Quartz Banger Thread

Dubmonkey

Got a ERoss / EZ Bale set up from EZ Bake. Tried it out last night and it performed very well. Nice having the bottom and walls being heated. Felt as if I got more medicated than I did with my 30mm set up. The fit is nice on the ez bake and ERoss. Also tried the xl unity glass balls. Dropped one in and got her spinning with my gordo flat cap. Tried while medicating and it spun at first and then on next inhale the ball was just stuck in the ros and not spinning. I think a directional cal is needed or something. Need to experiment.

One bummer thing to note is that the EZ Bake site does not sell the coil and banger together as a set. The price is just for the quartz. Coil sold separately but they don’t note it any where. Just so happen I ordered a ez bake 20mm coil for the VROD in the same order so sales guy just assumed I meant 24mm Coil. But upon just looking at their site you can’t order the 24mm ERoss Coil. Trying to see if there is a mix up. Suggest not ordering from them until they sort out their site offerings.

UPDATE: a few mins after emailing EZBake and then posting the above text they got back to me. They are offering me a 40% discount on the 20mm coil to make up on the confusion. Good post purchase customer service in my book.

Last edited:

tylerj55

I've been eyeing the Mayoral 40mm for use with the 30mm Liger inserts.
How much room is there between the Halo and the walls of the 54mm Mayoral?
Are you torching or have a big ass coil?

There’s a lot of room, the 40mm would be better for sure. I do want to get the big ass coil from disorderly conduction though.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I'm gonna order a 35mm quartz banger from Galaxy enail today. They have a 20% off discount.

The neck broke off the DHGate banger I bought. China cheap.

Since I haven't heard back from Halen regarding the custom, I'm reaching out to others for custom bangers.

So far, the 35mm banger with the 30mm sapphire is so far the best tasting set up. Hands down.

I had my buddy who runs a dispensary at my place vaping some zen extracts badder and we were using the full opaque in the Augusthaus. He loved that set up and said that's the best tasting banger insert he has every used. I said if he thinks that's the best, I set up the 35mm with 40mm sapphire with the 35mm MiniNail coil and he was shocked. Asked me how much for all of this. He was about to give me $500 to get him a banger and insert bit I told him I'm still trying to figure out the banger part. So he gave me $225 to get him the AH xxl banger and coil plus full opaque since I can get that right now.

The full opaque is way better than obsidian in terms of terps and taste. For $70 an insert from cyptic culture, it's worth it.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Have you tried a Gavel yet?

No. Haven't had any urge too. Especially now that I have both size opaque. I figured, why be tied to one banger when they have full insert to use. This way, I can use the same 30mm banger for either sapphire or opaque.

I hardly use the 25mm opaque and use the 30mm daily so far. I save the 25mm for drop in dabs and torch and use the 30mm for coil.

Edit
@invertedisdead have you tried both obsidian and gavel? If so, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Shooby,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...wholly fuck... gonna admit i was skeptical but dark crystal is the shit!!

...i got a banger with the impossible wall stains ive been hitting it with everything like 99% iso and a HARD scrub with qtips and paper towel and alot of force... its sitting in a solutions of 50/50 dark crystal and iso and shit you not only after 6h i can SEE the difference... i bet by tomorrow after work it be brand new looking!!!

...dark crystal is legit as fuck, its a new staple in my vaping diet needs... thanks to everyone i never listened too sooner :rockon:

YabbaDABBAdo

i’ve had the Gordo/Taskrok GTR cap since it got released on the first run. It’s the best I have ever used handa down, it explodes your dabs! you have three different air flows, if you don’t cover any of the holes it gives a more airy hit and explodes your dabs when ripped, then you cover the side hole and it’s basically a normal bubble cap giving you a direct straight line airflow from the center hole, finally if you cover the top hole you get the Gordo riptide airflow. I always switch it up depending on what hit i’m looking for during the duration of the dab, are usually start out with no holes covered then go to the straight bubble cap action covering the side hole and in between the duration of the hit I will cover each hole like a carb cap on a bowl. I would recommend anyone with a gavel or a 25 mm banger with a beveled edge should get one, You will not be disappointed

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
i’ve had the Gordo/Taskrok GTR cap since it got released on the first run. It’s the best I have ever used handa down, it explodes your dabs! you have three different air flows, if you don’t cover any of the holes it gives a more airy hit and explodes your dabs when ripped, then you cover the side hole and it’s basically a normal bubble cap giving you a direct straight line airflow from the center hole, finally if you cover the top hole you get the Gordo riptide airflow. I always switch it up depending on what hit i’m looking for during the duration of the dab, are usually start out with no holes covered then go to the straight bubble cap action covering the side hole and in between the duration of the hit I will cover each hole like a carb cap on a bowl. I would recommend anyone with a gavel or a 25 mm banger with a beveled edge should get one, You will not be disappointed

Are they same diameter as the Riptide caps?
I love m Riptide for my 20mm Liger, but would love to have one large enough for the 30mm.

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I love m Riptide for my 20mm Liger, but would love to have one large enough for the 30mm.

How wide is that riptide? The GTR and bubble caps can fit up to 30mm bangers. The regular riptide is wider than the bubbles.

Shooby,

YabbaDABBAdo

I am sure they are the same diameter as the riptide it fits a 25 perfectly in particular the gavel but it would not fit a 30 mm liger

@Shooby just measured it it is 32 mm exactly, I have used it on my 30 mm banger NOT a 30mm liger

Last edited:
YabbaDABBAdo,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
How wide is that riptide? The GTR and bubble caps can fit up to 30mm bangers. The regular riptide is wider than the bubbles.

I have the older bubble Riptide (non-GTR).
By eye it's ~27mm; falls into the 30mm Liger (doesn't touch any side wall).
Great for the 20mm though.

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Anyone know if the Gordo GTR is any wider than the Gordo Bubble Cap?

Got my 35mm Galaxy Banger yesterday and it has nice and has thin walls. Fits the 30mm sapphire insert with no issues. I didnt set my PID to 500F this time so i do not know if it will get stuck and to be truthful, not really wanting to find out again. It was set to 450F and had good amount of wiggle room as it was not tight inside the banger at 450F dish temp. My temps are basically dish temps or higher.

I can definitely recommend this 35mm Galaxy banger with the sapphire 30mm insert for those of you who are wanting to try it for $65. They also use FedEx Ground for $10 and ship from Florida as your cheapest option. The banger was packaged extremely well in a bubble wrapped in a box then wrapped with air pouches in a larger box with fragile all over it.

Coil wise, i am using a MiniNail Coil ($65 with 1ceprime 10% off) which has a mini XLR connectors but you can always grab the Galaxy Coil for $90 and enail. I believe its the "D-Nail Standard 5 pin XLR connectors) on these galaxy enails. If someone can confirm that, i would greatly appreciate it. The MiniNail 35mm Coil does fit the 35mm Galaxy bucket perfectly, not loose and not tight. Very much like how DC coils wrap around bangers. But the Coil will not rest on the banger's enail post and the coil barrel extends 1 coil wrap past the bucket as the MiniNail coil is thick and large.

Back to the 35mm Banger, the floor is not the flattest surface for your sapphire. Well, not actually flat at all as it wobbles and tilts when qtipping. I just hope the bucket doesnt detach from neck like the DH Gate 35mm bucket i got that only lasted 5 days. Only time will tell. I will still get my custom Halen bucket that will be longer and putting an emphasis on flat bucket floor.

And for those who have the 35mm Galaxy banger, its definitely worth getting a CCA flat coil insert, sapphire or obsidian to use with it either by torch or enail.

Mr. Whitewall

Now Gordo has them in stock himself and everywhere else.

Well that is exactly what I was pointing out... They sold out at Gordo's after only one day, but had plenty over at HE for a while...
So that guy that had been waiting months for one could get his..? :shrug: Since "everywhere else" option seemed to have failed? (Other places offer them for 140$ as well :ninja:).

I also mentioned it because had trouble myself completing payment at Gordo's when they were available during Saturday; many US shops do not configure properly their payment systems for international payments and they fail to recognise EU cards (yes, Mastercard/VISA) so that other member could have options just in case. I don't see anything wrong with it?

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I also had problems twice ordering in Gordo´s Shop altough i was online at every drop happening ^^
After all i bought it at HE store even if i had to pay a tad more for shipping...at least they did a low quote on the parcel so
customs didnt rob me too :) (i am from AT)

gunmetalshark,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Well that is exactly what I was pointing out... They sold out at Gordo's after only one day, but had plenty over at HE for a while...
So that guy that had been waiting months for one could get his..? :shrug: Since "everywhere else" option seemed to have failed? (Other places offer them for 140$ as well :ninja:).

I also mentioned it because had trouble myself completing payment at Gordo's when they were available during Saturday; many US shops do not configure properly their payment systems for international payments and they fail to recognise EU cards (yes, Mastercard/VISA) so that other member could have options just in case. I don't see anything wrong with it?
LOL at the time of my post it was available everywhere that sold it. priced varied from $120 to $150 tho but you already found that out. Sorry, i cannot predict the future.

Shooby,

Danksta

Anyone know if the Gordo GTR is any wider than the Gordo Bubble Cap?

Got my 35mm Galaxy Banger yesterday and it has nice and has thin walls. Fits the 30mm sapphire insert with no issues. I didnt set my PID to 500F this time so i do not know if it will get stuck and to be truthful, not really wanting to find out again. It was set to 450F and had good amount of wiggle room as it was not tight inside the banger at 450F dish temp. My temps are basically dish temps or higher.

I can definitely recommend this 35mm Galaxy banger with the sapphire 30mm insert for those of you who are wanting to try it for $65. They also use FedEx Ground for $10 and ship from Florida as your cheapest option. The banger was packaged extremely well in a bubble wrapped in a box then wrapped with air pouches in a larger box with fragile all over it.

Coil wise, i am using a MiniNail Coil ($65 with 1ceprime 10% off) which has a mini XLR connectors but you can always grab the Galaxy Coil for $90 and enail. I believe its the "D-Nail Standard 5 pin XLR connectors) on these galaxy enails. If someone can confirm that, i would greatly appreciate it. The MiniNail 35mm Coil does fit the 35mm Galaxy bucket perfectly, not loose and not tight. Very much like how DC coils wrap around bangers. But the Coil will not rest on the banger's enail post and the coil barrel extends 1 coil wrap past the bucket as the MiniNail coil is thick and large.

Back to the 35mm Banger, the floor is not the flattest surface for your sapphire. Well, not actually flat at all as it wobbles and tilts when qtipping. I just hope the bucket doesnt detach from neck like the DH Gate 35mm bucket i got that only lasted 5 days. Only time will tell. I will still get my custom Halen bucket that will be longer and putting an emphasis on flat bucket floor.

And for those who have the 35mm Galaxy banger, its definitely worth getting a CCA flat coil insert, sapphire or obsidian to use with it either by torch or enail.

Do you know if the 35mm is American? It's the only one they list that excludes the word American.

Glad it's working out for you.

Danksta,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Do you know if the 35mm is American? It's the only one they list that excludes the word American.

Glad it's working out for you.

You know what, i do not know. I was gonna asked but i figured regardless, i will get one for now until i can get the American one made from Joel Halen which will take some time i guess.

The Augusthaus E.ross style bangers are China made and the quality on those are no where near as nice as Galaxy's 35mm Banger. That i can state. I will ask them as it would be nice to know.

Oogendoogan

Reading this thread is great! Good to see so many people using quartz bangers with a coil the way I do. I am wondering if my set up is up to par or if I there is anything I’m missing. I have two 25mm coils, one from hex nail and one from disorderly conduction.

The DC one seems nicer and more substantial, haven’t used it yet. It has one more wrap than the hexnail coil and is wrapped a bit tighter, I think it will work even better than my current hexnail coil. I have used a 30mm banger and coil set up, for me I like the 25mm size more. Also have more carb caps and inserts at this size.

That being said I don’t like inserts, I use a gavel clone because I’ve found the opaque quartz works better for enails. It seems I can run lower temps with the same clouds and better flavor with opaque VS. clear. I was looking at opaque inserts the other day and thought they looked cool, if I wanted to use a clear banger I could use one of those with it and have a set up I could keep super clean.

From reading my set up does anyone have any suggestions? I am not into beads or balls. I have nice carb caps, for example I own a Chad bro bubble and a Zach brown directional. I am just wondering if there’s any insert or any item that people are using that would greatly improve my experience. Are the bigger bangers that much better? I’m seeing the 35mm galaxy banger getting a lot of love. Also notice the E. Ross coil/banger getting love. I don’t have any issues with pooling or uneven dabbing but I am curious if the coil going around the bottom helps.

Any advice is appreciated. I would prefer to save money but if a banger, coil or other accessorie could make my dabbing experience even better I’m all ears. The 25mm coil/banger has been my favorite set up for concentrates by far.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
From reading my set up does anyone have any suggestions? I am not into beads or balls. I have nice carb caps, for example I own a Chad bro bubble and a Zach brown directional. I am just wondering if there’s any insert or any item that people are using that would greatly improve my experience. Are the bigger bangers that much better? I’m seeing the 35mm galaxy banger getting a lot of love. Also notice the E. Ross coil/banger getting love. I don’t have any issues with pooling or uneven dabbing but I am curious if the coil going around the bottom helps.

IMO the Gavel + 25mm DC coil is a kick ass setup that delivers killer dabs. I think I had the tastiest dab yet the other night hitting mine through my buddies mini tube. I really like the Eric Ross design with the cotter pin to hold the coil on, that's the only con I could think of with my DC coil is it slips off occasionally which causes me to use the velcro leash. I don't think it could get much better, except for maybe a SiC (Fadespace) or sapphire (Nautilus) bucket in the banger.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Which way would be better for me being a lower temp dabber, opaque gavel or clear gavel with opaque insert? I'm looking for the cleanest way to dab on quartz so I dont need to buy a whole lot of inserts and always be cleaning. Plan to use it occasionally not as DD. Doing 2 dabs per session. I'll be starting on torch and eventually investing in a coil if I enjoy it enough.

Top Bottom