• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

I didn't mention you directly out of respect. This will not be a cat fight.

I only want a fair test of a product that is used everyday.

Go check the Durability thread and get back to us.

No need to be nasty at all. :)

Purple-Days,
Reactions: pomogirl

djelimon

I've been on the marijuana.com vaporiser sub-forum for some time now. TokingGlx hangs there quite a bit. Not a salesman or agenda troll.

djelimon,

Purple-Days

stickstones, that was the idea all along. It was a vaporizer design we liked, But we wanted total confidence in the materials.

Thanks for saying what you did, means a lot. But, I'm no genius. :/

Purple-Days,

marcuss

above the clouds
djelimon said:
I've been on the marijuana.com vaporiser sub-forum for some time now.
Daily i visit that forum and i read Tokinglx posts before the DB was born, i don't know if he is a 7th floor friend's and i don't mind it.
I hope that they give him some DB for free to crash test at least!
...Or maybe he is a Buddist:lol::lol::lol:

marcuss,

tokinGLX

Purple-Days said:
I didn't mention you directly out of respect. This will not be a cat fight.

I only want a fair test of a product that is used everyday.

Go check the Durability thread and get back to us.

No need to be nasty at all. :)
yeah man, no worries.
to be honest, i wasnt as high as i could have been, and was a little hasty with words.

i hope you dont take any of my words as meaning your vaporizer is inferior, because i dont think anything close to that. you damn well SHOULD be proud of your units, you may be no genius, but you are a man dedicated to making a well crafted product, and that is admirable under any lens.

to address marcuss quickly here, yes i am a promoter of their(7th floor) products. they dont pay me to make the videos or say what i say about their stuff, i doso strictly on my own accord. i had been a vape user for a couple years and had owned a couple vapes while trying a lot of others along the way. i came across the silver surfer and was blown away by how well it functioned and was crafted.
after being a happy user for a year and a halfish...and during that time having taken it around to nearly everybody i knew and being in many public party instances, i got sick of everybody asking me if i sold them or not. so i took the couple hour drive to the factory where they are made in colorado springs and met the owner. told him that i was a huge fan and inquired into whether i could pick up a couple units to give to people that would ask me next time the question came up.

i dont sell them as a business. i dont really advertise ANYWHERE that i sell them, aside from a site that is owned by a personal friend of mine. but from now on, when im at that party, or when a friend brings over one of their friends and that person asks where they could get one of these things, i have a quick answer for them.

the 7th floor does very much benefit from my free promotions of their products, and that is fine with me, because the products that they make are of a very fine quality, and i would rather see the noob looking to buy their first vape make it be something worthwhile rather than some cheapo crap ass made in china box.

my agenda is to promote knowledge of truth. if that is trollish, im sorry
(':

now by all means, let us resume talking about the unit here.

is the bowl just that thin cylindrical part to give me an idea of the typical and the full bowl, what is the min/max herbal load

tokinGLX,

Purple-Days

I have never questioned your motives.

Immovable abject vs. unstoppable force. Gravity never stops...
That's why I threw it in the air , there is no question of how hard it was hit. Is there ?

I said, 'You hear that hit", turn it up. No fear too . Confidence. !00% confidence.

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Easy to get the wrong impression with pure text, but we're all friends here. I mean yeah you could say either of those videos were staged-- could easily have switched units off camera. But I highly doubt it, that's something Wicked Roots might do.

I pretty much figured that was tokin's relationship with 7th floor, good that it's out in the open here, no reason to hide it anyway. I really love my SSV too and sometimes it feels like I'm doing the spokesman thing-- it deserves the praise. I hope they at least gave you that DaBuddha for the crash tests, tokin. :D

Back on topic, I have to echo stickstones' sentiment on wanting interior pics of the PD. It would help answer a lot of questions like how the mouthpiece/bowl interfaces with the heat exchanger etc. I mean it probably seems like a simple question that needs little explanation, but when you've never seen one in person it's hard to visualize. I think you're using a video camera to take stills, probably not the easiest to get good photos with so I can understand that.

Sorry for the continuous stream of questions, Tom, I hope you can take it as a compliment. :)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
is the bowl just that thin cylindrical part to give me an idea of the typical and the full bowl, what is the min/max herbal load
The bowl is a quarter inch deep down to the screen, and 1/4" in diameter. Another 1/4" is above the tube, and it extends 7/8" down into the tube. A minimum load could be just a few particles- a real micro hit. You'd have to hold bowl and vape at a safe angle and you wouldn't know you'd even gotten a hit except from the effect.

As for a typical load, I loaded 10 bowls by stabbing the bowl down into a pill bottle a few times, not trying to pack it tight, but they were more or less full to the top. I weighed the 10 bowls full on a scale accurate to .01g. The weight was .21g, so a medium packed bowl, full to the top, averaged .02g, providing 2 big hits and maybe another small one. I do hate to count hits, since it depends so much on the person, but it's a little easier to do with a small bowl like this that you can easily load to the top. While .02g may not be the maximum load, it's probably as much as you'd want to load to be sure you're getting it all vaped.

Purple-Days

Questions are good. I enjoy answering.

I hope this picture shows what you want to see.

The vapor tube slips into the center hole of the heat exchanger. A stainless steel crossbar provides a depth stop. You can pretty easily mate and use the unit one handed after loading the tube with herbs.

Durability test three coming soon. :D

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
The bowl is a quarter inch deep down to the screen, and 1/4" in diameter. Another 1/4" is above the tube, and it extends 7/8" down into the tube. A minimum load could be just a few particles- a real micro hit. You'd have to hold bowl and vape at a safe angle and you wouldn't know you'd even gotten a hit except from the effect.

As for a typical load, I loaded 10 bowls by stabbing the bowl down into a pill bottle a few times, not trying to pack it tight, but they were more or less full to the top. I weighed the 10 bowls full on a scale accurate to .01g. The weight was .21g, so a medium packed bowl, full to the top, averaged .02g, providing 2 big hits and maybe another small one. I do hate to count hits, since it depends so much on the person, but it's a little easier to do with a small bowl like this that you can easily load to the top. While .02g may not be the maximum load, it's probably as much as you'd want to load to be sure you're getting it all vaped.
Now that's some precise info, thanks. 0.02g per bowl, I guess it depends on how big your hits are and how far you're vaping the herb, but that sounds very efficient.

With my SSV, I'd say 0.05g - 0.1g per bowl, but my scale is only has ~0.1g readability. Need to get a new one. How many hits depends on the draw length/speed and temp... but ranges from 2-5. But you have an SSV too, so you can make a better comparison... and you already kind of did in your mini review. :D

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
tokinGLX said:
Purple-Days said:
On another thread someone was going to do a durability test with Vaporizer X, he says, "so for the physical tests i will be taking the glass heater cover off. they do use the hardened glass, so it is likely to withstand more of a wollop than standard glass, but when dropping the unit from the roof or sending it flying through the air, one can assume breakage of the glass".

Durability test? Sorta...

Can't know when to remove any breakable parts. Can you ?
well, being that you have posted this morning, im guessing you have seen my test. you may have noticed where i challenged anybody to go "hit for hit" with me.

i love the fact that you posted the vid that you did with you tossing it up and having it land on some mysterious surface(haha, i only slightly kid there, im absolutely certain that it did land on the limestone gravel that you claimed, i just have absolutely no idea of the consistency of that limestone gravel because you didnt show us it on the camera), and would love it if you posted more test vids as i will continue to.

but come on now, why try to take swipes at me
is the hammer test "sorta" a durability test
and, for your future knowledge, it is da buddha vaporizer. not vaporizer x.

please. show off the strength of your unit. but remember. your unit is made of wood. mine is quarter inch thick anodized aluminum. you can take shots at me for removing the glass, but i could take shots at you for having a housing that cannot take the physical abuse that da buddha can. personally, id rather keep things civil.
I have and use both the SSV and the Purple Days and they're both awesome vaporizers. I'm lucky in that I haven't bought any shitty vaporizers and I know that there's a bunch. I'll have a detailed "review" of my Purple Days maybe in a few days and I'll describe why I like it so much (as a relative "novice" since I've only been into this vaping hobby for the past five months) - Tom and Pam have been incredibly informatiive and interested in my enjoying their vape and using it properly, their "technical support" is above and beyond what you would tend to experience dealing with most companies or even craftspeople.

Anyway I started off going the ultra cheap route before delving more deeply. My first vape was an "Ubie" - described as "the most efficient." I used it for about five minutes, more of a pain in the ass than anything, the glass tube heats up and gets dirty fast. It's probably a great little device it's just not my thing. A little too spartan for my metabolism. Although one of these days I'll likely play around with it a little more.

Next up I bought a Vapor Genie, figuring that there's no spare electrical outlet by my computer - I tend to toke up right here as I'm dicking around on this, or sometimes while spacing out in the bathroom. It's a good little inexpensive vaporizer - for me, if anything, it got me wanting to purchase an excellent higher end unit. It's a great introduction and a nice gift item for friends.

Then I got a little obsessive in my research prior to my next purchase. Hard to find unbiased reviews on web sites and the newsgroups are largely not very informative. Epinions and Amazon reviews are useful for a cordless phone but not for this.

I remember I was going to get a Vapor Warez (I liked the name) but the deeper I searched this and other units the more I found iffy critiques while everyone kept pointing to the Volcano as the "when you're finally serious this is what to buy for $600." Then there was another I was going to buy - forgot the name but it has a Teflon stem that you suck from and that concerned me - the developer assured me that at low vape temperature there is no need for concern but how the hell does he know? I know that pet birds have died from their owners frying eggs on Teflon in the other room.

I stumbled onto Tokin's video series on using the SSV and I was sold. I totally dug his videos - the guy is funny and I could relate to what the SSV looks like and how it's used and how baked it seemed to get him using very little material, and I trusted his authenticity and authority on the matter. in front of the camera. So I bought one - wonderful. Prized possession. In fact as I remember 7th Floor accidentally sent me two SSV's - the UPS guy had two boxes addresssed to me. I gave one of them back to the driver and emailed 7th Floor to let them know (that their vaporizer must be "very efficient" for them to make a mistake like this.) I love having friends come over and turning them on to the SSV, it blows everyone away. First it's like, "I'm not into this whole vaporizing thing man - too much RITUAL - dope is dope, just roll it and smoke it. But I'll come over and try your gadget, maybe you'll make a convert out of me." I come back and say, "OK yeah the thing is it gets your higher - the elevator takes you to a higher floor and the material lasts at least twice as long. Plus I can't roll for shit. So it works for me."

So anyway I want to put some thought into what I want to say about the Purple Days, since Tom and Pam have put so much thought into the development of their unit. Above all, I'm thankful to have stumbled onto the "right" forums which has led me to purchasing only excellent vaporizers - both the SSV and Purple Days.

Jeff

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
jeffp said:
Vaporizer buying experience.
Sounds about the same as my "journey": Started with the VaporGenie, liked it enough to get a serious home unit and ended up with an SSV. Absolutely no regrets. If I was to buy another unit it would likely be a Purple-Days.

You're right; there's so much garbage out there, in terms of vaporizers and information about them. :\

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
jeffp said:
Sounds about the same as my "journey": Started with the VaporGenie, liked it enough to get a serious home unit and ended up with an SSV. Absolutely no regrets. If I was to buy another unit it would likely be a Purple-Days.

You're right; there's so much garbage out there, in terms of vaporizers and information about them. :\
And it has to be a turn off to people when they buy a crap vape and decide that vaping is not for them....

Or the guys who profess that you have to use a $200 heat gun with a bong to "truly" vaporize - obviously that's too much trouble and pretty dangerous too...

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
jeffp said:
If I was to buy another unit it would likely be a Purple-Days.
Tom says, 'Isn't it about time you bought another vape?' :lol:

We had non-using guests over last Friday, so that morning I put the SSV (all silver, by the way) away, and I've been using only the PD for 3 days now. Last night I even topped off a bowl with a little kief. First time I've tried that with the PD. Worked very well. Lately I've been loading bowls, giving them a little tap while in the down position to make sure the load is secure, then vaping while holding the unit in a slightly downward position-a comfortable angle like Tom uses. My leakage 'down the hole' has been very minimal-only a few grains now and then. I've really been surprised at how easy and quick loading has been. The bowl I added the kief to was packed quite tightly too, yet it got thoroughly vaped all the way through. One recent load consisted of very fine, dry herb, and I got 6-8 good hits from it. The number of hits with this very small bowl can obviously vary a lot according to the consistency of the weed.

I was getting the urge for some big hits last night, but I was feeling way too good to fetch the SSV and hook it up. I'm gonna set up the surfer when I get home though. I am so addicted to using multiple vapes. I think I'll even fill a bag tonight. It's our 9th anniversary today so I'll use that as an excuse to get extra ripped. ;)

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
max said:
vtac said:
jeffp said:
If I was to buy another unit it would likely be a Purple-Days.
Tom says, 'Isn't it about time you bought another vape?' :lol:

We had non-using guests over last Friday, so that morning I put the SSV (all silver, by the way) away, and I've been using only the PD for 3 days now. Last night I even topped off a bowl with a little kief. First time I've tried that with the PD. Worked very well. Lately I've been loading bowls, giving them a little tap while in the down position to make sure the load is secure, then vaping while holding the unit in a slightly downward position-a comfortable angle like Tom uses. My leakage 'down the hole' has been very minimal-only a few grains now and then. I've really been surprised at how easy and quick loading has been. The bowl I added the kief to was packed quite tightly too, yet it got thoroughly vaped all the way through. One recent load consisted of very fine, dry herb, and I got 6-8 good hits from it. The number of hits with this very small bowl can obviously vary a lot according to the consistency of the weed.

I was getting the urge for some big hits last night, but I was feeling way too good to fetch the SSV and hook it up. I'm gonna set up the surfer when I get home though. I am so addicted to using multiple vapes. I think I'll even fill a bag tonight. It's our 9th anniversary today so I'll use that as an excuse to get extra ripped. ;)
Funny stuff... For $1 you can get 100 6" bamboo skewers on Ebay. That's way beyond a lifetime supply. The flat end of the skewer works perfectly to stuff material deeper and more intact like into the PD tube, it's a little more effective than tapping with your finger....also the sharp pointed end of the skewer is ideal as a "pokey stick" in my opinion not so much for the SSV but for the PD if you want to gently scrape off material from the screen that remains even after sitting overnight in alcohol. For the SSV the included metal pokey stick is perfect. Probably not a good idea to stuff material TOO deeply with the skewer for the PD as it would be too dense for a powerful series of hits.

It's fun to talk about this stuff, describing the ways we relish and utilze our religious artifacts.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Stop making me want one. :mad:

:lol:

For $1 you can get 100 6" bamboo skewers on Ebay.
Have the link?

Quick, think up some trendy stoner bullshit and sell them for $5 each.

vtac,

Purple-Days

Actually, the wooden tamp is included in the Aromazap! Interesting... :)
We just didn't find it useful for our needs. Others might, maybe you know, we like to be %100.

That shows how different the experience is for each person. No 'one size' solution. You found what works for you pretty quick, and maybe we over-looked something.

If it's important, I should include it. 1/4" hardwood dowel is easy enough to get. What length could work well? 2"? Aggressive tamping really isn't needed, but I know how it can restrict flow, just enough, and create stronger/fuller vapor. Not for everybody, it's pretty full already. Not even suggested, but there it is.

For others interested:
I'm looking into one of a kind glass mouthpieces and battery pack portability and exotic stash bowls. Because we listen to vapor enthusiasts. But, it's gotta be right, or not at all. Might take a while to evaluate...

This forum is the 'Apollo' of vapor. The real thing. You folks weren't gonna be fooled.

Do we match up, or give up? That was the question... That was why we came here... And to have some fun with the vapor community.

We aren't for everybody. Never want to be. Never could be.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
Stop making me want one. :mad:

:lol:

For $1 you can get 100 6" bamboo skewers on Ebay.
Have the link?

Quick, think up some trendy stoner bullshit and sell them for $5 each.
Just sober up your diaper genie addled brain and type in bamboo skewers and look for the cheapest! (just kidding of course)

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
Actually, the wooden tamp is included in the Aromazap! Interesting... :)
We just didn't find it useful for our needs. Others might, maybe you know, we like to be %100.

That shows how different the experience is for each person. No 'one size' solution. You found what works for you pretty quick, and maybe we over-looked something.

If it's important, I should include it. 1/4" hardwood dowel is easy enough to get. What length could work well? 2"? Aggressive tamping really isn't needed, but I know how it can restrict flow, just enough, and create stronger/fuller vapor. Not for everybody, it's pretty full already. Not even suggested, but there it is.

For others interested:
I'm looking into one of a kind glass mouthpieces and battery pack portability and exotic stash bowls. Because we listen to vapor enthusiasts. But, it's gotta be right, or not at all. Might take a while to evaluate...

This forum is the 'Apollo' of vapor. The real thing. You folks weren't gonna be fooled.

Do we match up, or give up? That was the question... That was why we came here... And to have some fun with the vapor community.

We aren't for everybody. Never want to be. Never could be.
It just so happens that the skewers I bought on ebay to use with my silver surfer - which actually didn't work out so well - i read somewhere not to use sharp metal pokey sticks which turned out to be hogwash - i bought the six inch skewers..... i'll find the link later if you want it.... it does work nicely with your vaporizer, the fit is perfect. the reality is that it's not necessary though - the finger tamping works just fine as is.... jeff

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
jeffp said:
Just sober up your diaper genie addled brain and type in bamboo skewers and look for the cheapest! (just kidding of course)
Ok, ok I'm lazy. :ko:

Yeah I probably could have searched ebay and found the link in the same time it took to make that post. :p

diaper genie :huh:

vtac,

mookow69

I can't stop pondering an idea... Since the PD uses 6 watts would it be possible to have it run off of a battery for extended periods of time? Say about 10-12 hours? That may be too optimistic however.
Any ideas? Possibly even plans to make a power pack of some sorts?

It is always nice to see health being put first, keep up the excellent work! :)

mookow69,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i keep intending to write a detailed review of the PD but i never get around to it as a totality.
however i will say that with all the crappy vaporizers and a handful of good ones on the market, we're pretty lucky through this message board to have been made aware of this particular vaporizer, me thinks.

it's a work of art, it works flawlessly, it's inexpensive, it feels good and it makes you feel good.
seems to allow you to draw out the essence completely, just like the old hair gel commercial, "a little dab will do you." the thing is so efficient my dealer is wondering why he hasn't heard from me in weeks....

very easy to get the hang of.

after a few sessions, it's best to let the suck tube sit in alcohol overnight - the ethyl type - so it cleans out. it gets a bit stuffy quickly because the tube is so narrow. the package comes with a perfect container to fill up with alcohol that fits the tube perfectly. getting the tube OUT of the container is a little tricky, but I actually use one of those wooden sticks i was talking about, and that works great. pulls it right out.

you should rinse the tube with water after taking it out to get the alcohol off of it.

the material doesn't fall out of the tube. it's not a concern at all.

it's great for one person, it's not a group vaporizer. my silver surfer seems more suited for passing around.

i like the fact that you don't have to fuss with the heater dial - it sets itself at the perfect vape temperature after 45 minutes, and remains consistent. the heat up time is not an issue to me.

i love the fact that it is designed to be left on all the time. i assume that the unit will last for a long time - i hope so. this aspect seems unique to me, and special.

so yeah, it's really good and i recommend it. the purple days is really ingenious.

it doesn't lend itself to a comparison to the silver surfer - but since that's my other vape i am comparing it in my mind. with friends over, it's the silver surfer. the silver surfer also produces a softer hit due to the length of travel.

the purple days has great stealth appeal, it's an elegant, small, aroma therapy diffuser is all.
i never feel the need to hide it. when i'm by myself it is a far simpler affair, you just load up the tube a few times and that's it. the silver surfer on the other hand - it looks like a mutated futuristic one tube radio - how do you explain that, left exposed, to people you don't want to have to explain this to.

last week a friend of mine who is predisposed against vaporizers "too RITUAL man..."
tried it. he sort of dug it - "yeah i get it, it's FLOATY." I thought that was a brilliant one liner - "floaty."

so hey - i think i just wrote the review.

jeffp,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Mean review bro :tup: Ahe man ... now I want a Purple Days too ;). I've checked out the PD site and they look great. And leaving it on all the time is nice.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
SO with it being a DC input does that mean the output voltage doesn't matter? 240v down under :ninja:

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom