Quartz Banger Thread

SMODomite

Thanks! :)
Eternal is out of stock I'm afraid, any other suggestions maybe?

Yeah I ordered from Eternal a while back and unfortunately didn't get my order but then they posted that a website called the dab lab had them and I purchased an insert from them and had no issues, may want to check their IG and see if any other shops with websites have them in stock, dabbing with an insert really is a game changer though, I feel like I have been using less oil since I got it

SMODomite,

Danksta

Hey guys!

I was lucky enough to receive a HE V2 Gavel this Christmas with a purchase, and am still in awe :o...
At first, I thought: 'oh cool, I mentioned I only vaped so they exchanged the Sovereignty clear bowl for a nice banger instead. Prolly worth $45, same as bowl'... Then I realised it was the Gavel! :love: :drool: :bowdown:

I'm a TOTAL noob with bangers and torches in general mind you, always found them too scary to manipulate while stoned :freak:, but now I guess there's no going back! :goat:

So I have few questions for you fellow "banger maniacs" :p:
I already have some Crystal Clear, but am not certain whether I should get a quartz insert for the HE as well?
I read they're especially suited for preserving the banger completely clean, among other advantages.
Problem is, they seem to be out of stock everywhere!

Also read on IG a new technique for low temp torching: first step was to place the dab in a cold banger, then torch, lastly hit while the oil started vaping and cap. Q-tip.
Can't remember if there were any other steps? Seemed sensible enough considering the temps mentioned in those articles from the HE blog @ensabbahnur quoted a few posts back???

What's your take on this folks?

BTW thanks @ensabbahnur for the links to the blog, very informative!:clap:

This post made me really happy to read. :D

I do recommend you getting an insert for the long term life of your banger.

Killer gift they gave you.

Check out Eternal Quartz inserts for up-tep dabbing.

Also, anyone pick one of the Toro TerpSlerper knockoffs?
This one looks like the pick of the (knockoff) litter: https://www.dhgate.com/product/xl-x...recinfo=8,101,4#frpd-4-5|null:101:r0628747000
+ banger hanger: https://www.dhgate.com/product/14mm...recinfo=8,103,1#cppd-1-5|null:103:r0490534760

:peace:

That does look like a good pick of the knockoff liter. Very very tempted to try that. Thanks for the link, I'll report back if I order it.

Danksta,

Mr. Whitewall

Yeah I ordered from Eternal a while back and unfortunately didn't get my order but then they posted that a website called the dab lab had them and I purchased an insert from them and had no issues, may want to check their IG and see if any other shops with websites have them in stock, dabbing with an insert really is a game changer though, I feel like I have been using less oil since I got it

Thanks for chiming in! @SMODomite :tup: Yea I purchased my Leisure from them, really good service!

Unfortunately they seem to have run out as well... They only have 24mm ones which, according to their incredibly practical "Insert measurement guide", is sadly too big for mine; I'd need an 18mm one...

I guess I'll shoot them an email just in case. Any other suggestions?

@Danksta Thanks! :lol: Amazing right? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on IG!
It gets better!
Whole story is, I first emailed a few months ago that HS because was looking for a piece as a self b-day gift, but missed the chance because of online debit card limits... So he wrote BACK at Christmas saying he had kept the next model received on the side for me!!!
Gotta love Canadians, really :wave:. Now THAT is solid customer service right there.
Decided to get a titty cap for it and a custom dropdown to go along... Couldn't resist!

Mr. Whitewall,

Mr. Whitewall

Sorry for double post. I seem to be over the 6h limit, and it is for a good cause:

Eternal inserts (and normal ones too!) are back in stock at DL! :nod:
Shot them an email, and got reply within 6h letting me know they just had been resupplied! :tup:

There seems to be 2 types, slitted and normal:
the slitted one seemed easier to pick up, but a little more fragile in comparison, I found. It has a cut after all, so it does seem to affect overall resistance, and if it's going to be lifted many times, that area may suffer more stress/more prone to break so I went with the normal one instead.
Also tolerates big globs better, which I'm not a fan of tbh, but friends can be hard to please sometimes...
:rolleyes:

Mr. Whitewall,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone,

Loving the quartz banger I got vs the Ti on my enail (w/ 20mm barrel coil). It's a big improvement in taste I find!

Anyways, the main question I have, is I have my enail set @ 615F (after tightening the coil so it's "reasonably" tight ... this is the temp I settled on for flavor and to not have too much left to swab out after a dab). Anyways, at this temp, I'm finding I'm getting some burning around the edge where the coil is, when the bottom is presumably at the perfect temp (no burning there at all, wipes completely clean). Might even be happening when I'm swabbing up w/ the q-tip, but at any rate, it's a pain, because then I need to torch the banger to get rid of the burnt on residue, which will decrease it's overall life if I'm not mistaken ...

anyways ... thanks for any advice!

JCat,

Mr. Whitewall

Its been solved a few posts back if I'm not mistaken, the idea was to clean it with Dark Crystal and soaking it in to avoid vitrification.
Using an insert also helps. Saw yesterday on IG some fully opaque ones as well!

Mr. Whitewall,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Its been solved a few posts back if I'm not mistaken, the idea was to clean it with Dark Crystal and soaking it in to avoid vitrification.
Using an insert also helps. Saw yesterday on IG some fully opaque ones as well!
So after every use (ie. after 1-3 dabs), I need to soak in DC clear before next use? And you need to heat the stuff apparently for it to work? @ $19/650mL for DC clear, I can probably buy a new banger every couple months for less!

I guess the insert is the other option ... then you need a banger built specifically for the insert though correct? (or an insert that fits well I suppose)

Edit: and since I'm way up North, I'd also have to have the DC clear shipped here, so my cost would actually be ~$34 / 650mL (I can get a new banger for that cost ... :lol:)

Mr. Whitewall

As far as one page back...:brow: Behold! :o

What is the secret to torch and not fog these nice bangers up?

I keep my banger, insert and bubble cap in a 50/50 solution of ISO/Dark Crystal when not in use. That will keep them pretty much brand new if you do that from the start. I didn't do that in the beginning and my banger formed some carbon on the bottom. I was amazed at what a 3 day soak did to it. It got rid of a lot of the carbon. If I had kept it in my solution from day 1 there would be little to no buildup.

I keep a container with 50/50 ISO/Dark Crystal Cleaner on hand for my soaks. The Dark Crystal stuff is worth getting IMO. It makes a big difference.

Just rinse the insert with water and dry it off. Good to go. :D

@ $19/650mL for DC clear, I can probably buy a new banger every couple months for less!

Did I say to ditch it after every use? I do not recall... I'm sure if you use a separate container you won't waste any... As you probably already do when cleaning vape accessories?
But don't take it from me, it's one page back<-! Seems its what all the cool kids do with their cool bangers? :shrug:

And you need to heat the stuff apparently for it to work?
I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. :hmm:
But I'll venture that, well yes, you may need to heat the dab I'm afraid...:razz: The Dark Crystal might not be too terpy, entirely your call! :D

To try and answer your question properly (if I understood well) there's a tech called "Up-Temp Drop Tech" explained on page 1, don't know if it helps...

...I'm sorry, just came late to the party as well but, to sum what has been previously said/what I know from browsing online shops/reading reviews, etc:
https://hightimes.com/products/best-quartz-bangers-2017/

-There's standard widths, 20mm and 30mm are the most common.
Flat or angled rim: this has to do with the carb cap you want; bubble caps, and other rounded models won't fit too well on flat tops but I assume directional caps won't mind any type of banger, especially said flat ones? https://www.thedablab.com/the-dab-lab-blog/carb-cap-buyers-guide/
Something like this:
https://www.thedablab.com/quartz-tech-flat-top-quartz-banger-w-opaque-bottom-pick-joint-size/

-Inserts come also in standard sizes, nobody gets them custom, they're usually made of quartz and are manufactured in batches. I saw they didn't have the right size, sent them an email and got a reply on the same day saying they'd just been restocked.
And this:
https://www.thedablab.com/eternal-q...val-tool-for-flat-top-bangers-pick-your-size/
Taken from their site, on the insert page:
"Which size do I need?

If you already have a Flat Top Banger style nail, you will need to calculate the inner diameter of your nail head. Outer Diameter - (2 x Thickness) = Inner Diameter

Example: For a 25mm head with a 2mm thickness: 25 - (2 x 2) = 25 - 4 = 21, so in this case you would need a 20mm Insert.

To be safe always get an insert that is at least 1mm smaller than the Inner Diameter of your nails head
."

https://www.thedablab.com/compatibility-master-list/

You don't have to get it from this shop either, it obviously was more convenient to quote from one store, but there's plenty online and I suppose many shops in beautiful Canada stock Quartz bangers and order inserts regularly.

And fyi I'm across the pond mate :cool:, wish I had those lower shipping and tax charges!
(AND terpier DC :lol:).

So to sum it up once more:
-All you need is basically a banger and an insert that is at least 1mm smaller than the Inner Diameter of your nails head.
Measure your banger and it'll be a standard size, then choose insert. :tup:

-Soak in cleaning solution after every session

Hope it helps in any way.

:cheers:

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
Does anyone happen to know for sure if a 20mm CCA insert will drop into an AH 26mm banger and work well?

friedpiper,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Have anyone tried those Thermal quartz bangers filled with sand ? I suspect those hold heat pretty well,maybe they can be used with a stove to achieve e-nail effects :). Also will work good with IR thermometer :p.
CHARACTERISTIC:excellent heat preservation effect. Can keep high temperature much longer time. For heating coil and torch lighter use.
18mm-joint-100%2525-quartz.jpg

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Have anyone tried those Thermal quartz bangers filled with sand ? I suspect those hold heat pretty well,maybe they can be used with a stove to achieve e-nail effects :). Also will work good with IR thermometer :p.
CHARACTERISTIC:excellent heat preservation effect. Can keep high temperature much longer time. For heating coil and torch lighter use.
18mm-joint-100%2525-quartz.jpg

It's a knock off of the Whitney Harmon Thermochromic bucket which uses color changing glass frit to indicate temperature. Lol @ used with a stove :lol:

friedpiper

Let me re-phrase my question..
I just got a 26mm AH coil and banger and would like to know which inserts I can use, if possible. Forgive me for asking stupid questions, because I am new to the glass banger world. I was just using a regular ass Ti nail for years before I learned there was a whole science to this shit :mental:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
The 26mm AH coil/banger setup is down to $90 right now, not listed as a sale so maybe this is the new price.

As far as inserts go, Im guessing since the banger is 2mm? on the walls, maybe 22mm?

friedpiper

The 26mm AH coil/banger setup is down to $90 right now, not listed as a sale so maybe this is the new price.

As far as inserts go, Im guessing since the banger is 2mm? on the walls, maybe 22mm?

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to bring a digital caliper home from work so I can get an exact measurement on it. So do you think the Auber 300 will run it? There were no specs on the coil but if I had to guess I'd say 150W

friedpiper,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to bring a digital caliper home from work so I can get an exact measurement on it. So do you think the Auber 300 will run it? There were no specs on the coil but if I had to guess I'd say 150W

I don't think it'd be an issue, I know Auber and AH are both wired to the dnail standard and I know for sure the Auber can handle the power draw from their website, I will say however that the AH coils are supposed to work with Hexs and although some people seem to have no issues, I have 2 AH coils that do not work properly with my Hex, then run much much to hot but its most likely just my unit.

friedpiper

The AH bucket is an oddball size. Mine measured out to just under 22mm 21.80 to be exact. I tried a 20mm slotted insert and it worked ok, but fits looser than I would like.

Thinking a viable option to make better use of this coil would be to try to grab a 25mm bucket ant try to wind it a little tighter to fit one of those

friedpiper,

nickmo

Question, what temps do you run the 25mm bangers at? I got an opaque bottom from fatdabco and a few quartz inserts to try out. Different temp with/without an insert I assume? I've been in Liger world for so long!

nickmo,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
This may not be universal, but I have a number of 25mm China bangers with inserts. With a 2mm banger I'll heat for ~30s and drop pretty much right away. With a 4mm bottom, around 45s and drop. I don't take youtube sized dabs and I rarely dab straight in the banger.

bizwaxzion,

Justpassedu

posted this in another thread but maybe someone can help here : Maybe someone can help. I want a spare dab setup and happen to have a Hex Nail Hn-01. I been looking at the 30mm and 25mm quartz banger and coil combos August supplies. Wondering if the Hex will work with his coils and also how much nicer these coils work being they actually hug the bottom of the banger. If there id another affordable route I am open ears. I am not to familiar with bangers much besides my first I ever owned way back that was a 16mm small banger I ran on my Enail. Ty

Justpassedu,

friedpiper

posted this in another thread but maybe someone can help here : Maybe someone can help. I want a spare dab setup and happen to have a Hex Nail Hn-01. I been looking at the 30mm and 25mm quartz banger and coil combos August supplies. Wondering if the Hex will work with his coils and also how much nicer these coils work being they actually hug the bottom of the banger. If there id another affordable route I am open ears. I am not to familiar with bangers much besides my first I ever owned way back that was a 16mm small banger I ran on my Enail. Ty

It's affordable, and I have the 26mm coil and banger. It works with my Auber, so it will work with the Hex. Drawback is that it's nearly impossible to find an insert that fits well. I have to run a 20mm insert, and it fits too loose. I have been unable to find a 21mm. 22 is available, but I think it would be too big. The top doesn't seal against a good bubble cap either. Really wish he would have made it a standard 25mm instead tbh. The wraparound bottom design I do like. It heats up fast. Hope this helps..

Justpassedu

It's affordable, and I have the 26mm coil and banger. It works with my Auber, so it will work with the Hex. Drawback is that it's nearly impossible to find an insert that fits well. I have to run a 20mm insert, and it fits too loose. I have been unable to find a 21mm. 22 is available, but I think it would be too big. The top doesn't seal against a good bubble cap either. Really wish he would have made it a standard 25mm instead tbh. The wraparound bottom design I do like. It heats up fast. Hope this helps..
Ty buddy, maybe I should go 30mm instead .

Justpassedu,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I have a question. Can you use the Augusthaus 26MM XL coil with the HE Gavel Banger thats says 25mm?

Im trying to debate whether i want the XL or XXL coil and banger from AH as i ultimately want an enail coil for the AH that works with the gavel banger.

Shooby,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I have a question. Can you use the Augusthaus 26MM XL coil with the HE Gavel Banger thats says 25mm?

Im trying to debate whether i want the XL or XXL coil and banger from AH as i ultimately want an enail coil for the AH that works with the gavel banger.

Maybe if you tightened the entire coil, that 1mm makes a lot of difference, esp for quartz, prolly be better off just asking August to whip up a 25mm coil for like $70

ensabbahnur,
Top Bottom