• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

quartz nails

BeardedCrow

I seem to have neglected the dabbing world for a while, using ti for year or so without thinking of any upgrades etc.

So I got a vapor rig with short dome. It didn't come with a nail. So I started reading about quartz nails, seems the choice to go.

Went to a head shop to look for a quartz nail (18 mm) the store had many, but only a few would fit as the head sat too high and put of the dome.
I found 2 short enough and purchased them.
My question is, how would I know if it's real quartz? If it's glass, is that bad?
Few people said I should look online for a high quality quartz nail. I looked but couldn't find any of the 'stick' kind, the one that goes in the male joint and dome over that.

Here is the rig.

noeljdm

Suave
At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Have had a Boro Banger ($69) and haven't had an issue with it since I bought it about 5 months ago.

RenDabs

Honestly, I think those little stick nails kind of suck compared to every other style of nail out there. I'd recommend Hyman Quartz on DHGate if you are willing to buy from China, you can get a 3mm or 4mm thick banger with an 18mm female fitting on it to fit on your rig for around $12. I bought a carb cap from him too but it doesn't fit at all, I just use a small flat piece of glass and that works well enough.

RenDabs,

davesmith

Glass Blower
I just rock boro. Got a few nails in case one breaks, my last boro banger worked for months and months. Just gotta be a little careful when heating.

E2a I'd love a banger but can't justify the $100 at the moment

davesmith,

BeardedCrow

Quartz queen has bangers for 25 bucks. They are American made.

After my 1st one, i will not spend 100 bucks for a banger when 25 will do.

BeardedCrow,
Reactions: davesmith

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am LOVIN cheapo $15-20 quartz bangers, I'm curious how long/how much life you all get out of these before they get old, foggy and meh?

I do use tip tech, but it only lasts so long. Does the size of torch flame have any effect on longevity?

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom