Question about VG tincture

arcwind

Question for you guys, i recently switched from diy rosin to diy qwet and i dont want the last little bit of goodness to go to waste after my 2nd wash but i hate the burn of alcohol tinctures, so can i use the dried remains and run a VG tincture cycle on my magicalbutter machine and it still work?

arcwind,

Deleted Member 1643

Hi @arcwind! You certainly can, done it several times. Won't get much activity after your second wash, but you can save it and repeat with your next batch of filtrate.

Curious - why are you switching from rosin to QWET? Considering trying rosin, but very happy with QWET.

Cool tincture thread. Might consider PG instead of VG. Works better, IME.

Deleted Member 1643,

arcwind

Hi @arcwind! You certainly can, done it several times. Won't get much activity after your second wash, but you can save it and repeat with your next batch of filtrate.

Curious - why are you switching from rosin to QWET? Considering trying rosin, but very happy with QWET.

Cool tincture thread. Might consider PG instead of VG. Works better, IME.

Maybe you misunderstood. I want to take the bud directly from 2nd wash, dry it, decarb it, and run it as bud through my machine. So should I decarb after 2nd wash then? Id let the buds dry out for a week or more before decarbing to not start a fire

So i made a press and all but getting good parts and supplies is very expensive. I felt it was much easier to switch to qwet because i will never have time where i cant do a small run when needed. Rosin is just alot harder to get down perfectly and im tired of getting mixed results.

arcwind,

Deleted Member 1643

Gotcha. Typically let filtrate air dry at least overnight. If you start out with very dry material, you're just evaporating a little ethanol, which goes quickly. I've decarbed this in an electric oven without causing an explosion. If you're worried about it, you can decarb after the glycol extraction. VG and PG are perfectly cool at 250F. You can even watch the bubbles rise. :whoa:

The initial expense and risk is the put-off with rosin. Never even tried it. Have you tried squeezing first then doing a QWET on the squeezed material, if that's even possible?

Deleted Member 1643,
Top Bottom