Questions about decarbing....

Newvaper_76

Hi folks
I'm new to the site and pretty new to vaping.im really interested in turning my weed in to ejuice to smoke in my vape. I've watched a few vids and followed them closely decarb then in a jar of Pg vg mix and in hot water for three hours then strain..... I've tried it a few times with varying results
The oven I'm using is really old and it doesn't get to the temp it says it does so I'm kind of guessing on the decarb...I've read different things on the net some say the weed should look slightly golden after decarb some say it just drys it and some pics of decarbed weed look nearly black....what am I actually aiming for in terms of colour as the temp dial on the oven is fubar....can I decarb under the grill in foil?????
As for the hot bath...how hot is hot???? The majority of the juice I've made has come out kind of cloudy I've read that it's because I've had the water too hot...is this right????
I am really lovin the whole vape thing tho just wanna make sure I'm doing it right... I know from what I've read on your good site that it would be best to make my juice from Rosin or something and believe me I would love to do that but it's not really an option for me....
Hope you folks can answer my questions......thankyou

Tranquility

Why are you trying to "decarb" your weed?

Often, it is a step necessary if you are going to make an edible. Otherwise, most just let the heat of vaping or combustion do the job.

Are you trying to do some sort of concentration? (Like an ethanol tincture?)

Tranquility,

Newvaper_76

No all I want to do is make some ejuice with some of my weed in it..I'm new to all this and watched some YouTube vids about making thc infused vape juice and in all the vids they start by decarbing the weed in an oven......so that's what I thought I had to do.....

Newvaper_76,

Mark

John Brown
After decarbing, you need to add terpenes to make it less viscous so it works in vape carts. Otherwise it will just harden back up to shatter when it cools.

Mark,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom