• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

question about cleaning a KISS cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman5280

I have had it soaked in 91% ISO for 24 hours and there is still oil covering the wick and the bottom of the cup. Can I scrub the inside of the cart with a Q-tip? The manual says not to let metal touch the coil, so I'm assuming a q-tip would be OK...

After I am done soaking, I remove it from the iso, rinse with warm water, let dry...

Will there still be iso trapped inside of the oil that didn't clean off? or will the iso evaporate out of any oils that don't clean off?

Thanks!

Jman5280,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I scrape it with a tooth pick with a little bit of cotton iso'd on end. Also make sure you're using something wooden to place oils on your KISS cart.

Right after soaking and the removal of oil in the corners I run the cart until vapor stops forming and my ceramic wick is not entirely black. You'll notice running the cart helps with the self cleaning aspect of the cart.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Jman5280

Jman5280

I scrape it with a tooth pick with a little bit of cotton iso'd on end. Also make sure you're using something wooden to place oils on your KISS cart.

Right after soaking and the removal of oil in the corners I run the cart until vapor stops forming and my ceramic wick is not entirely black. You'll notice running the cart helps with the self cleaning aspect of the cart.

I'm struggling to get the oil out at the very bottom of the cart, it's been soaking in ISO for 36 hours. I'm about to start shaking it in a bag of ISO...would something granular like salt help?

I usually just use my fingers to put pieces of shatter on. The toothpick is a good idea...

Why do they say you can't touch the coil with metal? I probably have touched it a few times with my metL scooper, still works fine.

Jman5280,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The ISO doesn't clean as much as burning off it, Its designed to self clean so burn that oil off. Most metal is big or hard and can easily move the ceramic wick and quickly ruin your kiss cart or you can be more likely to put too much pressure.

Shaking and salt won't help, you are going to have to use a toothpick twirled with a bit of cotton on the end, mine doesn't make a bump wider than the biggest width on the toothpick. Normally my cup will move slightly when trying to wipe the sides. ISO is not going to get rid of thick sticky oil that has itself clung and kept in the wick or on the sides you will need to burn off. I recommend finishing off your oil before loading more and before soaking.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: Jman5280

Jman5280

The ISO doesn't clean as much as burning off it, Its designed to self clean so burn that oil off. Most metal is big or hard and can easily move the ceramic wick and quickly ruin your kiss cart or you can be more likely to put too much pressure.

Shaking and salt won't help, you are going to have to use a toothpick twirled with a bit of cotton on the end, mine doesn't make a bump wider than the biggest width on the toothpick. Normally my cup will move slightly when trying to wipe the sides. ISO is not going to get rid of thick sticky oil that has itself clung and kept in the wick or on the sides you will need to burn off. I recommend finishing off your oil before loading more and before soaking.

when trying to vape the oil that has soaked to the bottom of the cart i feel like i would burn out the coil. or is this not the case? my wick and coil will look dry but all the oil is underneath...should I keep loading or keep burning at this point?

Last edited:
Jman5280,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't think you are meant to run it hot very often, preferably only when cleaning.

I don't scrub the wick and coil at all, only the cup. You probably put more than I do at a time, but I will load another after what I placed on the wick is gone and if there isn't anything to scoop up around the sides. But that is a benefit of using a something wooden for loading.

This was my cart this morning, I did a pretty long burn to get the black out.
kEV1F44.jpg

This is the cart after the burn out.
UyIV5VP.jpg

I then gave it an ISO rinse, not soak, I chose to not soak because of time.
I did use an iso'd toothpick with cotton to clean all the excess oil from the cup. The cotton was losing its twine on the toothpick by the end.
7gozda3.jpg

Gave it a rinse of warm water and dried it a little. Did another burn until vapor wasn't forming.
8xja803.jpg

Loaded the wick and took a poorly shot video,

This is what the cup looks like from the two hits.
uAX5vJF.jpg

paytonpenn,

Caligula

Maximus
Warm the iso. Put the cart in a ziploc bag. Put enough iso in bag to completely cover the cart. Seal the bag then put it in a cup of hot water. Let it sit for a minute the shake the bag to agitate the iso solution.

Repeat as needed.

Jman5280

I'm using just a tooth pick, no cotton, and its working fine to chip off the chunks...Thanks!

i usually use my hands for loading shatter, I roll it up into a little BB and place/press it into the KISS. Does anyone else use their hands with shatter? or do they make a tool?

Jman5280,

stroonz

Abiding Dude

Why wood? I have a vape scrape tool w/silicone tips which I have yet to use. Should I throw it in the unusable items drawer?

stroonz,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
When my oil is cold enough I will do that, but rarely have I been refrigerating it. They suggest a wooden tool like a skewer or something but if you're not using metal then you're good.

@stroonz It could be pretty big in comparison to the wick, causes more difficulty to accurately apply, could accidentally apply too much pressure. I have applied with metal before but wood seems to work very well for me, I can just spin the tool and slide it out from the oil. I don't think the silicone tip would be unusable, I think it really depends on your concentrate type and how you use the tool.

paytonpenn,

Jman5280

This is what it looks like after soaking for 24 hours and going at it with a tooth pick...I am waiting til tomorrow for it to dry before I burn off whatever is left...

hows this look? (the coil is shifted to more than one side, it was delivered this way...still hits but gets messy where it doesnt burn)

1175rwx.jpg

Jman5280,

stroonz

Abiding Dude
I was over loading my cartridge and now my air chamber is clogged. The cartridge is in its 2nd day of soaking in ISO. The outside of it is looking nice and clean,but there's still oil in the chamber. I let it sit in the bath for 8 hrs, the bath turns yellow and I change the ISO. I've gone thru 3 cycles of this. When I poke into the side holes with a pin, there's no longer any black gunk on the pin. Gonna keep soaking, however, until the bath stays clear. Also using compressed air to blow out the air chamber. Where in the cup does the air come thru?

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Center of the cup under the coil. Also IMO youre overdoing it with the cleaning. Maybe try hot iso and agitation... works a lot faster

Caligula,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom