jeffp

psychonaut/retired
free audio books for download and much more:

http://www.archive.org/details/audio

1240579655_e036633422.jpg

jeffp,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I have to say, well done vtac. I was wondering about the bong though, I have a few questions for you. I was looking at a 500ml or so EHLE recently, and you kind of just proved it works well with the PD, but would you suggest this bong or would there be others that you think would fit better? Does anyone have an opinion about size that would work best with PD and so on? Also price is probably gonna be an issue... Anyone know of solid companies that have decently cheap stuff? These are open questions to anyone. I am looking to use the PD every once in a while with a bong and also use the bong for casual get togethers with friends. (SHAME, I know, combustion :ko:). Also, sorry if this post is in the wrong thread, but I felt it went with the video posted.

The_Other_Shoe,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Purple Days - That was beautiful. :D
I second the motion! Beautifully done video, Vtac.

One question...aren't you worried about pieces of herb being shot up into the PD as the water rushes up the down-stem after a toke? :p JK

Progress,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
wow more shots , i so so badly want one of those Purple-Days , sorry for the crap going round here about knock offs , i d definitely buy the real Mc Coy over something that's knocked off , but , in these times , everyone wants to make a buck , its just some people don't care how they do it , awesome stuff Tom

Samsquanch,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Whoa vtac... nice vid, gonna have to try that technique sometime. I got a bunch of photon microlights.. hahaha

aznfknpride,

Purple-Days

Thanks, Sams. It's a phase.

Well folks, how about these for the 'Build your PD' instructional video or book?
1zyww01.jpg

:tup:
23lms69.jpg

:mental:

Purple-Days,

Frickr

i think that a youtube video, then include a set of instructions with every kit. that way it pleases everyone, the visual and the readers. with the video on youtube it will give people the chance to see what it takes to build one, and keeps costs to the min as you only have to make one video.

How much will one of these kits run? and what all would be included in the kits? im very intrested in this as i think it would be fun to build one! i have a lath and stuff at home, so i might try some of the exotic woods, and teach myself how to turn wood. add a new tallent under my belt.

Frickr,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Hey Tom , i noticed on your site something about you and Pam being musicians , what do you two play, Im guitar and bass , i knew music figured into this somehow

Samsquanch,

Purple-Days

Operation Pandora !

I think the best consumer kit would include these (to be modified by forum input):

A bored and taped PD body... you could duplicate from there if your 'sick friends' needed them, using a 'bare bones kit' (no wood, etc...).

The Heat Exchanger Tube, is difficult to duplicate and a key item, de-burred, cross drilled, flared, polished. Ready for assembly and tensioning. (available la carte)

The 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washers are easy to get (at least here by the sea), but the 304 Black Oxide Fin washers are a special item. So, a goodly portion of each as a part of either kit.

The 304 Top washer with two holes and de-burred. Other stainless hardware like the 304 crossbar, plus a little extra for poking things... and the spring steel top clip... all of it...

The RoHS Heater element, the RoHS hookup wire, the RoHS solder..

3 Vapor Tips, final prep done. Instructions and video to do the same+.

3 Bored #5 PP Vapor tubes.+ Screen material and cutter with instructions.
Screen Clips.

Solid hardwood bottom plug, and leather. Plus detailed instructions and video.

Buzz-Butter :buzz: sample (and instructions for making it, too).

Plus: info on the electronics behind it all, including AC/DC operation, how to use a LED, wood selection information and how wood choice effects vape temp. Several PD shop original innovations revealed. How to make the top disk drill jig, cheap...

Builder provides tools*, glue, clamps, sandpaper and steel wool, wipes etc...

Tell your friends you built it yourself. Is that cool ?

I quit playing a few years ago, but a snip of my style is available on our home page. Just noodle-ing, drums by Korg the rest me. I was more a bassist, fretless 5, just swerved into 6 skinny strings for a moment. Pammy is an artist with paint and piano.

Purple-Days,

CrazyCracker

So Im having my friend make me a small bong to go with the PD. Sort of model it after a 100ml EHLE just with lots of color. I know the PD works well with the GONG downstem. Any suggestions besides that? Thanks!

CrazyCracker,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Nice and laid back , did not notice it before , doing sorta the same on a 5 string bass , no fretless though , in a blues outfit on the side , any idea on what kinda $$$ these kits might go for , I love a hands on project , especially one that is continually enjoyed :brow:

Samsquanch,

CrazyCracker

I know the construction time is hours for each unit, perhaps less hours with your new toys. How long do you think it will take to make these do it yourself packs VS making a PD?

CrazyCracker,

Purple-Days

Time wise it might knock an hour off the build (my time), last hour or however long he takes is on the builder, might take him several hours, certain to take days with glue up times and finishing ... let's say 80% of my labor, skill and tools. Then instruction...

Might leave the boring to the builder.Might leave it all to the builder, just parts and instruction, haven't thought it to the end yet.

Never thought about the price, most of the special tooling and labor would already be done,then the value of the knowledge of how to make many??? Probably cheap, I'm a trippy hippy... and I don't like cheaters, see the scalper episodes.

Purple-Days,

CrazyCracker

The way you described it, (Pre bored, buzz butter instructions ext.) I think you could put them at the $180 price mark. People would jump at it and it would be fair IMO. Especially if there isn't a wait list. :2c:

CrazyCracker,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Sweet, alot to think about , but it sounds like a good idea , free you up a bit for life's other pleasures , I think you would be surprised how well that will fly , bet you weren't thinking back in the day you'd be doing this stuff at this point in your life , I don't think any of us are doing what we thought we would be doing , but we got the internet and the world is getting smaller and people talking and yadda yadda , plain and simple , go for it dude , your shit rocks :peace:

sorry bout the rambling it getting late, early whatever you want to call it

Samsquanch,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I would totally be into buying a Kit. I think it would make the vaping experience a little more personal. And like Tom says, Tell your friends you built it... totally awesome...

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The DIY kit idea is a really good one. I'm not sure I'd be capable of a build but I know many who would and be happy to have put it together themselves... Beats the heck out of those model car kits built as a kid :D :D

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Well I just discovered something... PD doesnt like too get up too temp if you dropped it an the HE has become a little loose... Used a screw driver too push it back into place, was back up too temp ten minutes later.

DevoTheStrange,

Frickr

DevoTheStrange said:
Well I just discovered something... PD doesnt like too get up too temp if you dropped it an the HE has become a little loose... Used a screw driver too push it back into place, was back up too temp ten minutes later.
hmm... i wonder if thats why i thought mine was cooler, i havent had anything to try out since i got a new springclip to keep the heatexchanger from loosening up. im curious on this now! but just grab something to tap the springclip back down devo, it slides down pretty easily.

Frickr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I know... mine gets loose every few days, or when I unplug it... My spring clip is dinged too all hell from me doing this...
I might have too retract that.. I think my Wallwart may have just died...

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom