• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Question from a casual smoker

rklevy

So I am all set to get a Vape, as I am tired of burning my Lungs. I don't smoke that much, maybe a few hits Friday or Saturday night. I don't like to get wasted; just a nice mellow Indica body buzz. So which Vape is good for me? Will the Hotbox work well if I don't plan on smoking much? (A friend said that is that way to go) Is there a better one for the casual toker? I wouldlike to spend $200 and under. What do you think? Much thanks form a Newbie!!

rklevy,

Chubba

Vaporbonger

The 30-45 minute warmup doesn't matter if you're not a totally spontaneous user.

1 or 2 stems, little pinch of bud and you should be at a nice high.

You don't need a big 3 foot whip if you're just a casual toker.

Chubba,

Beezleb

I will second Chubba in the PD but add that the the myrltezap and purple days are both great economical vapes as they perform very well using smaller amounts of weed. The Myrltezap has a less wait time than the PD and a bit cheaper. In fact I think someone is selling theirs in the sell your vape thread. The PD is very popular choice, hence the long waiting period. I suggest in looking at the purple days website and the PD thread and check out the video on Tom constructing them, a true craftsman. I believe both vapes to be similar in performance and hold both manufacturers in the highest regard. From your post I would consider one of these vapes as a first consideration.

If you want a whip vape from the cheap end I would consider an easy vape but look more seriously at Da Buddha Vaporizer or the Warez 3g. The Warez 3g is a bit cheaper. The hotbox is a decent vape as well but I personally would consider the others before the hotbox.

If your into bags, a bit out of your price range, check out the extreme or herbalaire vaporizer.

If you have an existing bong check out the vrip wand vaporizer.

Good luck in your selection!

Beezleb,

tuttle

I would actually disagree with the first two posts. As an occasional user, you won't have the PD / MZ on all the time, so you will have to wait the good 30-45 min warm up time, which means you need to plan well ahead to turn it on. The PD / MZ is fantastic because they have small loads, but they take a LONG time to heat, which as an occasional user myself I find it to be a major detraction.

While you state that you don't want to get wasted, I would look at the vapes that heat up a bit faster like the Da Buddha (which does have a large bowl, but you can load small amounts) or something like the Launch Box if you want something more portable. With something like the DBV, you can always ask Steve (7th Floor owner) to make a custom single hit wand for you, which he is willing to do. Just my :2c:

Good luck with your search.

tuttle,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I don't see the warm up as a problem unless you're a spontaneous user.

I ALWAYS know 45 minutes before I'm going to get high, it's never a spur of the moment decision.

Chubba,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Chubba said:

I ALWAYS know 45 minutes before I'm going to get high, it's never a spur of the moment decision.
I think the Pd and i've heard the MZ too seem to benefit getting left on. Yes 45 mins does start producing vapor, but personally on my PD i find the vapor is a best after about 2hrs or so when it's really warmed up.

Happycamper,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i've gotten spoiled by a 2 minute warm up.

if is show up 7 minutes late for an appointment, you know i just vaped a vial of bud.

Hippie Dickie,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Consider the V-Tower, you should be able to find it on ebay for $150.00 or less without trying too hard. Or if you want the option of bags consider the Extreme which can be had for $250.00 or less. There is no real difference in direct draw performance between the two.The GonG connection makes the whip easy to pass and with elbow packing you get enormous hits.

chucku,

DJDIZZY

Happycamper said:
Chubba said:

I think the Pd and i've heard the MZ too seem to benefit getting left on. Yes 45 mins does start producing vapor, but personally on my PD i find the vapor is a best after about 2hrs or so when it's really warmed up.
But the whole point of the PD/MZ is to be left ON 24/7, so there shouldn't be any warm up time. A lot including myself put the unit on a timer. I have it turn on an hour before I leave work till bedtime and then 24/7 on the weekends.

The PD produces a nice cerebral buzz on 1 tube and can "couch lock" you on a few.

If you really only hit a few times 1 or 2 days a week, I also think the PD is your best bet. Now if you wanna have temp control and more bells and whistles then I second the DBV.

DJDIZZY,

Beezleb

you can leave any vape on all the time if you want. Its not a new invention hehe.

Beezleb,

masejl12

Beezleb said:
you can leave any vape on all the time if you want. Its not a new invention hehe.
But I wouldn't feel safe with most other vapes just left on without me being there.

masejl12,

taggs

Cameron
I'd suggest figuring out the qualities you want in a vape, then go from there. Once you nail down exactly what you're looking for the info on this forum will make your choice very easy. At least it did for me, anyway :).

taggs,

exdmd

I second the Myrtlezap. You can get one in a few days. I leave mine on all the time, and sitting on my desk it is very stealth and ready anytime I want to use it. Gets the job done, really all the vape one person needs. Helps to conserve your expensive herb. Compared to using a bong I estimate the herb goes twice as far. Not really designed for party use, only downside I have noted. If it wears out in a few years so what, I'll just buy another one. You can vary the temp a bit by putting a beer coozy on the unit to make it run warmer and get a thicker vape.

If budget is tight you might consider the Launch Box. Great for portable use, not as user friendly as the Zap for home use, you will need extra batteries.

My ideal vape would be the Herborizer or Aromed, but when I consider the price I prefer to put the money toward more software (herb.)

exdmd,

rklevy

Thanks so much for allthe help here. I think I'm gonna' go with Da Buddha. But you all have been so very helpful and I truly appreciate it...:)

rklevy,
Top Bottom