Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Shortie PD stems for waterpipes...WooooooHoooooo!

I like sanding the PP5 tubing all of the way down to the stainless steel, leaving it flat and attaching a GonG joint with some silicone tubing.

PS: Tom, the tall tips have been rocking! (and provide some nice variety). Thanks for the tips (you rock!).

Progress,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Purple-Days said:
Sorry, Sneezy, Medium is as small as we have.
No problem, I'll see if I can shrink it up.

And don't worry about it buzz, we've all been there :D

1252102677795.jpg

Oh god I hope nobody saw what I just edited. Forgot a basic fact about the PD...
What was there was a question about the HE, but since it was stupid heres a related one:

Do you have the exact dimensions of the HE Tom? I'm curious for some general HE research I'm doing.

sneezyjesus,

nilo

I have a few questions about the Purple days vape:

1. I want to smoke only miniscule amounts (a tiny puff), is this vaporiser up to the job?

2. How long is the waiting list?

Thanks!

nilo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ordered a second Billy Bowl, some Whip stems, and the mark'ed stems. I do love the Billy Bowls. I always smoke a variety of strands, and i usually use a couple of small wood trays plus my one current Billy. I like The Billy Bowls much better because the herb dries well, but i have a nice lid to cover it up and avoid the micro dust or hair that might somehow land on my herb. Maybe crazy, but a nice piece of mind.

nilo, go to the vapor lounge and check the PD availability thread for info on waiting.

Nilo, PD is very much up to the job. But you will wait.

IAmKrazy2,

Frickr

i cant wait for january to come, i have a little fin aid reserved for those marked tubes, and a holder

Frickr,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
thats hilarious Tom

the flame makes a slick smokeless finish but i found myself still dremeling em to perfection

Im an apprentice carpenter up in canada, start making 20-30 staircases when the snow hits :brow:.. my lovely wally will be with me in the shop to get me through that, to say the least :D i like to think it blends in :uhoh:

MrMistyTokes,

Lucic77

nilo said:
I have a few questions about the Purple days vape:

1. I want to smoke only miniscule amounts (a tiny puff), is this vaporiser up to the job?

2. How long is the waiting list?

Thanks!
1. The PD I believe is regarded as one of the more efficient vaporizors. It uses by it's nature, small amounts. So, yes, I believe is the answer to your first question.

2. VapeNow, the exclusive retailer of this fine product, currently has the waiting list at 9+ weeks, though I and many others had an 11 week wait. It fluctuates, some have received theirs sooner. There is a thread regarding that: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=905&p=1

Lucic77,

nilo

Thanks Lucic77 and IAmKrazy2 ,

I'm just curious how small of an amount can the PD vaporise?

I want to smoke 1/30th of a bowl :)

nilo,

Lucic77

nilo said:
Thanks Lucic77 and IAmKrazy2 ,

I'm just curious how small of an amount can the PD vaporise?

I want to smoke 1/30th of a bowl :)
I have no idea about that kind of specific stuff. "A bowl" is not a universal measuring stick, never mind 1/30th of a bowl.

The tube tip holds a small amount of ground herbs in it. You could always hit it a couple of times and save the rest for later. I haven't seen a vape that uses such small amounts but it may exist. I think Tom has mentioned the size or radius or whatever it's called of the tip of the tube somewhere.

Maybe the PD isn't for you if you want to vaporize minuscule amounts, but it is probably one of the closest things.

Lucic77,

lord

nilo: I only vape once to twice a week and when I do I only take one hit. I have never weighed out what I vape, but the PD stem is no where near full (and PD stem is already small). I think most people put .002 of a gram in a stem. I must use probably .001 or less...

I estimate a gram lasts me about 4+ months -- I don't keep count; I just know it is a long time. But again, I am very moderate vaper -- a daily user will not experience the same results.

lord,

nilo

Lord,

Great to see I have a fellow small time smoker on this forum. I am very sensitive and I find a tiny hit does the trick for me. Anything more just turns my high into foggyness.

Lucic77,

I have the VHW and it is awesome if I want to visit Saturn but I only want that once n a while.

BTW I just ordered the PD and Vapor Genie!!!

Thanks

nilo,

Purple-Days

You know the story, of the beloved friend/tool that over-hears it is being sent to the knacker's? You send off for a companion machine...

The tool was the B13F Hitachi drill press. Been with me since the start of the PD. A while back a friend was by, and I flipped the switch but nothing. This may have happened before, but with safety lock-outs etc. maybe just a fluke (you may notice blue tape on the lock-out as a pre-caution and trouble-shooter). With a return spring already shot, and many hundred strokes on the log, well, ol' B13F... sent for the helper, been wanting a second station. And Friday morning it goes all the way... :horse:

One of the ironic notions of this, 'being knackered' bit, was that I have recently found use for this machine 'upside down'. It will serve many hours as a new invention in the shop, a Star. But, I gotta get a starter capacitor (I did QC at Cincinnati Microwave... so trouble-shootin'... ;) ) for the induction motor. Oh, yeah, did a stint at electric tool repair too. :cool:

BUt no way I can wait 10-14 days without a drill press. So we make the hundred mile drive today.

Hello, Big Red. Ooby Doobie. 3/4 horse,5/8"chuck, on a bench length frame. MMMMmmmm ~ !
1zg6cue.jpg

25ajg4m.jpg

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice drill!

I dug out the camera the other day and took some pics of the whip-ripper mini tubes.

Pocket sized tin.

Left to right: early model > 'innie' style > mini. It's cool to see the incremental improvements that have been made in small things such as the tube manufacturing.

Included screen kit with a chunk of :buzz: (not included), man i love that smell!

Action shot in bad lighting.

In short, the mini tubes are awesome!

vtac,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Cool! I just chopped one of my tubes and have it jammed in a bushing 18mm to 14mm adapter... Maybe I'll have to get a whip-ripper tube kit and 3 more adapters :brow:

Here's a vid I just took.. I <3 purple days!

aznfknpride,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:tup: Nice hit man! Great vid and nice toooob!

Amazing how much vapor you can pull out of a small load efficiently heated. A PD can take those big hits back to back without breaking a sweat. To me that's a big test of a vape in this class and it would be interesting to see how the other various wooden, sodacan-sized units fare.

I was going to just chop a tube myself but I knew I'd butcher it. The new tek they're using is super smooth and uniform... it's clear that Tom's made A LOT of these things since... let me check my email here.... 2008-08-08. :o

<3;pd; :party:

vtac,

pbmagnet4

Would it still be easier to just cut the stem in half??? The whip-rippers seem bad*** but at the moment i dont have 50$ to spend. :/

pbmagnet4,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
vtac-I like milking the tube, a lot more fun and cool to watch the vapor fill the chamber... I usually dump the bowl into the ABV bag after the first rip, 2nd rip isn't even worth taking. More good stuff for the edibles anyways :D

Tom-Thanks for the good word.. and thanks for the PD, been showing it a lot of love lately haha.

pbmagnet4-I used a dremel with a cutting wheel and a drum sander to do mine.. I kinda made a cone shape so it sat in the 14mm joint good without rocking left and right.

aznfknpride,

pbmagnet4

aznfknpride said:
pbmagnet4-I used a dremel with a cutting wheel and a drum sander to do mine.. I kinda made a cone shape so it sat in the 14mm joint good without rocking left and right.
Hm. Very nice, but did you purposely choose to fit the stem to an adapter, or wouldn't be better to just fit the stem to a downstem???

pbmagnet4,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
I put it in the adapter because it feels more like a traditional bong slide.. Plus the PD stem does not fit in the 18mm joint of my Toro so it worked out perfectly.

aznfknpride,

NoSmoke

Aznfknpride is the airflow better with the shortened tube? That's one thing I don't enjoy about PD bonging, the feeling like your trying to suck a thick malt out of a straw, I will do this if the airflow is improved. Stemless Toro is my dream tube, I envy you ;)

NoSmoke,
Top Bottom