Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Mine too.

That's good to hear. I took a break from forums in general for a few years with Grad school and was pretty bummed to hear what happened while I was away. I also have a LSV right now, but my usage is so light I stick to the PD. I also see that we both joined the forum within a week or so of each other, yet you have 70 times more posts. Impressive!!! :clap: Definitely a different vibe than those early days, but it's great to see so many more people in the vape community. Have you eaver tried to hit your Steele Concept piece with the PD? I'm seriously considering the SC at it's current price.

slowandsteady,

Dr. Plutonious

Yeah, the one I bought on Ebay seems to have a loose core too (I assume that's what the rattling is), but it still vapes strong.

Very nice and enjoyable vape. Perfect for casual toking.

Dr. Plutonious,

Dr. Plutonious

Man, everytime I use this vape I am blown away by how big it rips while using so little. All of my friends love it too.

Such a great vape overall. Happy I could find one, they are so rare now!

Dr. Plutonious,

PDwasmy1st

I loved it too , until about 30 mins ago when the doctor told me and i quote " even if you eat weed its carcinogenic , and will give you cancer, its a well known fact , there is a hell of a lot of rubbish spoken about just heating it makes it not carcinogenic on the net , but this simply is not true"

mod note: No cross-posting. You opened two threads as well. Further discussion of this belongs in your thread in the Medical forum. Your other thread was deleted.

PDwasmy1st,

PDwasmy1st

I am being bullied for saying what a doctor said, im off . put this in wrong place, no bullying here sorry.

PDwasmy1st,
Reactions: Vitolo

HoneyAir

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/marijuana-and-cancer_n_1898208.html

In cancer, cells divide and grow uncontrollably. Cannabis has been shown to shut off that mechanism.

Ask your doctor to back up what he/she said with facts.

One such fact is that there is a significant difference in the chemicals produced between combustion and vaporization... which is why for those of us at this forum it is a no-brainer.

Dr. Plutonious

I've recently discovered how good this vape can be in the car. With summer coming soon, the PD's going to be an effective road-trip vape.

Dr. Plutonious,

C-weed

its a damn shame that you cant get one of these beauties anymore...the long time ive been a lurker, ive heard nothing but great things about them.

C-weed,
Reactions: ShipDit

Rebus Canebus

I've got an original PD, and a Pandora kit. Both units are charred, like many others. Has anyone tried to bore and sleeve the wood?
Looking through the McMaster Carr catalog, I came across some semi hard high temp silicone tubing good for over 400f with 1" id x 1-1/4" od that looks like it would be perfect. They also had a couple of different woven ceramic sleeves with a smaller wall thickness, as well as flexible ceramic sheet that may work as well for a reasonable price. Ideal would be a piece of rigid ceramic tube, but that stuff is cost prohibitive @ over $100 a foot. I have grown accustomed to the PD's, and I'm determined to rebuild them, while updating them at the same time to prevent the charring. When I built the Pandora I didn't glue the bottom on so it would be easy to disassemble again, on the original PD I plan to use a hole saw to remove the bottom. I understand that I can just buy an Underdog and save myself the grief, however I'd like to try to put a fix on the PD's charring problem. Would be nice to keep these things alive.

Rebus Canebus,

HoneyAir

Yeah, because a high number of the wooden bodies were charred too much to be realistically repaired, so he didn't want to cost anyone any more money (shipping cost) for nothing.

HoneyAir,

Rebus Canebus

Looking at it realistically, it's probably not worth the effort. I just bought an E-NANO that works even better. With little effort you can adapt the tube so you can use the PD stems, but that's not really necessary. After building the Pandora kit, one can see that it is simple and cheap to repair the electric parts. The trick is removing the plywood disk glued in to the bottom, and repairing the charring while trying to prevent it from occurring again. Since the UD and others have improved upon the original heat core design to eliminate charring altogether, it makes more sense to just move on.

Rebus Canebus,

HoneyAir

Agreed.

I've been on the waiting list for the HI. The HI (Heat Island) keeps the heat in the middle without spreading to the sides to char the wood. It also has my favorite and "must have" feature; a removable resistor so it can be replaced extremely easily if it wears out.

In the meantime my repair of my PD is going strong. I did start combusting a bit as it turns out the charring is making the metal part sink lower into the wood, bringing the resistor too close to the port. I've been keeping the stem not fully inserted in order to avoid combustion, although later I may have to put something in there to raise the metal core higher again.

HoneyAir,

Dr. Plutonious

Looking at it realistically, it's probably not worth the effort. I just bought an E-NANO that works even better. With little effort you can adapt the tube so you can use the PD stems, but that's not really necessary. After building the Pandora kit, one can see that it is simple and cheap to repair the electric parts. The trick is removing the plywood disk glued in to the bottom, and repairing the charring while trying to prevent it from occurring again. Since the UD and others have improved upon the original heat core design to eliminate charring altogether, it makes more sense to just move on.

Does the E-Nano have technology to eliminate charring?

Dr. Plutonious,

PDwasmy1st

My unit isnt heating up enough any more , i think it may be my adaptor again but this is the 4th 1? (last 3 are the same 12v netgear for internet box) is this a common problem? i live in uk , any1 no why this is happening or what to do?

PDwasmy1st,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I kept my PD just because I know they would be hard to find but don't use it anymore now that I got the Hi.. But the PD will be a Historic piece.. Maybe someday displayed at the Smithsonian.. :rockon:

Kuroth1,
Top Bottom