Question about fixed temp vapes

Nosferatu

I know it depends on personal opinion and I'm not bashing log vapes like the PD, MZ, or WDZ. I have a PD and think its a great vape, I'm just more curious about the question of whether or not 385F is hot enough to get all the good CBD/CBNs that attribute to the best cannabis high. I know you can say its up to the user but it is known that certain chemicals in marijuana complement others. Meaning one or the other alone wouldn't be pleasurable, but together they give the the mind pleasant effects. Like the fact CBDs and CBNs complement THC, other wise it alone makes you anxious/paranoid without the body high to remind you that you're in a different state of consciousness.

Well my question is, at what temperature are you getting all the CBD/CBNs you need to complement everything that vaporized before them. I know many say its 385F but I'm convinced its higher than that. I no longer like hitting my PD because of its temperature, I get anxious and moody but still feel so sober and never satisfied. If I hit my Buddha or Ion I have a great high with much more euphoria and powerful pleasantness. The log vapes give me a more awkward buzz/high, that gets me irritable and in the mood too argue/dispute everything.

Maybe its just me, but I feel like stopping at 385F is only getting part the high, or too much THC and not enough CBD/CBNs. I also have a hard time controlling my usage with log vapes, I'm never satisfied for long and need to constantly re-up. Using variable temp vapes now I am much happier, more clear minded, and have a better memory. Something about that ratio of THC to other chemicals just isn't right to me. I say a little higher temps are needed for the best and most balanced cannabis high, but what do I know? ;)

Nosferatu,

max

Out to lunch
I'm just more curious about the question of whether or not 385F is hot enough to get all the good CBD/CBNs that attribute to the best cannabis high.
Just as there is no best vaporizer, there is no best temp. It depends on what you're looking for. And unlike with smoking, where it's all or nothing, vaping can give you the effect you want. The high temp range is where most medical users go, for antiinflamatory and sedative properties. I might use the high temp range later at night, but my best high for earlier in the evening can usually be achieved with a fixed temp model.

The log vapes give me a more awkward buzz/high, that gets me irritable and in the mood too argue/dispute everything.
I've never heard that before, but if you don't like low temps don't use 'em.

I say a little higher temps are needed for the best and most balanced cannabis high, but what do I know?
You know what works for you, but everyone isn't like you. Drugs don't affect every person the same way. Our body chemistry plays a big part and everyone is different.

max,

Nosferatu

Sorry I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything, I was just curious if I would find anyone the same as me by posting this. I agree it depends on the person and the strain, but I guess I should have worded my questions differently. So does anyone else feel like they are missing something with fixed temp vapes, or am I crazy? And I know alot if not MOST people here used fixed temp vapes, so dont take offense, I just personally feel they are missing important chemicals for the most ideal high. But thats just my guess, not fact. And everyones ideal high is different and I still see why using a log vape during the day is a good idea, I just wouldn't be happy with one ALL the time is all.

Nosferatu,

lwien

Well, when one combusts, they are virtually getting the whole ball of wax, eh?

I combusted for decades.
I've also used the Ion at various temps from 350 to 420. Also used the Buddha at various temps.

For me, the PD is ideal and the high that I get from it leaves nothing more to be desired. I prefer it to combustion and I also prefer it to the high temps I vaped at with the Ion......and this is regardless what strain I am vaping.

So my experience is totally contrary to yours. It surly doesn't make me right and you wrong. It just means that we are different.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I guess I can relate to you as well - sometimes.

Personally I tend to get VapeADD and pick the appropriate vape for the mood Im in.

Sometimes I like to get as much as I possibly can from my herb (SSV, SV, MFLB, VG)
Sometimes I want to get there like JG Wentworthless (SV, VG)
Sometimes I like to take my time and enjoy the stroll (SSV)
And sometimes I want to conserve and persevere (with the rest of my day) - MZ.

Regardless of WHICH weapon is my choice at the given time, I know that I will ALWAYS get out of it what I might have missed with that given session. (ABV is multi-use too) :)

AGBeer,

Nosferatu

Ok so I have concluded my tolerance is too high. The PD satisfies me coming off a break or when my tolerance is low. My body probably started craving the higher temp stuff only once it started getting it. I know lwien said he vapes just once a night or so, and my friend that I argure too about this, is a lightweight, so it probably has to do with just being so use to the DBV that not reaching those temps leaves me irritated/unsatisfied. Well whatever I guess there are too many variables too really get into this.

Just curious is there a chart that shows each chemical in marijuana and what temperature it vapes at? Or its boiling point or whatever? I want to see just what you are getting up to each temperature just for kicks.

Nosferatu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Check out this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197

I know what you're saying, though. I only use variable temp vapes and I do mix up the temps a lot depending on the mood I'm in and what time of day it is. I have to say that I am very interesting in getting a PD just for the hell of it. For some reason I think I'd like it from reading all the reviews.

Stu,

Nosferatu

You should,it is the most effecient vape with the only downside being the fixed temp. But I think its still a necessary vape to own if your a daily user.

Nosferatu,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
You should,it is the most effecient vape with the only downside being the fixed temp. But I think its still a necessary vape to own if your a daily user.

OK, I need to add a bit of perspective here. For many, including myself, having a fixed temp is not a downside, but in fact, an upside, for it takes all of the guesswork out of adjusting a temp setting and allows for an easy, uncomplicated vaping experience.

Also, there are many here, who even with variable temp vapes find that once they find a temp that they like, they keep it there, which then makes having a variable temp a non-issue.

For many others, they like tinkering around with various temp settings, but I do think it's incorrect to generally state that having a fixed temp is a downside.

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
while it is true that i often stick to the same temperature for a number of sessions (depending on the strain/quality of the bud), now that i can adjust the temperature (a degree at a time if i wish) i could never be satisfied with a fixed temp vape again. ...must ... have ... total ... control ...

Hippie Dickie,

Nycdeisel

Lwien got it, for me, the fixed temp of the PD is usually an upside

warm and ready at any time, easy for almost anyone to operate(no settings to experiment with)

however I will admit that there was a point in switching from my DBV to my PD that I craved those higher temp cannabinoids, but I dont think anyone should have just one vape, because as AGBeer said, theres a vape for every occasion, and they all do very different things.

Units like the PD and MZ, if left on regularly for a while, will start to retain more heat, over time even enough to raise it several degrees.

Now that Im spoiled with the awesome taste of the PD, I cant stand that whip tubing taste(bleghh) so now Im looking into a completely new vape so I can get those higher temps with optimal taste.

Like I said, I think all true vaporists should have a few weapons of choice in their arsenal. just my :2c:
:peace:

Nycdeisel,

Nosferatu

Hippie Dickie said:
while it is true that i often stick to the same temperature for a number of sessions (depending on the strain/quality of the bud), now that i can adjust the temperature (a degree at a time if i wish) i could never be satisfied with a fixed temp vape again. ...must ... have ... total ... control ...

Exactly how I feel, there are certain really good strains that hardly hit with the PD because they require higher temps. But I didnt take into account that log vapes increase temp over time. So if your log vape is getting it dark brown then I guess thats high enough.

Nosferatu,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
Exactly how I feel, there are certain really good strains that hardly hit with the PD because they require higher temps. But I didnt take into account that log vapes increase temp over time. So if your log vape is getting it dark brown then I guess thats high enough.

Yeah, my cherry PD gets my ABV a VERY dark brown, so yeah, I wouldn't want it any higher, but what really good strains hardly hit with the PD because they require higher temps? I've vaped a bunch of high end strains and never found that one strain required a higher temp than another.

lwien,

Nosferatu

Some top shelf I get that smokers are all in love with never produced much vapor with the PD, just 3 weak hits. It always turned out that the herb was high in CBD/CBNs and probably lower in THC. So in a way a higher temp would utilize weed like that better, but I guess it isnt the fault of the PD, just the weed. I feel like Sativas tend to be best with the PD.

What temp is the PD advertised to be at when you first get it? 375F? Maybe I should have said that is the temperature that is too low to me. If your PD ends up at 385F or more over time I guess that is plenty hot. So maybe me being unsatisfied with the PD was because I was using my friends newer one.

EDIT: Iv'e seen the bud your vaping Lwien, its that stuff that hits WELL out of a PD, that DANK herb. :brow: But lower quality usually sucks out of a log vape, you can taste all the imperfections and never getnearly as
good hits.

Nosferatu,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
Some top shelf I get that smokers are all in love with never produced much vapor with the PD, just 3 weak hits. It always turned out that the herb was high in CBD/CBNs and probably lower in THC. So in a way a higher temp would utilize weed like that better, but I guess it isnt the fault of the PD, just the weed. I feel like Sativas tend to be best with the PD.

What temp is the PD advertised to be at when you first get it? 375F? Maybe I should have said that is the temperature that is too low to me. If your PD ends up at 385F or more over time I guess that is plenty hot. So maybe me being unsatisfied with the PD was because I was using my friends newer one.

Also depends on which kind of wood it's made from. As an example, the Cherry's run warmer than either the Ash or the Myrtle.

I'd guess my PD is operating between 385 to 395, judging by the looks of the ABV.

But again, I've vaped some of the best Sativa's, Indica's and Hybrids from one of the premier dispensaries here in SoCal, and I've never vaped a strain that gave me weaker hits than any other strain. But then again, I've always purchased the very best that they had to offer. I would imagine that weaker strains would produce less vapor, but I've never purchased those. Never noticed a difference though, as regards to volume of vapor, between an Indica, Sativa or a Hybrid.

lwien,

Nosferatu

lwien said:
masbanji92 said:

Also depends on which kind of wood it's made from. As an example, the Cherry's run warmer than either the Ash or the Myrtle.

I'd guess my PD is operating between 385 to 395, judging by the looks of the ABV.

But again, I've vaped some of the best Sativa's, Indica's and Hybrids from one of the premier dispensaries here in SoCal, and I've never vaped a strain that gave me weaker hits than any other strain. But then again, I've always purchased the very best that they had to offer. I would imagine that weaker strains would produce less vapor, but I've never purchased those. Never noticed a difference though, as regards to volume of vapor, between an Indica, Sativa or a Hybrid.

I get dark brown ABV with my Ion(I always wanna call it Zion that seems right..) at 390 so I would guess its around there, which is perfect. But my friends newer PD only gets his weed a little brown and still has green. And iv'e used a new Mrytlezap and it was like that also, I think these really need a month or two to get to the optimal temp. And yeah mine was Black Walnut so I believe that should be even hotter than Cherry but I cant remember. Mine broke awhile ago so I guess I forgot how it hits.

Nosferatu,

Nycdeisel

The Walnit is actually a bit cooler then Cherry, but I heard that they are about on par with each other(the Cherry and Walnut)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom