Quartz Banger Thread

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Maybe if you tightened the entire coil, that 1mm makes a lot of difference, esp for quartz, prolly be better off just asking August to whip up a 25mm coil for like $70

Thanks for the heads up on that. Looks like i may inquire about that later on and just pick the 30mm coil and XXL banger from AH with the Classic Kubeone. and also order a Liger coil too. Really hoping for a sale!

Shooby,

Justpassedu

Thanks for the heads up on that. Looks like i may inquire about that later on and just pick the 30mm coil and XXL banger from AH with the Classic Kubeone. and also order a Liger coil too. Really hoping for a sale!
I had asked about a sale and was told 5% off on 4/20 . Hoping for more though .

Justpassedu,
Let me re-phrase my question..
I just got a 26mm AH coil and banger and would like to know which inserts I can use, if possible. Forgive me for asking stupid questions, because I am new to the glass banger world. I was just using a regular ass Ti nail for years before I learned there was a whole science to this shit :mental:
Inserts are great on a torched banger as it's the only way to employ up-temp tech. They aren't really needed if your banger is wrapped in a coil. Many controllers have glob modes which temporarily bumps the temp up or you can just do it manually. I currently start with a surface temp of around 370F and jump it up to 450F. This works best for solo dabbing as you have to wait for the temp to drop back down. I did experiment with some 20mm inserts in the 26mm XL Augusthaus to see how much time could be saved between dabs. I spent about as much time futzing with hot inserts as I did waiting for temps to come back down.

Another advantage of the enail banger is that it makes a cheap Chinese banger work just about as well as its American counterpart. The primary advantage in American quartz is that it holds heat and is consistent and reliable in that in 20 or so seconds after torching you know what its temp will be. The enail and it's coil correct these deficiencies in Chinese quartz.

If you don't like the style of August's banger, there are several options available on dhgate. I picked up a 26mm core reactor banger for around $10 that fits perfectly in his XL coil.

releasethekraken,
Reactions: ensabbahnur

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
...25mm quartz banger + coil has been my concentrate setup for the last 2-3 weeks! its so simple its great! ligers been on the bench for a bit, so has the halo... quarts bangers is where its at imo...

HiW0cev.jpg

Andorinter

I have a Quave CB banger. I was told it was the best. It's combo'd with a dual purpose carb cap. It's really cool I'll try to get a pic up later

Andorinter,

MileHighHuman

So people are preferring quartz over sapphire?

That Diamond Knot Recycling banger looks interesting but not enail capable correct?

MileHighHuman,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

That Diamond Knot Recycling banger looks interesting but not enail capable correct?
Jred diamond eknot at AugustHaus.com.

I'm sure more people are using quartz over sapphire. A very small % is using sapphire mainly due to the price and application.

I'm sure anyone who takes a dab off of sapphire will prefer it over quartz. But financially unable the too buy one due to high cost.

Imagine how much a jred sapphire eknot would cost.

MileHighHuman

Jred diamond eknot at AugustHaus.com.

I'm sure more people are using quartz over sapphire. A very small % is using sapphire mainly due to the price and application.

I'm sure anyone who takes a dab off of sapphire will prefer it over quartz. But financially unable the too buy one due to high cost.

Imagine how much a jred sapphire eknot would cost.

It looks to me that the eknot and recycling banger are different styles?

I was curious to if the recycling banger was enail compatible?

I've owned the DNAIL sapphire dish, and so was just curious why members @just_the_flu and @invertedisdead prefer quartz products rather than DNAIL / CCA (maybe they didn't try sapphire?)

Would the diamond knot recycling banger vaporize more efficiently that any gavel opaque floored quartz?

No concerns with the Nautilus sapphire insert not cracking due to lots of instant high heat shocks?

MileHighHuman,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

I've owned the DNAIL sapphire dish, and so was just curious why members @just_the_flu and @invertedisdead prefer quartz products rather than DNAIL / CCA (maybe they didn't try sapphire?)

Would the diamond knot recycling banger vaporize more efficiently that any gavel opaque floored quartz?

No concerns with the Nautilus sapphire insert not cracking due to lots of instant high heat shocks?

Can you post a pic of it. I search "diamond knot recycling banger" and dont see anything and never heard of this one. I only heard of Jred Diamond knots and their new thermal knots.

But if its a banger, I would find out the OD, outside diameter and try to find a matching enail coil and call it a day.

Not if you follow instructions according to Nautilus and i will be using them with an enail coil so i am not too worried about high heat shock.

Shooby,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I've never owned any sapphire.
I tried the gavel based on the advice of @YabbaDABBAdo and @mutten840 who have owned plenty of sapphire dishes though.

MileHighHuman

Can you post a pic of it. I search "diamond knot recycling banger" and dont see anything and never heard of this one. I only heard of Jred Diamond knots and their new thermal knots.

But if its a banger, I would find out the OD, outside diameter and try to find a matching enail coil and call it a day.

Not if you follow instructions according to Nautilus and i will be using them with an enail coil so i am not too worried about high heat shock.

I think the one im talking about is technically called the "DiamondLoop"

Here it is. Supposedly $230, but it looks like an interesting design.

MileHighHuman,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

He says it's easy to clean but I don't see how without doing iso dunks for everything. Seems like it would take an hour to get 4 or 5 people a dab to me.

invertedisdead,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
IMG_3761-e1524684282417-600x600.jpg

And you wanted to know if this was enail compatible??? I wouldnt think so but if you wanted to know, just send them a message and ask if they can put a coil around it.

Shooby,
Reactions: Hogni

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

I think it's just that quartz is easier to shape and quite a bit cheaper.
Diamond loop is torch only.

I was surprised to see that the Nautilus inserts were being marketed for torch bangers.
I personally would like to see a video of not only a torch and dab, but a torch until failure.

Big glob (1.2g) in a Diamond Loop video: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bixgk1pHD06/?taken-by=rosin_hashelhoff

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I think it's just that quartz is easier to shape and quite a bit cheaper.
Diamond loop is torch only.

I was surprised to see that the Nautilus inserts were being marketed for torch bangers.
I personally would like to see a video of not only a torch and dab, but a torch until failure.

Big glob (1.2g) in a Diamond Loop video: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bixgk1pHD06/?taken-by=rosin_hashelhoff

Adaptech told me the sapphire are successful as in drop in inserts too. They don't seem to concern with thermal shock or at least that's how they are selling it. But time will tell. I'm still getting one.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time

...I have the CCA sapphire insert for 20mm liger and honestly do not find any difference between that and a standard quartz banger especially when factoring in the investment...

Top Bottom