Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Purple-Days said:
That's it. Small load = efficiently heated.

With the whip vape (SuperVapezilla), I found myself stirring or shaking the load around between draws. Chasing a bit of ever diminishing vapor. Yeah, the first one or two whip draws were awesome :o , but there's lots more tasteless-half-strength vapor left in that big glass cigar.:2c:
I think this is what has sold me on the PD. The one thing I like about the vaporgenie is the small 2 hit bowl. The downside is getting the correct heat twice in a row for 2 pure hits. The PD provides the right temp :tup:

vaporcloud,
Reactions: pomogirl

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I don't like to appear over eager ... especially as I haven't actually paid for it yet ... but I'm getting me a Purple-Days :tup: I have had Tom running around (actually peddling around :brow:) getting shipping costs to send to NZ (minus the wall unit). Even faced with computer probs Tom has priced the send so once I get the page to pay for it a PD will be winging its way to New Zealand. The wife groaned when I told her I was purchasing another vape. But I know she will love the PD.

vaporcloud,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vapor_cloud said:
Purple-Days said:
That's it. Small load = efficiently heated.

With the whip vape (SuperVapezilla), I found myself stirring or shaking the load around between draws. Chasing a bit of ever diminishing vapor. Yeah, the first one or two whip draws were awesome :o , but there's lots more tasteless-half-strength vapor left in that big glass cigar.:2c:
I think this is what has sold me on the PD. The one thing I like about the vaporgenie is the small 2 hit bowl. The downside is getting the correct heat twice in a row for 2 pure hits. The PD provides the right temp :tup:
Yes, that's very true - the first bunch of hits are deep with the whip based vapes but then they become shallow and uneven with the stirring. Not sure if these are "extra' hits due to the super efficiency of those types of vapes but i will say that the PD hits are very consistent.

One other thing that I really like about the PD is that it's not a fire hazard. I could probably put a few pieces of toilet paper on top of it and i doubt it would burn, even single ply. If you think about it, when you think about the condition these things put you in, this is an important consideration.

jeffp,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Tom and Pam your incredible. They have peddled around and got me a shipping cost and set up my own personal payment page. Just made the payment with the mightly Plastic . Soon to be a proud PD owner.

very stoked

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:tup:

Look forward to another Purple-Days review. Even though I'm already sold.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yeah I cant fucken wait!!! It came down to the DB and the PD for me. I want a vape that is going to last me for years ... and years and the PD won out coz of its steath and portability. Was posted today so I'm Gonna be sweating on International postage and NZ customs but all should be ok.

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yo Tom, it's cool to hav the producer of a cool looking vape here in forum, i'd like to take the advantage of posing a question mate, my Mum only has her unfavoured righthand due to a stroke could she use the Purple Days by herself( she smokes 30 "convenient" cigarettes a day) and is showing an interest

Cannabudz,

Purple-Days

Oh man, Cannabudz, a stroke is hard to deal with. Best wishes to your Mum. (and you too)

I'm in my normal morning mode except I'm trying to deal with a P-D left handed only. (I'm right handed)

The first hurdle would be grinding the material. I'm not even gonna try.

Next is tube loading. The Purple-Days tube is 3-3/4" long (about 100mm) x 1/2" (about13mm). Holding a tube with my pinky and ring fingers against my palm I can load the vapor tip with my thumb and index fingers. I have tried it several times now. It's not easy. So I leaned over my stash bowl and sucked some ground up material into the tip and packed it lightly with my fingertip, this worked well.

Mating the vapor tube to the unit and vaping is an easy one hander. It's what I normaly do. Tube cleaning could be a one hander.

Our Cherry units are about 300 grams, so weight might be an issue for someone with a weak grip. In special cases a bit narrower body would reduce the weight by a bit and be more comfortable.

Hope that helps you.

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm happy to say that a PD is on its way. :D

Big thanks to Tom and Pam for being so helpful and answering a slew of questions.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Sweet one Vtac. Damn, you'll prolly get yours before me :/ 6 days since mine was sent. I'm not very patient but I'm hoping it will be here by Friday.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I chose the house wood (cherry) and he already had one in stock so it was just a matter of removing the US wall wart, getting a First Class International shipping cost and sending the puppy.

My VG took exactly 10 days using USPS First Class Int so I'm hoping the PD will be similair.

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

Hi again Sticks,

vapor_cloud got in while I was writing...

I keep ahead on Cherry. It's the most popular (and my favorite). I try to keep units made up and packaged. Ready for boxing with all the other ingredients.

Our exotics are all turned, (got a wild hair, and lots of fun) and most are bored and tapped (giving away all the secrets).

Vapor tubes are all created one at a time. It's not that different than making vapes. Get the right material and transform it into something nice. I start with #5 PP 1/2" rod and stainless steel from a hypodermic needle maker. :uhoh:

I was mistaken earlier in calling the mouthpiece #5 PE (polyethylene), it is #5 PP (polypropylene), both are FDA approved, but the PP is much nicer (that frosted glass look) . Vapor Tubes are a bit labor intensive. So are units.

It's cool to make stuff. :cool: Started when I was young.

Off track, sorry... How long ? All the material is in stock (unless we are out of a wood type, we update regularly, we won't sell something we don't have).

Glue up times (Bottom hatch and leather, FDA approved glue), temp testing and overnight 'run in' can lead to a 48-72 lead time with exotics and custom units (we do the same steps with cherry). Most international deals take another day or so... to set up (getting shipping costs and setting up a custom checkout link, probably several e-mails).

Here in the wilderness :) , http://purple-days.com/Come_Visit.html , the PO is closed on Saturday (and UPS doesn't come through town). So, M-F only for shipping.

Hope that answers your questions. Thanks for your interest.

Later,
Tom

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Tom where, or rather, what do you use for the aromatherapy metal caps that you provide along with the oil? i really like the subtle diffused scent of the lavender oil, in fact i ordered a few bottles of different scents (like orange) along with my vitamins from an online store - but i know i'll eventually lose the little metal cap that you put droplets of the oil in... so what i'm asking is, where can you get them?

Also, any tips on using the PD as an aromatherapy diffuser? how many drops, how do you get the get the drops out of the bottle, do you drip, drop or dab?

Thanks,
Jeff

PS - yeah i know vista is a bit of a pain in the ass - took me a little while to get my bearings as well.

Purple-Days said:
Hi again Sticks,

I keep ahead on Cherry. It's the most popular (and my favorite). I try to keep units made up and packaged. Ready for boxing with all the other ingredients.

Our exotics are all turned, (got a wild hair, and lots of fun) and most are bored and tapped (giving away all the secrets).

Vapor tubes are all created one at a time. It's not that different than making vapes. Get the right material and transform it into something nice. I start with #5 PP 1/2" rod and stainless steel from a hypodermic needle maker. :uhoh:

I was mistaken earlier in calling the mouthpiece #5 PE (polyethylene), it is #5 PP (polypropylene), both are FDA approved, but the PP is much nicer (that frosted glass look) . Vapor Tubes are a bit labor intensive. So are units.

It's cool to make stuff. :cool: Started when I was young.

Off track, sorry... How long ? All the material is in stock (unless we are out of a wood type, we update regularly, we won't sell something we don't have).

Glue up times (Bottom hatch and leather, FDA approved glue), temp testing and overnight 'run in' can lead to a 48-72 lead time with exotics and custom units (we do the same steps with cherry). Most international deals take another day or so... to set up (getting shipping costs and setting up a custom checkout link, probably several e-mails).

Here in the wilderness :) , http://purple-days.com/Come_Visit.html , the PO is closed on Saturday (and UPS doesn't come through town). So, M-F only for shipping.

Hope that answers your questions. Thanks for your interest.

Later,
Tom

jeffp,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
jeffp said:
Tom- yeah i know vista is a bit of a pain in the ass - took me a little while to get my bearings as well.
I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop pre-loaded with Vista 2 weeks ago and I really like Vista. I could do with another 2 gig of RAM but that aside I like the new interface.

vaporcloud,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I agree, ultimately I really like Vista but there's compatibility issues with older obscure programs that i use, my machine is 64 bit, not 32. But I have a router and an older laptop running XP, just so I can do certain things and run certain programs. That's what i was referring to when i said it took me a little while to get my bearings....

But more importantly, I have this one question that's been gnawing at me as a concerned consumer for several weeks.
Normally you want to keep your material fresh, so you store it in an airtight container away from the light. However, with vaporizing, the opposite seems to be the case, or is it?

You're supposed to let your material "dry out" for proper vaporizing which to me means the complete opposite of keeping it fresh.

Can someone speak to that?

Thanks.

vapor_cloud said:
jeffp said:
Tom- yeah i know vista is a bit of a pain in the ass - took me a little while to get my bearings as well.
I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop pre-loaded with Vista 2 weeks ago and I really like Vista. I could do with another 2 gig of RAM but that aside I like the new interface.

jeffp,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a text from the wife telling me a package has turned up labelled 'Aromatherapy Diffusser'

FUCK YEAH !!!!

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
hahaha I was typing out a big reply to your 'dry herb' Q jee when I got the text my PD had arrived. here's my :2c: on the dry debate:

Yeah thats a good point. I must admit I haven't experienced any loss in quality when product is left stored for while. Infact I believe it will improve over age (mature) if NOT allowed to dry out too much. Once its dried completely (tinder - good for vapping that is) and kept out of direct sun light it should be fine. I remember a old mate who had a room set up with a 1000w HID and did a couple of crops. After his last one ... and once it appeared all had been sold/smoked we found a tin with a couple of big nugs sitting in the Hot Water Cylinder cupboard ... so it had been exposed to warm dry conditions for more than a few weeks. He suspected it would be ruined from the over exposure to heat and the fact it was so fucking dry. he rolled a J (yes pre-vap days) and we got thoroughly baked from it.

So IMO as long as you don't let the sun zap the herb I recjon it will keep for a long period of time even in a very dry state and even if not stored in airtight containers. I don't use them (airtight containers) and have never suffered loss of quality.

And in my pre-vape days I alwsy considered dry herb to be better ... more even burn and instant hits.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm home, opened the box and the first impression is how small everything is. The pictures just don't give a true impression on the size. And the bowl in the vapor tubes is tiny. I was wondering how small a bowl had to be to hold only (approx) .02 of a gram ... and now I see why.

7 minutes of heat up time left before the my virgin PD hit :tup:

vaporcloud,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Well now. This is probably not the best place for an intro, so I'll introduce myself and give you my story a little more formally soon (hopefully tomorrow or something...busy guy these days!), but I couldn't resist throwing this up.

First off, you guys rule. This site is a total breath of fresh air. Most information on the net re: vaporizers feels so tainted and one sided, and I really feel like this forum is nothing but genuine people sharing experience and opinions...such a nice change! I actually landed here in a long search for more solid information, and I really feel like I owe you guys something good. The discussions that have been happening here helped me make what was becoming an increasingly difficult decision... But like I said, I'll give you my story later.

I just had to throw down in this thread, because I too have made a decision, and I see some very Purple Days looming on the horizon! So have no fears vtac, soon there'll be more reviews popping up here than you can handle! Including your own I guess, looks like you're getting one too! Tom must be a busy guy right now :lol:. I had never heard of the PD before this site, and after doing some research and talking to Tom and Pammy, I gotta say...I'm sooooo excited! This just stood out to me as perfect for my situation (daily, habitual/chronic pipe smoker at the moment), and I don't know that I would have found it without stumbling on this site. I was actually researching the Extreme, and as has been mentioned previously this is one of the only places on the net where you can find good info on the Extreme. I did some thinking and it turns out I think I'm more suited to something like the PD...so thank you, all of you, and especially Tom! I've been seriously burned (no pun intended...) once when buying a Vape (give you one guess which vaporizer...:rolleyes:), and this left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth...Tom, along with reading experienced reports from guys like max here at fuckcombustion, has made me feel totally secure that I'm getting quality this time. I absolutely cannot wait to try it out and review my new PD for you guys. I owe at least that much! Not that it'll be a chore :brow:.

I confirmed my order last Wednesday, and got the regular shipping to Canada, so hopefully I'll be getting it some time soon. Got a Birthday coming up on Thursday, so what a way to celebrate that might be! Here's to hoping. I opted for the Ti Tree version and just love the beautiful wood Tom's got for these units...I really can't wait to lay eyes on mine, if you can't already tell! Anyway, just dropped in to tantalize your minds with the promise of another review, and to say thank you all of course, but I'll definitely be back to introduce myself a little better soon. In the mean time, I'll be saying a bitter sweet goodbye to my faithful pipe :D.

partially veiled,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hola pv! :wave:

Man, it really brings a smile to my face to read posts like that. Hearing that this little place has made a difference for someone, no matter how small (wow that's cheesy). I'd have to agree about most of the info out there being either spam or blind opinion. So much spam. Well, here's a big fuck you to all the 'wicked roots' out there. Exploiting the internet as a vehicle to hock your warez? Well guess what, it works the other way too. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I've been seriously burned (no pun intended...) once when buying a Vape (give you one guess which vaporizer...
Did I get it right above?

Look forward to your review, because man, I'm looking forward to getting mine!

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
v_c, hell yeah! Glad you got it, I imagine you are feeling pretty good right now.

Well... I'm killed. Goodnight, vaporists!

vtac,

Purple-Days

That aromatherapy cup is a solid copper end cap for 1/2" plumbing. Should be easy to find at any hardware store. A few drops at a time seems best, less likely ro spill too. Violet Blossom oil is what we send, orange sounds nice.

Incense sticks are a good source of aroma too. Strip the stuff off the stick and put some in the cup. All the aroma and no smoke. F-Combustion. :lol:

Purple-Days,

spyder

Choose wisely.. they are not for everyone... Like Tom has stated many many times...even think it say so on the website (I think).... it is not for everyone.

I suggested one to a friend (without trying it...bad idea)

He was less than pleased (I hear it)

I've tried it a bunch of time... :disgust:

I personally don't think it is for a heavy habitual user.

I equate it to a dug out system... if you like to take a couple small hits and be done for AWHILE.... this MIGHT be the vape for you. If you are looking to use it for a session... this is probably not for you.. get something with some ballz that will put knuckles to you. :ko:

my :2c:

Top Bottom