• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Question about Dab Globe Pens

G4RB4G3

Hey all.. I just got me a Vape Ape - just like the Dab OTG, DabStix, and many others..

First off, I'm vaping some ear wax and I must say I LOVE IT!! It's awesome, hits fairly smooth, almost no flavor or smell.

That said, I do have a question about it - for those who are using similar devices..

I noticed my full melt will melt down after the 1st heating or so. No big deal, I can tell it's still in there. But I noticed after like hit 3 or 4, it isn't as cloudy as the 1st 2-3 hits. Then if I hold it upside down and heat it, it begins fogging up good again, for a bigger hit. So I figure the heated wax comes back up towards the coil.. But where does it go when it slides down initially? I have the basic ceramic atomizer+coil and it looks like it goes down maybe in the center of the atomizer.. but when I look down below where the 510 battery is, nothing is there. Nothing is coming out, no drips, no mess, no nothing. I've hit it maybe 50 times now so you'd think if it were going to leak like some others, it would have by now. But where does the wax go when it melts down in there? And is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is it normal for me to hold it upside down and heat it once or twice a sesh to get the wax back up in the atomizer cup? I feel like I get hits either way, it's just not as heavy when the wax is up top... Thoughts?? What are you experiences with these kind of contraptions?? :)

Vape%20Ape%20Glass%20Globe%20Complete%20Kit%20Black(2).jpg

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I think what your experiencing is that the dab melts down under the wick/coil and poss onto the cup surface (out of sight). Since heat 'rises', when you turn it upside down it melts back onto the coils heat surface and produces further vapor. I believe it's quite common in any pen with this type of coil set up.

I tend to preheat (warmed, not glowing red) and then apply my dab to soak in. If it doesnt, I lightly tap the button on & off until it does.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I do something similar when I pack it I just pack it cool and pulse the button a few times to melt everything into the coil better. At the end of every session I take a few hits upside down and hold it upside down to let the oil dry towards the coil.

At the bottom of all the ceramic dishes no matter the offbrand is almost a reservoir for melted oil to sit it's hard to tell but just by design with the element wires coming up through the center with a raised ceramic lip creates an area for the runnier oils to sit while the oil vapes. Tipping it upside down only gives you quicker access to it, but if you get it too hot you'll notice a major increase in resin buildup on yr glass across from the hit, so don't do it too soon or too hot.

I clean all my parts in ISO once a week to keep it running mint and to get the reclaim.

I have yet to break a coil naturally, I recycle them by soaking them in ISO for 24 hours and then letting them dry for another 24. After that they work awesome again, just don't have the taste of the brand new ones. Normally I stop using them when the ceramic breaks free from the metal part trying to put them on or take them off. Careful when your putting them on or taking them off don't screw it by the ceramic area

DabComa,

G4RB4G3

Thanks smokum!

Thanks DabComa, good stuff! I think you're right, if you just wait, it will warm up and get me vape from the bottom melt, but then it runs too long. That is why I sometimes puff it upside down, to keep it near the top. What did you mean by "dont do it too soon"?

I will begin cleaning shortly. I already q-tipped the inside of the glass globe and the outside of the ceramic once, with ISO, but I probably should do a full soak like you suggest. How do I get the reclaim out, just heat it and hold it upside down and keep heating it until stuff burns off or drips out??

G4RB4G3,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I smoke as long as I can from a fresh pack then when it seems weak I do one or two upside down then leave it that way for a like a minute and most of the remaining material as it cools will run into the coil setting you up for a few more good hits.

I soak everything in ISO in a mason jar then when I'm done I dump the ISO in a Pyrex and either hot water bathe it or just let it sit, you get useable product back so never throw it away.

DabComa,
Top Bottom