Purple-Days 420 Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

Announcing the Purple-Days 420 Contest

34g3412.jpg

Rules:
Contest ends 4-20-2010 at 4:20 Pacific Time. Open to all. Entries received after that date will not be considered. Compliance with rules is mandatory and I will be the sole judge of your compliance*. Nothing tricky just read and follow the rules.

Send a picture post card to:
Purple-Days
P.O. Box O (as in Oscar)
Port Orford, OR 97465

1. Post card must be a picture* post card.
2. Line 1- You must print your FC username*, so we can announce the winner.
3. Line 2- print "420 Contest" *
3. Line 3- In large clear numbers, print your guess, and circle* it.
4. Lines 4+ - Your name* and address* and e-mail*
5. Optional, include a note to the PD crew.
6. One entry per person.
7. Post your guess and you are disqualified.

Person coming closest to the actual number, and following all rules, wins. In the event of duplicate guesses the earliest postmark will be the winner. We will announce the winner right here when we confirm a compliant* winner.

Same basic rules as last time. King of the Heap rules too.

What's the prize?
4iopdd.jpg

How about a Figured Maple with the Pandora Elk bottom?
This one went to Elvis, Pammy has one and the winner will get the only other. Very limited edition :cool:

Purple-Days,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
WooooHooo! :D

What a beautiful prize. :tup:

And, once again, redundancy rears its ugly head...Tom, you rock! (Despite redundancy, I had to reiterate my sentiments :wink: ).

Progress,

Konrad_Zuse

SO bascially we have to pick a number? Can we get a range like 1-1000 or something? I think boundries will be key.

Konrad_Zuse,

lwien

50+ week wait period on the prize. ;)

(just kiddin'. couldn't resist the poke.)

lwien,

the electrician

could definitely go for some of that. i make this post to serve as a reminder to myself to submit my answer, cheers unemployment

the electrician,

Purple-Days

Rules:
Contest ends 4-20-2010 at 4:20 Pacific Time. Open to all. :cool:

Compliance with rules is mandatory, so reading the rules will be a requirement. ;)

Purple-Days,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Nice contest Tom , but could you tells us what the heck that is that we are counting :rolleyes:

Samsquanch,

Purple-Days

Sure those are wrought copper end caps for 1/2" copper plumbing. They are the aroma cup, included with all our kits. They are in a 14" wide gold pan. We use it to wash all metal parts in hot soapy water.

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
hehe... I knew what they were and not from my vast knowledge of plumbing parts ;)

Lo,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Considering it is a 420 contest please tell me at least, that there isn't *** copper cups right there :lol:. definitely getting in on this one!

Also, is it possible to get a side view to at least get an idea of how tall the pile is? If not I guess everyone is at the same disadvantage.

The_Other_Shoe,

the electrician

The_Other_Shoe said:
Also, is it possible to get a side view to at least get an idea of how tall the pile is? If not I guess everyone is at the same disadvantage.
thatd make it a pretty bloody easy contest now wouldnt it. youve got eyes and weed for a reason, get high and stare at that picture the old fashioned way, thats how i attacked it

the electrician,

Lo

Wow!! I saw Tom mention that it's open to International entries as well! That is AWESOME!! Thanks for that Tom, I think that is really too cool!

I'm still going to enter as that PD is just beautiful and the elk...OMG, it's really NICE!! I am however really hoping that one of you International folks that are dying to get your hands on a PD will win it :D I think that would be cool!

Good luck to everyone!! Get those postcards in!!

Lo,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
lo said:
Wow!! I saw Tom mention that it's open to International entries as well! That is AWESOME!! Thanks for that Tom, I think that is really too cool!

I'm still going to enter as that PD is just beautiful and the elk...OMG, it's really NICE!! I am however really hoping that one of you International folks that are dying to get your hands on a PD will win it :D I think that would be cool!

Good luck to everyone!! Get those postcards in!!
Yes, thanks a million Tom.

Happycamper,

Lo

Okay....got my postcard ready! It looked better in my head, things always look better in my head :D

Good luck folks!!

Lo,

Purple-Days

1z3p2ix.jpg

King of the Heap #1. Best guess so far.

That's his new Cherry Stash going out in the mail. :cool:

Get your entry in, plenty of time, beat his guess and be the new King of the Heap.

Best guess standing on 4-20-2010 wins the big prize.

Purple-Days,

collegerower

Tom,

I am a little confused as to what you mean by "picture post card". Does that mean that we have to take a photo, and put a stamp on the back, or use a store bought post card?

Also, is the rule one guess per person, or house (can my nonFC girlfriend vote with the same address)?

Thanks!

collegerower,

Purple-Days

A 'picture post card', like you would send home from a vacation. (but any picture with a satmp is a a 'picture post card'). A plain 'post card' is available at the post office, but it isn't a 'picture post card'. One entry per person. :) But read line 2 ... this is a PD / FC contest, not open to the general public, according to those rules.

Purple-Days,

collegerower

But if she was to join FC, it would be legal then?

Thanks for clearing up the post card situation. I was just a little confused, and didnt want to break the rules!

collegerower,

Lo

A big thank you to Tom & Pammy :D I received a little cherry stash box for a consolation prize!!!

THANK YOU!!! It is adorable and makes a fine addition to my little wooden family:

Get those postcards flowing folks!!

Lo,

PerseusStoned

Just a few questions:

1) What are the King of the Heap rules? From the holiday thread I ascertain that it is the top 2 (or 3?) best guesses?
2) How many people entered last time? I'm curious what the odds are.
3) Will it be frowned upon to use the same shipping address for multiple people? My girlfriend does not have the leisure of a shipping address currently and would like to use mine. I understand that this is okay, per the rules, but want to ensure there is no will be no penalties.

PerseusStoned,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom