Question on replacement 18650 batteries.

DopeFight

I'll admit this is one area I don't know jack shit about. But reading on a few different sites I'm seeing some differences in the specs or whatever...all are the 18650s but some are 3000 and some 3200. I'm seeing the same vaporizer names by both batteries across different sites. Can someone tell me what difference using one or the other may bring and that wouldn't cause damage to the vaporizer using the wrong battery.

DopeFight,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I've purchased quite a few 18650's, 18500's 18350's and other batteries due to using ecigs.
The most useful advice I can give regarding these types of batteries is always buy from a reputable seller.
Also, stick with well known brands, samsung, sony etc. as they're usually safer.

The 3000 or 3200 rating is the mah or capacity. Larger batteries generally means a longer run time, but not always as some cells are protected or in the case with some junk cells the voltage can drop/droop so much as to not be useful.
Post up some links and I'm sure peeps on here will be able to let you know if they're good sellers and cells

Last edited:

DopeFight

Would it be safe to use one of the 3000s in a vape that came with a 3200 ?

DopeFight,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
If you're running high watts you wanna make sure the cell is a high drain with appropriate amperage. Generally the lower mAh cells have the best discharge. Panasonic also makes great cells.

For regular e-cigs (normal resistance atomizers, 1.5-2.5 ohm running 20-25watts), the 3000-3200 mAh cells are pretty good, the cloud chaser atomizers (0.3ish ohm running 50-200watts) that run at really low resistance seem to do best with the 2400 mAh higher drain cells.

This is old knowledge for me, so perhaps things have improved in the higher mAh cells. It was my understanding they generally don't have the discharge capabilities of the lower mAh cells.

psychonaut,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Would it be safe to use one of the 3000s in a vape that came with a 3200 ?
As long as the cells have similar current draw ratings that won't be exceeded by the mod/coil/heater used.
Post a link so we can see what kind of batteries you're talking about

Pyr0,

OF

Can you please tell me how the MH 1 and the LG 2 will differ far as preformance goes.

I think he gave the chief issue, cost?

It really all depends on what you're using them in, which determines the current demand (in Amps) which tells you how much capacity you have to 'trade away' to get that. Cells with very high potential capacity here, say the 30Q recommended above offer 15 Amp potential and 3000mAh. While the same maker's 25R (also an excellent choice) offers only 2500mAh in order to give 20 Amp potential.

Understand there are really only four makers of high end cells in the whole world, Panasonic, Sony, LG and Samsung. Period. All other 'makers' don't make anything but questionable claims by 're wrapping' one of those real Maker's products.....sometimes counterfeits or rejects even. Beware.

So to get useful advice you'll need to tell us what vape you intend to use it in?

Best wishes,

OF

DopeFight

It was in the link of the batteries I was asking about... but I did forget just to add the name of what vape the batteries would be used it. It's called The War Drum.. made by Lord Vaper..

I just know it's a 3200 18650 lol

DopeFight,
Reactions: OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

OF

Awesome man..thanks for the info and links.. Reading in the vape's booklet it says it takes a 3200-MAH with no less than 20A.

Interesting, good luck with that. Last I checked 20A limits you to 2500mAh or so. Samsung 25R and LG HE2s will do that, the champ is the Sony VTC5 which offers 2600mAh. No matter what the guy who sold it claims, or what the label might say, that's 'state of the art'?

If you need 20A, I suggest one of those 3.

OF

DopeFight

Wow... I didn't think it was possible but I do believe I'm even more confused on the battery issue. LoL I even double checked the user guide to make sure I had the right info and didn't miss anything. But it reads.... ["should the battery fail to charge, it must be replaced with an identical 18650 - type, 3200mAh capacity and discharge current not lower than 20A. Replacement with any other type will void the warranty."]

DopeFight,

OF

Wow... I didn't think it was possible but I do believe I'm even more confused on the battery issue. LoL I even double checked the user guide to make sure I had the right info and didn't miss anything. But it reads.... ["should the battery fail to charge, it must be replaced with an identical 18650 - type, 3200mAh capacity and discharge current not lower than 20A. Replacement with any other type will void the warranty."]

I don't doubt that's what is says. If you think you're confused now, do some research and I'm sure you'll find like I did that no such cells exist. As a small quibble, none are 'batteries' in the classical sense since they are being used one at a time. Just like a single cannon is a field gun, two or more working together is a battery. Then again we all call the aerosol form of THC we crave 'vapor' which it's not (vapor is single gas molecules, not clumps like water vapor in the air differs from fog or clouds). FWIW I think it's important to use technical term correctly, this is not a time being casual with such details?

I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you a replacement that claims to be that, but I've never tested a real 20 Amp cell to be more than a bit over 2500mAh. "Battery Mooch" will tell the tale with his latest listings?

My advice is to stick with honest 20 Amp cells rather than looking for 3200mAh. Not having 20 Amp capacity is dangerous (overheating if the vape demands it), having less that 3200 simply means recharging sooner.

Regards to all.

OF

Edit: Here you go:
https://batterybro.com/collections/moochs-recommended/ampint_20-30

Looks like the best you can do is the HG2 at 3000mAh which didn't exist when I went looking for cells in the 20 to 30 Amp range. Basically any listed on the page should do the job for you, although run time will be less.

OF

Last edited:
OF,

DopeFight

Cool deal and again thanks for the good info! I would hate to think so but any chance that it may be kinda a shady business move to get folks to buy their over priced replacements?

DopeFight,

OF

Cool deal and again thanks for the good info! I would hate to think so but any chance that it may be kinda a shady business move to get folks to buy their over priced replacements?

You think?

Not saying anything about them, don't even know who they are, but I've known a few 'Suits' (Sales types) that would not only come up with such a thought but think a bonus or raise was due......

One thing sure, they can slip out of any warranty based on that.........

Business models differ, and ethics is highly subjective I figure. "Buyer beware" is becoming a harder and harder call sometimes. Which can also be a good thing?

OF

OF,

DopeFight

I wouldn't want to think any company would would do such a shady shady move just to sell a few extra replacement parts. But this day and time you just never know. On a side note.... just how would a company know if you used something other than what came with the unit.

DopeFight,
Top Bottom