chronic coughing every morning and generally were out of breath fast.

this has stopped completely since quitting tobacco and switching to vaping. i barely cough anymore and in general i feel fitter since stopping combustion and tobacco. i could really feel how my body was regenerating after stopping tobacco and smoking in general.

it is exactly 3 years this month and as i said, i never looked back

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
i can really tell the difference between the times where i was still smoking tobacco and today, i had chronic coughing every morning and generally were out of breath fast.

this has stopped completely since quitting tobacco and switching to vaping. i barely cough anymore and in general i feel fitter since stopping combustion and tobacco. i could really feel how my body was regenerating after stopping tobacco and smoking in general.

it is exactly 3 years this month and as i said, i never looked back

Yeah it's great and something of a relief when things like lifelong coughs go away and balance returns.

Definitely don't underestimate the increase in mental well-being too. I found myself much more in control of my relationship with cannabis, which in turn made me feel more in control of my life. I definitely used to abuse it, now I use it and that feels very liberating.

WakeVape&Bake

Through the change to vaping i also developed a whole new relationship to the herb. i see it much different than all the years before. i consume it more mindfully these days and more for a balanced life than "just getting high"

after 20 years of smoking bongs it was a great change and i definitely made the right call to stop combustion and tobacco

kalel

Through the change to vaping i also developed a whole new relationship to the herb. i see it much different than all the years before. i consume it more mindfully these days and more for a balanced life than "just getting high"

after 20 years of smoking bongs it was a great change and i definitely made the right call to stop combustion and tobacco
Welcome to the other side. ;)

Alexis

The E-Nano is an incredibly efficient and powerful desktop vape. At ~6 on the heat dial, you can rip huge clouds from tiny amounts of high quality herb. You can also hook it up to a bong, for a more traditional Cannabis smoking experience.
So many people here and everywhere else, praise the Enano so highly to this day. It has maintained it's excellent rep almost flawlessly, not ever really coming close to being wobbled on its mighty impressive perch.

I have not used one myself but but have observed over the years the immense level of satisfaction and praise it has received from so many members here who have experience with with many other excellent vaporizer models.

In particular the enano appears to receive very little criticism.

I have a Woodscents, so I have struggle to justify the idea of also acquiring an EE nano but I remain to be drawn towards it. It sure holds appeal still to so many getting into the vaping game, and well worth a recommendation.

Especially for those looking for a variety of vaping styles and options, also like ypu say Hazy these logs are amazing at delivering a really decent hits from the tiniest amount of herb and you can be so flexible as well I find with strange selection where you don't have to commit to a certain strain or buzz you can just mix and match so freely according to desire.

However, I also like and require something which handles larger loads, hits harder, quicker, and medicates faster with less effort time and in particular load maintenance to keep monster hits going.

But I would not want to be without the option of switching back to the Woodscents for a different style and Pace of medication which is not to be underestimated in terms of hard-hitting potential and effects.

Hope you are doing good @EverythingsHazy. :)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
+1 on the e-nano. Still my favorite vape after many years. It has never let me down.

Many have looked to the Dynavap as a great way to substitute the smoking-like experience from tobacco to cannabis. You get to keep the ritual, only without the crap. And they are a lot of fun and fucking effective.

Best wishes to all of you who are quitting. Cannabis is a life saver.

Last edited:

Alexis

Another quick point guys anybody who is serious about trying to quit or make changes in any addiction and I'm referring also to serious genuine addictions like heroin and opiates etc, both from a physical and also mental and psychological perspective....

Look into the herb known as kava which is a natural herb with strong psychoactive effects similar to alcohol but will be total clear headedness to it and lack of impairment with no toxic hangover or rough feeling.

It is a psychedelic plant medicine and is especially enjoyable in its effects particularly beneficial for anxiety and depression which I have been using it for recently lately.

I have been enjoying the kava so much that I am actually preferring the effects and experience the dart of cannabis although there are still used my daily edible cannabis and vaporizer but much less vaporizer is required and I'm fine as drawn towards it and less dependent on the practice of getting high more frequently throughout the day with cannabis.

I am vaporising much smaller amounts in each session and going much longer without.

Unfortunately my body reacts adversely and strangely to supplements and plant medicines in the form of excessive mucus production and lung congestion and kava is no exception but I have been enjoying it because it is so damned enjoyable.

I can honestly say that putting aside old personal adverse and respiratory side effects I could easily abandoned cannabis altogether in place of of moderate daily kava drinking which offers extraordinary medicinal potential itself with very little Downside it would seem.

Kava is non addicting and does not produce withdrawals so is excellent to help people get off of other substances which are addictive and toxic in that sense.

But at the very least the introduction of kava can help somebody to modify their feelings and usage of cannabis for the better as it certainly has done for myself making me less dependent and generally more clear-headed.

I firmly believe in using additional safe and natural herbal remedies to make certain modifications to ones use of other substances even quitting entirely. I have experimented with and study into many different natural herbs and remedies recently and kava has been particularly interesting to me. It is especially sociable and being a spiritual medicine works on the heart centres etc and can be really good for the personality of the person and resolving emotional issues etc.

Last edited:

hayhay

Thank you everyone for you generous and thoughtful replies. It fills me with hope that I will feel much better once the hard part is over, I got some oil to see if that will help more with the cravings/help me sleep. Knowing that it will also allow me to have a much more meaningful relationship with herb is also a massive plus, I do find that I’m unable to control myself with it in recent years.

I will keep checking back in, thank you so much for your help :) wishing you all a lovely day!

WakeVape&Bake

+1 on the e-nano. Still my favorite vape after many years. It has never let me down.

Many have looked to the Dynavap as a great way to substitute the smoking-like experience from tobacco to cannabis. You get to keep the ritual, only without the crap. And they are a lot of fun and fucking effective.

Best wishes to all of you who are quitting. Cannabis is a life saver.

and as a step up to the Dynavap i recommend a Sticky Brick especially for former bong smokers..trust me, you will love it.

EverythingsHazy

So many people here and everywhere else, praise the Enano so highly to this day. It has maintained it's excellent rep almost flawlessly, not ever really coming close to being wobbled on its mighty impressive perch.

I have not used one myself but but have observed over the years the immense level of satisfaction and praise it has received from so many members here who have experience with with many other excellent vaporizer models.

In particular the enano appears to receive very little criticism.

I have a Woodscents, so I have struggle to justify the idea of also acquiring an EE nano but I remain to be drawn towards it. It sure holds appeal still to so many getting into the vaping game, and well worth a recommendation.

Especially for those looking for a variety of vaping styles and options, also like ypu say Hazy these logs are amazing at delivering a really decent hits from the tiniest amount of herb and you can be so flexible as well I find with strange selection where you don't have to commit to a certain strain or buzz you can just mix and match so freely according to desire.

However, I also like and require something which handles larger loads, hits harder, quicker, and medicates faster with less effort time and in particular load maintenance to keep monster hits going.

But I would not want to be without the option of switching back to the Woodscents for a different style and Pace of medication which is not to be underestimated in terms of hard-hitting potential and effects.

Hope you are doing good @EverythingsHazy. :)
Thank you! I hope 2020 has been treating you kindly, as well.

The E-Nano is definitely a high quality piece of machinery, backed by great customer service. Highly recommended. It's also very powerful, so you an rip some massive convection dab clouds, as well, with a small piece of a metal concentrate pad. It also maintains a very stable temperature, unlike the ones that you have to heat with a lighter. This gives you full control over your sessions.

I do recommend that you use either a waterpiece or a filter insert for the stem (possibly hemp fiber), though, as little bits of plant material do make their way through the screen, and I can't imagine that it's a good idea to inhale them (though this is likely the case with most dry herb convection vapes.

Paired with a nice matrix perc and some very warm water, the E-Nano is hard to beat.

Top Bottom