Quartz Banger Thread

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Reading this thread is great! Good to see so many people using quartz bangers with a coil the way I do. I am wondering if my set up is up to par or if I there is anything I’m missing. I have two 25mm coils, one from hex nail and one from disorderly conduction.

The DC one seems nicer and more substantial, haven’t used it yet. It has one more wrap than the hexnail coil and is wrapped a bit tighter, I think it will work even better than my current hexnail coil. I have used a 30mm banger and coil set up, for me I like the 25mm size more. Also have more carb caps and inserts at this size.

That being said I don’t like inserts, I use a gavel clone because I’ve found the opaque quartz works better for enails. It seems I can run lower temps with the same clouds and better flavor with opaque VS. clear. I was looking at opaque inserts the other day and thought they looked cool, if I wanted to use a clear banger I could use one of those with it and have a set up I could keep super clean.

From reading my set up does anyone have any suggestions? I am not into beads or balls. I have nice carb caps, for example I own a Chad bro bubble and a Zach brown directional. I am just wondering if there’s any insert or any item that people are using that would greatly improve my experience. Are the bigger bangers that much better? I’m seeing the 35mm galaxy banger getting a lot of love. Also notice the E. Ross coil/banger getting love. I don’t have any issues with pooling or uneven dabbing but I am curious if the coil going around the bottom helps.

Any advice is appreciated. I would prefer to save money but if a banger, coil or other accessorie could make my dabbing experience even better I’m all ears. The 25mm coil/banger has been my favorite set up for concentrates by far.

You sound happy with what you got. Getting the E.ross style coil and banger wouldnt do much for your set up. I have the knock off version and it broke in 10 days. The quartz pin hole broke off. I dont see much benefit with the e.ross style any way. I do like the hybrid coils (Hybrid coils = Barrel + flat coil) that cover the bottom but i do not like how those type of coils are loose and flexible. Both my hybrid coils are from Augusthaus and the coils are like springs. i can pull them apart or reshape them easily without pliers. DC coils are tighter but the MiniNails are very stiff and almost hard to move with pliers. I am thinking of getting a 30mm DC coil to compare against the AH 30mm XXL Hybrid coil.

You can try reducers to change the air flow. Basically add restriction to your hits. Or even adding a drop down. Those are simple and cheap changes to add to your dabbing experience. Different carb caps will also change your dabbing experience too.

As for new shit, there is a all opaque bucket banger coming soon. The neck is clear quartz. Other than that, its mainly different types of inserts to put inside your bangers such as diamonds, pucks, spinners, power gears and so on. But they are all the same concept as the balls and beads but in different form or material.

The Gavel + GTR is just an expensive set up for most at $300 but good.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

Thank you @invertedisdead @psychonaut and @Shooby

I think I’m happy with what I have. I see fade space working on Sic inserts and even a sic banger of some sort. The full opaque banger sounds good too. Might grab a clear 25mm from China and put a full opaque quartz insert in there, but I’ll wait and see what the fade space sic inserts look like. I might also get some beads and a dual flow cap from @bororegon on IG. He does really fair pricing on his stuff. His bangers are nice, for $100 shipped it’s super fair for an American banger, idk if it will got a coil tho. Also @charlottequartz sells American made bangers for $75. The maker told me they are 24.4mm instead of 25 but that might work just fine with a coil.

Thanks again for the advice. I’m happy with what I have and the stuff I mentioned will only be slight upgrades or stuff I just want to try over time. I will continue to try new things tho cuz dabbing seems to get better and better. I thought the Dnail sic halo and liger were amazing and for some I’m sure they’re the best but when I found 25mm plus sizes coils my dabbing world changed. I’m all about a quartz banger with a bubble cap and IMO opaque quartz > Sic. I’m happy to see so many people enjoying quartz bangers with a coil. It’s the shit :)

MileHighHuman

I think I’m happy with what I have. I see fade space working on Sic inserts and even a sic banger of some sort. The full opaque banger sounds good too. Might grab a clear 25mm from China and put a full opaque quartz insert in there, but I’ll wait and see what the fade space sic inserts look like. I might also get some beads and a dual flow cap from @bororegon on IG. He does really fair pricing on his stuff. His bangers are nice, for $100 shipped it’s super fair for an American banger, idk if it will got a coil tho. Also @charlottequartz sells American made bangers for $75. The maker told me they are 24.4mm instead of 25 but that might work just fine with a coil.

Thanks again for the advice. I’m happy with what I have and the stuff I mentioned will only be slight upgrades or stuff I just want to try over time. I will continue to try new things tho cuz dabbing seems to get better and better. I thought the Dnail sic halo and liger were amazing and for some I’m sure they’re the best but when I found 25mm plus sizes coils my dabbing world changed. I’m all about a quartz banger with a bubble cap and IMO opaque quartz > Sic. I’m happy to see so many people enjoying quartz bangers with a coil. It’s the shit :)

Did you ever purchase the 25mm flat top from China to see if the Cryptic Culture 25mm opaque insert would fit?

MileHighHuman,

Justpassedu

Anyone know if the Gordo GTR is any wider than the Gordo Bubble Cap?

Got my 35mm Galaxy Banger yesterday and it has nice and has thin walls. Fits the 30mm sapphire insert with no issues. I didnt set my PID to 500F this time so i do not know if it will get stuck and to be truthful, not really wanting to find out again. It was set to 450F and had good amount of wiggle room as it was not tight inside the banger at 450F dish temp. My temps are basically dish temps or higher.

I can definitely recommend this 35mm Galaxy banger with the sapphire 30mm insert for those of you who are wanting to try it for $65. They also use FedEx Ground for $10 and ship from Florida as your cheapest option. The banger was packaged extremely well in a bubble wrapped in a box then wrapped with air pouches in a larger box with fragile all over it.

Coil wise, i am using a MiniNail Coil ($65 with 1ceprime 10% off) which has a mini XLR connectors but you can always grab the Galaxy Coil for $90 and enail. I believe its the "D-Nail Standard 5 pin XLR connectors) on these galaxy enails. If someone can confirm that, i would greatly appreciate it. The MiniNail 35mm Coil does fit the 35mm Galaxy bucket perfectly, not loose and not tight. Very much like how DC coils wrap around bangers. But the Coil will not rest on the banger's enail post and the coil barrel extends 1 coil wrap past the bucket as the MiniNail coil is thick and large.

Back to the 35mm Banger, the floor is not the flattest surface for your sapphire. Well, not actually flat at all as it wobbles and tilts when qtipping. I just hope the bucket doesnt detach from neck like the DH Gate 35mm bucket i got that only lasted 5 days. Only time will tell. I will still get my custom Halen bucket that will be longer and putting an emphasis on flat bucket floor.

And for those who have the 35mm Galaxy banger, its definitely worth getting a CCA flat coil insert, sapphire or obsidian to use with it either by torch or enail.
Ahh glad you are enjoying the Galaxy 35mm man , been using mine for some time now with no issues and a wrap around coil. I been using quartz dhgate inserts with nice taste also but I am sure it can get better with your suggestions. Told ya it was not to thick , I actually asked them a few questions , one being if it was American but they answered all except that 1 so I am guessing it is China glass. Either way it's a nice big nail. Happy you like it. Pair it with a nice cc and you are golden.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’m all about a quartz banger with a bubble cap and IMO opaque quartz > Sic.

I don't think I've had a dab off my SiC Halo as good as my Gavel. It's a lot easier to clean though. I think the Halo makes a lot of sense in the VROD versatility, but for a standalone dab setup, a 10mm mini rig with minimal water and a very simple perc + opaque banger and 25mm coil is the best dab I've had yet, other than maybe a dry rip off my Divine Tribe V3 donut.

MileHighHuman

I don't think I've had a dab off my SiC Halo as good as my Gavel. It's a lot easier to clean though. I think the Halo makes a lot of sense in the VROD versatility, but for a standalone dab setup, a 10mm mini rig with minimal water and a very simple perc + opaque banger and 25mm coil is the best dab I've had yet, other than maybe a dry rip off my Divine Tribe V3 donut.

So both of you prefer the bubble cap compared to the GTR and OG riptide?

What are the best options that I have for 25mm coils if im using it with my High5 controller?

I've seen High5 sales their DNAIL outlet converter, and DNAIL sales 25mm (out of stock but still)

I've read some good reviews about AH and DC coils, but im not sure how to properly connect them to my High5 PID.

MileHighHuman,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@MileHighHuman I don't have any experience with the Gordo caps, but the GTR is a bubble cap, just with a self stirring airflow instead of directional.

I like bubble caps for flat top bangers because the other style caps can easily fall off, whereas the bubble cap stays seated.

The best options for your controller is probably to have @JCat wire you a High 5 to Dnail adapter.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: JCat

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Mjou25nPK9Pfg6Qf_f4MqjNymBUlEBD8-P3AWz1ettu2SPZtcNNZrjG_WCfQGz5_a4lIJrZq_9uam5SQrg9l3d79-h_JnIVDp-JZekjAND53lbjVwBZi7NHBy9GK1u95C2mOgn-amUO2Dsecmv9u4hNHnur1PGkRM6fDkh4OB-NZaIZVSRvrp9qUEGyL2xxbHTzudO-z6MZUP_WC9AJczGAkIj29iDtjhCDpGteX0npuBHDBYCrvHJ4PyJrKVMDkbkRx_LvTYi-HdozBAIiMqJudfjiPMwDaMp6aomBcmvf2owwkg-tD-0c-H57e8sW5ECvbA_F4JsXCM5wLrVQLm15SmBarDAg33cZ7mN95QyXO9K6OhZCy8xLKG7cl2zi720uTnUAOKOx0x3gEzEGpR50rbv3YjEVP86YNHKjVk3Z48dtobX9wMZ7AUFIOR3CyVo2mDtkuMQllGBPwEiLjUHTWyuHagsa8k3KdHBvi17TGusN6mlrYgF8XIkkBC5ZuvgkK2dp5WPitQJAVLcVzD4TVlFHryyjNIdpFZBDwV3vRPueErjku5B8EKwAaliNIOSRRrHWiokbcpVEnerwOBN7Z1X8zaZY8VKKtntk=w312-h624-no

I got a pic from Halen of my 35mm banger. This should fit the entire mininail 35mm coil as the coil it self is 31mm tall. That is nearly double the height of the 20mm barrel coil newvape sells at 17mm tall.

It looks sorta narrow but im not sure if thats the height making it look that way. He hasnt responded to me asking him if its 35mm OD and 32mm ID. but just using his hand as a gage, this bucket doesnt look like its 35mm wide.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Mjou25nPK9Pfg6Qf_f4MqjNymBUlEBD8-P3AWz1ettu2SPZtcNNZrjG_WCfQGz5_a4lIJrZq_9uam5SQrg9l3d79-h_JnIVDp-JZekjAND53lbjVwBZi7NHBy9GK1u95C2mOgn-amUO2Dsecmv9u4hNHnur1PGkRM6fDkh4OB-NZaIZVSRvrp9qUEGyL2xxbHTzudO-z6MZUP_WC9AJczGAkIj29iDtjhCDpGteX0npuBHDBYCrvHJ4PyJrKVMDkbkRx_LvTYi-HdozBAIiMqJudfjiPMwDaMp6aomBcmvf2owwkg-tD-0c-H57e8sW5ECvbA_F4JsXCM5wLrVQLm15SmBarDAg33cZ7mN95QyXO9K6OhZCy8xLKG7cl2zi720uTnUAOKOx0x3gEzEGpR50rbv3YjEVP86YNHKjVk3Z48dtobX9wMZ7AUFIOR3CyVo2mDtkuMQllGBPwEiLjUHTWyuHagsa8k3KdHBvi17TGusN6mlrYgF8XIkkBC5ZuvgkK2dp5WPitQJAVLcVzD4TVlFHryyjNIdpFZBDwV3vRPueErjku5B8EKwAaliNIOSRRrHWiokbcpVEnerwOBN7Z1X8zaZY8VKKtntk=w312-h624-no

I got a pic from Halen of my 35mm banger. This should fit the entire mininail 35mm coil as the coil it self is 31mm tall. That is nearly double the height of the 20mm barrel coil newvape sells at 17mm tall.

It looks sorta narrow but im not sure if thats the height making it look that way. He hasnt responded to me asking him if its 35mm OD and 32mm ID. but just using his hand as a gage, this bucket doesnt look like its 35mm wide.

I really dig that setup minus the mini xlr aspect, I wish they had had the option for a normal xlr for their savage looking coils

JCat

Accessory Maker
@MileHighHuman I don't have any experience with the Gordo caps, but the GTR is a bubble cap, just with a self stirring airflow instead of directional.

I like bubble caps for flat top bangers because the other style caps can easily fall off, whereas the bubble cap stays seated.

The best options for your controller is probably to have @JCat wire you a High 5 to Dnail adapter.
High5 already makes the adapters, and has them in stock. Price @ $30 seems reasonable (that's what I would sell them for).

https://highfivevape.com/universal-coil-adapter-1.html

Thanks for the vote of confidence though @invertedisdead !

I really dig that setup minus the mini xlr aspect, I wish they had had the option for a normal xlr for their savage looking coils
This is one I would be able to make custom adapters for ... it would be a balance between cost/time. If you want them fast, then they will be expensive, if you aren't in a hurry, and/or their are multiple people that want these, than I could make a batch and make it reasonable. Also can order connectors from China to keep costs down if one is not in a hurry.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
High5 already makes the adapters, and has them in stock. Price @ $30 seems reasonable (that's what I would sell them for).

https://highfivevape.com/universal-coil-adapter-1.html

Thanks for the vote of confidence though @invertedisdead !

This is one I would be able to make custom adapters for ... it would be a balance between cost/time. If you want them fast, then they will be expensive, if you aren't in a hurry, and/or their are multiple people that want these, than I could make a batch and make it reasonable. Also can order connectors from China to keep costs down if one is not in a hurry.
I'll take a MiniNail mini xlr to dnail xlr standard. No rush at all as it's just to have. I buy things to have.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Super high quality banger, not too deep a bucket and sits well in my jammer

I was asking because i was considering the 30mm Crystalstar but ended up going with a Toro Grail 30mm instead. There isnt many 30mm american options out there. Toro, EQ, Crystal and hoyes are the ones that i can quickly think of. I like the look of the Crystalstar but was also afraid the bucket inside wasnt flat as i am using inserts inside the buckets.

My next bucket may be a Quave Flat top paired with a mininail 24mm hybrid coil.

MAbud

I was asking because i was considering the 30mm Crystalstar but ended up going with a Toro Grail 30mm instead. There isnt many 30mm american options out there. Toro, EQ, Crystal and hoyes are the ones that i can quickly think of. I like the look of the Crystalstar but was also afraid the bucket inside wasnt flat as i am using inserts inside the buckets.

My next bucket may be a Quave Flat top paired with a mininail 24mm hybrid coil.

Yup. Always a debate...I was between the CS and an Evan Shore.

I’ve consideged an Eternal insert but not decided yet

My next will likely be a HI gavel or Mothership with the swing arm insert

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Yup. Always a debate...I was between the CS and an Evan Shore.

My next will likely be a HI gavel or Mothership with the swing arm insert

Swing arm all day! Just classy looking. My buddy got a MS Torus two months ago and refused to use the swing arm cuz he wanted to sell it in his store for $600 to help recoup the $3400 he spent on the Torus. I am dying to try one of those but my goal is to get a Mothership if i get a nice Xmas bonus.

Shooby,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Here is the custom 35mm Halen Bucket! Well made! just doesnt have a flat bottom like the toro grail but the insert still sits nicely on it. I only did a quick torch dab and dont even have qtips with me but this combo was very smooth with a big ass dab. Dont know if its the new Leisure Lil Dub rig i just picked up but the dab was much smoother and tastier than the galaxy 35mm. A great change of pace to the incyclers.
JObiTIVlJVhpXWEkXrpYOXfadnKQvzN-WEno_TdRCJ2ofWCiriX2Ka7VUddmIXZLxnvr9k5ddG2bXxYIVc9RD1nJAY_Ed3VN1r_UPOb94tJ8RYQfem9NYY-G14-Mz9kWMBfUjGeruklRG6-qyb3Ln_xfZKDXPZanxPEeiYBtemKjfieR4UcjnvZiYqmJ6g1xHysNbM3AzJP2bwaj2SZVOTRVtsKx-kGXaAbQiUjmFSVn0_waVba7DBov09PAIL-zDEXK-AY7gMqg_XXxHl7_MRjhKubW-cJ3Pdr_bfPzQ_aEJQfBoFFojIfMjXBvXdA_CiNsFSifbpSMkvO_CXI3vEx8qT1tqPqR7uaMSPFo_kLo4SxPHHf1t0gXRE1N21JMx5GRCitCZqPW0EPXlMoYUdIuIQUbDoRmudzcieD-1gnDISPLeU20ld6dhk7-Goo2WbTHy3OwBsJtlIiD4-m-gG5ZQdhOQdxV2256VhfERfg9Jnijemgw4Xriq354muKdwUnCWt1-AYiFyLUZ7kLzy2lWaozOnv1BqF_nG4V4bxaSC4EM13j0u1ydB3MEEHH3MhY3CVL835WI7ScfAKC_QELbGOrKW39W3Rz_V2_jsp93nZ2XSTFkjkbAByQwpcq39y8FDREF8NtIwVdaETzB0cDiN5lsK1HG=w704-h938-no

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I also have a nice lil something in the works @Ehle, 20mm coil with obsidian insert in the pic (Didnt want to send out my sapphire..just for fitment purpose :))..it is a custom made Banger :D

Picture is a "in-progress" from today, i asked them to angle the top edge so my riptide bubble will fit better...guess that shouldnt be an issue...only thing different is that this banger is BORO NOT QUARTZ so ENAIL only as i confirmed with Ehle that 300°C is NO PROBLEM and i dont intend to go hotter :)

29bfx5i.jpg

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
This halen bucket is a bit bigger than i expected. Not sure how high I was when i was measuring but dam, its hard to qtip this monster bucket as i may be almost 2 inches deep. And i had to stretch out the coil to fit.
But i sorta like it cuz i can see inside the bucket clearly.
ih2zjdpl3G8tCO1n2m48OQnCjMYDrZm7GbfucDvwhhFhOlPiWlGMYwNDdDpBKEBtj86bt6oQp-boqUBzrZp_LRvZTA_iX-92XMdCmLsC3AXRgtIh1Y8cTKCG1zg9VsGXyVkH2DPDyiR6xUiaV18G9uAVv9En67clKvt-7vMFH4Tos3bw-70sFMHalGvYOtUI5vzbvJWvAQBniNc8aLgaPqKRHG-mkt3Kh3xLPsi2kJpPvLeFIToiayn3DM5OwETWc4DZ8C2_-C980f0gZheyxGNSmTOKRP-EaBmxI7ELN73NKkgI_Dc4ZCNumlRN3iDUruHiHR-o511psxrPfQeNlavJpngYtUXi-PxGtwzUg55MrXzE7nbCddPyoMbujFkwuZPOJfvhYWvEi-TmV9zSoN8QMze-YMWkzT_p6tZkA6v-dX9ArFJ7G1bqqzXxGtyU4876EPuIzpCk94z_xDd9QxKZbmwaKQsd-JOwSbNomGlPWa7AMn0UhWHIUpyjeV7pruj6H201C9ubfyyFhJedpz3E-9JF4ziK-Ho_GpkD1VLYAwoLn_Kq_FXSU_RJ3zMxvK7IiMcVe3a3Rd6l6Gkj1OUnOvU8saVYzuNAcHmooV7rlfrRfLqP0x3PKd4wTYetI8hHU0Pd7DZyMZOrtfqeRGpumczOF4jS=w739-h985-no

Below is the set up that i had last night to get 3 rubies to spin like crazy.
mTq_kWMQQi6PEZxSzK47_QW9Y7K7KG6GaFilguq3xe5OTxPKOfjqXKFhD2fdOZ8gitKq0afsdQ8HYTmzztH1kvYv_5j13QHn7p5glvJ7S_mxJqDxEPWpW4mE1a2zSdTH_FWS49qZGSDB63NerDm-kxeEfpxjtOXT7sos1BmBBRgTFed2VjfS7DWyJqG9yl9z5oyFkJprms7f3seSjco7aXeCacnENY1tHcl11ErU2AhMGhYjLIsQxQndu2L2IKFYgshzBHJP4Orh0DFqlbLykvW3i6ZfdMPPh7YnNMgPjTxExy2R-w9Jrjm3ZzeIdI2OkEIy1RYNWmMjxqRuGcg7cdc5zj3KLYkct1Fr8ML9YWD8IL2GpSYSxWTNqbo22T4PfPe5JKdmofHS-LmSyO700ZFr9YyrZJNc4N9UXaxjcaIFm1WB5IzR_6sXK0NNqOJA6Vd7yYxze4ujrXaR2Q2KrIbr3Ky66TvG0bx2_v_DyqCiMBVg3lomMRKnHX2tRxD8xce6Hxy9sj-kcxvN_kmPQfN73kiPUGM-1zvMOyA9QN8jV0bKHIwZI5RoHpPTlEk8AlvPHaMtvo-pnu_RFruOMMFVk8qNhDi0jcb3_D5lJeAt5kG8My2G2g4zB7nDBqVyaulyFTlpJqVHjdC5ATv-iq1az-lnld8d=w739-h985-no

This set up may have just become my main set up over my Toro Grail w/ full opaque and rubies. May change when i get the 24mm sapphire to fit the toro.

@gunmetalshark Let us know how that works out. Boro is different.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
That Halen Bucket is rly HUGE : D :D
Will try to get some ruby beads now, or maybe just sapphire as the CCA bucket ?
...anyone know any difference except the color (@Shooby i´m looking into ur direction :D)?

Yeah, i´m pretty excited aswell, will try to get my hands on some larger Coil but cant find any 35mm+ with 220v :(

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
That Halen Bucket is rly HUGE : D :D
Will try to get some ruby beads now, or maybe just sapphire as the CCA bucket ?
...anyone know any difference except the color (@Shooby i´m looking into ur direction :D)?

Yeah, i´m pretty excited aswell, will try to get my hands on some larger Coil but cant find any 35mm+ with 220v :(

Just color. Ruby and sapphire are both crystalline form of aluminum oxide with different impurities that change colors from Pink, blue, yellow, red, green and so on.

The only benefit ruby may provide you is that they will turn darker when hot, letting you know its ready for dabbing but in the case of using the spheres with a coil, it would matter but maybe it would if using a torch. I use a IR gun when torching.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
On a shopping spree right now lol..just jumped on the Galaxy ENail 4th July offer and
also ordered their 35mm coilset with the fitting banger and enail to have an 110v source...i alrdy bought a converter here at amazon to have a power source for my nugsmasher and there is another socket so why not.. ^^

I also do have cca sapphire/obsidian inserts in 20/30mm so pretty excited about that and the banger beads..if the boro experiment with ehle turns out nice i will them also have to build me another boro banger...will see about that in the future..now i need things to arrive wich tends to take longer across the pond :(

gunmetalshark,
Reactions: Danksta
Top Bottom