Quartz Banger Thread

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
no other reason then being able to cook dabs about 10x as large, no exaggeration.
I would have to argue (not with you, just in general) that this is exactly why I consider my 30mm Opaque Quartz banger to be an upgrade over my Halo sic. Now a liger may be more comparable with that open floor but I would not know. The halo however seems limited in its ability to produce vapor once you get to a certain size dab without prolonging your hit in comparison to the 30mm banger. I like taking 2x or 3x the size of dab I usually do on the halo and inhaling it in less than half the time of a single.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I would have to argue (not with you, just in general) that this is exactly why I consider my 30mm Opaque Quartz banger to be an upgrade over my Halo sic. Now a liger may be more comparable with that open floor but I would not know. The halo however seems limited in its ability to produce vapor once you get to a certain size dab without prolonging your hit in comparison to the 30mm banger. I like taking 2x or 3x the size of dab I usually do on the halo and inhaling it in less than half the time of a single.

What your describing Im almost 100% certain is just temp differences people run their nails and Id also point out I was specifically comparing the v2 20mm Liger (which in no universe can even come close to the vapor production of the Halo or 25mm banger) I can kill a .5 on a SIC Halo in 1 lung if its hot enough, I can also, with the same Halo, make .1 take 15-20 FULL lungs with full glass milk vapor....and the only change is temps.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
What your describing Im almost 100% certain is just temp differences people run their nails and Id also point out I was specifically comparing the v2 20mm Liger (which in no universe can even come close to the vapor production of the Halo or 25mm banger) I can kill a .5 on a SIC Halo in 1 lung if its hot enough, I can also, with the same Halo, make .1 take 15-20 FULL lungs with full glass milk vapor....and the only change is temps.
I check my temps with a K-Type Thermocouple so its not a difference in temp. I fully understand what your saying about changing the temp to make a hit last longer on the Halo. I actually had to go back up on temps on the Halo so I could take my dab in one full on hit rather than broken down hits. I was down around 515F and I had to go back to around 560F. That's my measured temp at the nail surface. That 45 degrees made a big enough difference that I stuck with it.

What I believe I am experiencing instead is a much larger surface area as well as less restriction and more agitation/movement of the dabbed material which allows me to use more material at the same temp in the same amount of time or faster. If I take my usual halo sic dab off the 30mm banger I end up with a dry banger. Q tip comes off clean pretty much whereas on my halo I would still have a little clean up.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
For the Ladies out there!
A custom banger and cap from PB!

3VF3Tqk0uWcmem0DvWjdnemUshph6hfQmUKMqgU61s2eKPo-jkz87PMS7OEDum6BWyNngGt6lQ=w219-h437-no

710Coils

Manufacturer
@pxl_jockey Really appreciate your kind words and know I will always strive to make things as smooth and enjoyable as possible. I am my best and worst customer as I have high expectations and am quick to call myself out on anything. So rest assured the customer side of me will always squawk when shit is not perfect :tup:
I also prefer to be transparent as its easier and I don't have to remember all the excuses I have used to appease people a little longer :rockon:

the 30mm axial coils fit the bangers really well and I would recommend anyone interested in trying the big boy 30mm out and possibly pair it with one of my Axial or barrel coils I have in stock:cool:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I can also, with the same Halo, make .1 take 15-20 FULL lungs with full glass milk vapor....and the only change is temps.

Man that's interesting, if I set my Halo low enough to take that many draws the vapor definitely isn't milky.

I like my SiC halo a lot but I have to rotate to the opaque quartz when I start tasting the titanium.

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

I check my temps with a K-Type Thermocouple so its not a difference in temp. I fully understand what your saying about changing the temp to make a hit last longer on the Halo. I actually had to go back up on temps on the Halo so I could take my dab in one full on hit rather than broken down hits. I was down around 515F and I had to go back to around 560F. That's my measured temp at the nail surface. That 45 degrees made a big enough difference that I stuck with it.

What I believe I am experiencing instead is a much larger surface area as well as less restriction and more agitation/movement of the dabbed material which allows me to use more material at the same temp in the same amount of time or faster. If I take my usual halo sic dab off the 30mm banger I end up with a dry banger. Q tip comes off clean pretty much whereas on my halo I would still have a little clean up.
Man that's interesting, if I set my Halo low enough to take that many draws the vapor definitely isn't milky.

I like my SiC halo a lot but I have to rotate to the opaque quartz when I start tasting the titanium.

So due to the thermal conductivity the SiC Halo vaporizes, concentrates vape much faster, which results in thicker/denser (and also more potent vapor?)

Not to mention less inhalation time.

The only postiive to quartz / sapphire setups is the better flavor from the vapor?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So due to the thermal conductivity the SiC Halo vaporizes, concentrates vape much faster, which results in thicker/denser (and also more potent vapor?)

The only postiive to quartz / sapphire setups is the better flavor from the vapor?

Maybe on paper but in practice not really. The vapor density actually seems pretty similar, if not maybe a bit better on the quartz.

I usually use the SiC Halo when I'm feeling lazy since it's easier to clean than the quartz.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Between sic, opaque and sapphire, they all produce thick vapes. Sapphire holds heat the longest of the three with sic right behind it and according to CCA, obsidian holds heat the longest.

But of the three, sapphire has the cleanest, purest taste. I personally do not like the flavor of sic.

Polished sapphires are easy to clean as well. Semi polished, i usually soak in DC.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Can't be done. Sapphire expands and can't be molded like glass or quartz. Same reason (except expansion) there isn't a SiC banger out there, just inserts.

Hmmm...then I wonder how they mold it into the shape of inserts then?
Is it that it's not molded, and they "cut" it into that shape from a solid block?

Ramahs,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
What exactly is it that you don't like about it? I know you're a high roller dude, but i've never heard anyone say that before.

SiC has a unique taste to each dab. The only way to remove that taste is to not dab on it. But it creates a lot of vape which is a plus. But now that there is opaque that is much cheaper than SiC and has a cleaner taste.

Even now, if im not dabbing on sapphire or ruby, its on regular quartz or opaque. I havent reached for the SiC since the opaque inserts came out. Thats me personally, but im not saying SiC is bad but i prefer the taste of opaque over SiC. I am sure i will pull out a SiC dish at times just to change it up.

I believe they try to grow the sapphire as close as possible to the desired end shape and then machine it to final tolerances. It's very hard so not easy/cheap to machine.

Yup, hes right. Its grown in sticks or rods about a inch wide and 6-10 inches long. Then cut, machine and polished. Even if you could make it a banger out of sapphire, that bitch would be expensive!!!!!!

buddingglasshead

SiC has a unique taste to each dab. The only way to remove that taste is to not dab on it. But it creates a lot of vape which is a plus. But now that there is opaque that is much cheaper than SiC and has a cleaner taste.

Even now, if im not dabbing on sapphire or ruby, its on regular quartz or opaque. I havent reached for the SiC since the opaque inserts came out. Thats me personally, but im not saying SiC is bad but i prefer the taste of opaque over SiC. I am sure i will pull out a SiC dish at times just to change it up.

Yup, hes right. Its grown in sticks or rods about a inch wide and 6-10 inches long. Then cut, machine and polished. Even if you could make it a banger out of sapphire, that bitch would be expensive!!!!!!

Is your experience with SiC strictly in the Liger or did you use it in the "Quartz Liger" set up as well? Don't have access to great concentrates, so flavor unfortunately can't be on my top list or easy for me to test and compare set ups as easy.

I think the main appeal of SiC now is the stupid easy clean up even compared to quartz. Not everyone cares about though. It bothers the fuck out of me so I enjoy it.

Really enjoy my SiC inserts from FadeSpace. It's designed to fit in 24-25mm bangers so it's a bit smaller than I'd like, but they're willing to have some bangers made specifically for it for me. I know some people have had a bad experience with FadeSpace but they've always been responsive on IG where is most of my contact has been with them.

Regarding Obsidian... I'm not totally convinced it isn't just a higher grade of SiC and Josh just marketing it as "Obsidian" to differentiate it. Seems like a good reason to discontinue SiC as well.

biohacker

Regarding Obsidian... I'm not totally convinced it isn't just a higher grade of SiC and Josh just marketing it as "Obsidian" to differentiate it. Seems like a good reason to discontinue SiC as well.

Are there different grades of SiC? Curious because there has been some talk in the D-nail thread about SiC not all being equal recently.

buddingglasshead

Are there different grades of SiC? Curious because there has been some talk in the D-nail thread about SiC not all being equal recently.

From what I know, yes. FadeSpace mentioned possibly coming out with a new insert out of a higher grade of SiC than they were currently using that just has overall better thermal properties. It would have a higher thermal shock rating allowing it to be perfectly fine to quench

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Is your experience with SiC strictly in the Liger or did you use it in the "Quartz Liger" set up as well? Don't have access to great concentrates, so flavor unfortunately can't be on my top list or easy for me to test and compare set ups as easy.

I think the main appeal of SiC now is the stupid easy clean up even compared to quartz. Not everyone cares about though. It bothers the fuck out of me so I enjoy it.

Really enjoy my SiC inserts from FadeSpace. It's designed to fit in 24-25mm bangers so it's a bit smaller than I'd like, but they're willing to have some bangers made specifically for it for me. I know some people have had a bad experience with FadeSpace but they've always been responsive on IG where is most of my contact has been with them.

I currently have the 30mm cca SiC, 30mm Obsidian, 20mm Obsidian, 25mm Tag Sic Halo and 28mm Dnail Halo. I only dont own the Faded space but i do not see a need to get it. To me, these are all the dam same.

I used the them in both quartz and Liger.

Top Bottom