• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Question About Using VG or None??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixshooter

6Shotter
I have been brewing tea for years. I am new to vaping and wonder why not just boil the herb at the proper temp and vape the distilled water? Similar to a medical Neutralizer my niece uses for her asthma.

Has anyone tried this and know the REAL reason people use VG, PG instead of just distilled water?

sixshooter,

Bouldorado

Probably because THC has a very low solubility in water. That means you can't really concentrate the amount of material needed, so there would be no benefit in trying to add bud to water. Furthermore, relative to THC and other cannabinoids, water has a pretty low boiling point.

215z

That is a great question. I have many years experience brewing tea as well.

The wonderful flavors of tea, as well as the active alkaloid caffeine, is stripped from the tea leaves with water. It is the structure of these molecules that allow it to bind well with water.

Cannabinoids, as well as many of the flavors of ganja, will not bind with water. They will however, bind with oil. You can steep or fry cannabis in cooking oil, the result of which will be a flavor and cannabinoid rich oil.

Oils are not safe to inhale, and there is no easy way to separate oil from the cannamagic.

Vodka is an interesting solvent, because it will strip both stuff that typically binds to water, and the stuff that binds to oils. It isn't difficult to then separate the vodka from the plant extract.

Those of us who focus just on getting high use solvents that selectively strip the cannamagic while leaving everything else behind. Butane is excellent at that task. Alcohols are far more aggressive, and far less selective, so they are best used for short durations at low temperatures.

You mention PG and VG, but the truth is neither are good solvents for stripping cannamagic.

Jenna_Kitten

You could do it with high fat milk, but not water. You'd have to drink it too. Gets me really baked.

Jenna_Kitten,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom