Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

HoneyAir

Adapter: It is worth it having a cheap multimeter so that you can check if it is still providing voltage or not. If it isn't, usually its the tip that is broken and not the adapter itself... I bought a solderable tip and was able to quickly fix any problems with the tip if a wire broke off. There is also a link in this thread to a tip that doesn't need solder-- you just screw the wires on. No soldering needed.

Replacement Screens: Pammy told me that the "holders" [retaining rings] were more like "training wheels" and that the screens are able to stay in place without them. My experience in not using them was that I was able to go a LOT longer without having to clean them, so I stopped using the rings (screens need to be large enough to firmly stay in place inside the tube).

If you DO want the retaining rings, Pammy told me that they can be found at any auto parts store, ask for 1/4" (1/4 inch) size retaining rings. Example: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_22144923-P_x_x

The screens I got from Pammy looked like they were punched using a holepuncher such as you'd use for paper. If you don't want to get a holepuncher, just get large screens and carefully use a scissors to cut them to make your own.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Finally got to try it out today. It's amazing how much vapour you can get from such little weed. It got my really ripped. Definitely a fan of log vapes now.

Just received my first PD as well from another forum member (thanks lwien). In short this thing is really awesome. Amazing how little bud it uses! You could probably make like a dime bag of high-grade last all week.

The PD along with the SSV after work everyday should make the perfect combo. The custom glass stem for the PD is just soooooo nice! :ko::cool:

JJ420,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
I was reading reviews on the newer plug in vapes. Good stuff, but I will run with the PD until I can no longer....or really get the itch for a new gadget, but that will be years. So, does anyone know if stems from other vapes will work with the PD? I think the Toasty Top looks close, but can someone confirm.

420Birth,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Original AromaZap Stems fit
If you can find a Woodeez stem it will work as well.
Ed from Ed's TNT used to make wooden stems that fit the Zap.. that also PERFECTLY fit the PD... but he stopped making them.. but he may get information about the brass tip(fitting)
Dave from Underdog Vapes is making Zap stems now, but would need to be instructed to use the older size tip (that Ed was using for his woopen Zap stems).

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I was reading reviews on the newer plug in vapes. Good stuff, but I will run with the PD until I can no longer....or really get the itch for a new gadget, but that will be years. So, does anyone know if stems from other vapes will work with the PD? I think the Toasty Top looks close, but can someone confirm.

sstips.jpg

I can machine down one of my dimple tip roasting tubes from 10/32 to 9/32 so that it will fit into a PD, MZ, or WZ.

Alan,
Reactions: Vitolo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So... anyone know how to open on of these things? Seriously it's like a solid block of wood top to bottom. I don't even understand how they got the core in there.

EDIT: Think I got it. Man they really didn't make these with service in mind.

Last edited:
CentiZen,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Peal off the bottom leather.
You can replace it later with a couple drips of Elmer's Glue around the edges

Vitolo,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thank you Vito, but you must have ridiculously strong arms and hands because the leather is on there pretty damn hard. Feels like a combination of JBWeld and unicorn tears was used to adhere it to the bottom. I managed to get it off, but it required the use of xacto knives and a rotary saw. Didn't damage it at all though!

Tweek

Thank you Vito, but you must have ridiculously strong arms and hands because the leather is on there pretty damn hard. Feels like a combination of JBWeld and unicorn tears was used to adhere it to the bottom. I managed to get it off, but it required the use of xacto knives and a rotary saw. Didn't damage it at all though!

He is a former boxer. From what I have heard, the man can rip a phone book in half, and has hands the size of an easter ham.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've had several days to get acquainted with the Purple Days (A unit was donated to me by a good friend for testing my new log vape power supplies/batteries) and I am really enamored with it. It is so efficient! My Cloud has been left out over the past few days.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm gonna have to dust one of mine off and get reacquainted. Shouldn't be hard since it was my daily driver for years...

stickstones,
Reactions: HoneyAir

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I'm gonna have to dust one of mine off and get reacquainted. Shouldn't be hard since it was my daily driver for years...
I was just thinking the same, but I last used it for some aromatherapy oils and some must have got into the heating chamber and now it tastes like fragrance, all perfumey.

I feel a bit deflated to be honest...not sure how to get rid of the taste/smell from the chamber. Will just leave it on for a bit and see if it burns itself off...may work?

Used to love hitting the PD...the warmth of the cherry wood in my hands was comforting :lol::D;pd;

HoneyAir

Getting the PD for the first time, it was amazing to be saving hundreds a year by being able to last twice as long on the same amount. Never ever regretted that decision.

I chose to continue the PD method when I went for the HI, using the same types of hi-temp poly tubes. If there has been a dropoff in efficiency I haven't noticed it. It still lasts a very long time...

The biggest difference I notice between those two is that the PD feels big and HEAVY now... The HI is just right... it is no wonder they speak of it as a lightsaber, the size of it is just perfect as if it were a lightsaber handle.

cellardoor

Is there a general consensus around here for best PD stem replacement? My friend has had one of these for a while but she lost the stems. She's more of a smoker so she didn't realize how awesome the vape she had was. I figure if anybody knows where to get them it's FC. I saw some earlier suggestions but they all appear to be out of business now.

cellardoor,

Gorgar

Hey guys,

I apologize if this is the wrong section. I bought a Purple Days diffuser just before they went under. at the time they were still providing replacement tubes and I should have bought some then but now I am unable to as their site and company no longer exists.

Anyone know where I can purchase tubes for a vape of this nature?

Thanks in advance!

mod note: Merged into more suitable thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgar,

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Answer may be in the Purple Days thread, idk.
I have a PD and I remember the "Old style" brass stems from another log-vape maker fit.
Hmm, my links are dead. Sorry.
Maybe try this instead?

EDIT: Aromazap and Pd went under? Ok, I'll also need to find a fit for some new PD stems myself!!

Last edited:
Outlaw Farmer,
Top Bottom