Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

Razor

But I don't have a CF so I can not compare them. The fenix has a very high convection ratio even if it is not 100% It can be compared as they both work similar in design other than the fact that there is conduction produced by the chamber. You can make the CFV retain heat if you use the aluminum bowl as well.

I can compare them for

Ease of use and

Vapor quality

You can compare these two qualities against any vape no matter what type it is.
I enjoy the CFV very much, but for ease of use and vapor quality along with its price tag and the warranty you can get depending on who you buy it from is amazing. These three factors make this vape a wonderful beginner vape who doesnt want a learning curve to worry about or a lot of clutter with features, but still wants a top notch vape thatt can perform extremely well especially for the price.

BTW off note here. Anyone hear of any concentrate pods in the workds for the CFV?

Also, has anyone tried using the one from the fenix in it? I do not have mine anymore.

Razor,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
I'd like to buy a cheap Fenix from Alibaba or DHGate, but I can't find it on either of the sites. Had bookmarked it on Alibaba a few weeks ago but the link doesn't work anymore.

Can anyone let me know where to get one?

bleak,

Ravachol

I'd like to buy a cheap Fenix from Alibaba or DHGate, but I can't find it on either of the sites. Had bookmarked it on Alibaba a few weeks ago but the link doesn't work anymore.

Can anyone let me know where to get one?
True. That's strange enough. I remember 2 years ago you could find arizers solo and air both in dhgate and in alibaba, they disappeared one year ago or so. I think that the resellers are stressing them not to sell directly to custumers. You still can find them at affordable prices on ebay.

Ravachol,
Reactions: bleak

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
True. That's strange enough. I remember 2 years ago you could find arizers solo and air both in dhgate and in alibaba, they disappeared one year ago or so. I think that the resellers are stressing them not to sell directly to custumers. You still can find them at affordable prices on ebay.

Still can't find any on DH / Alibaba, so I guess the resellers must have clamped down, and I missed out on this $50 bargain. Disappointed, as I had talked a few friends into getting one at that price. If anyone reading this still knows where to get them around the $50 mark, please let me know!

You can always find them on ebay. 80 bucks.

You're right, I was able to find one on ebay for $84. Unfortunately no good for me, as its a USA-based seller that doesn't ship internationally. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye on ebay :)

bleak,

Razor

Ahh yeah that sucks man. Thats the only place Ive seen that you can buy them. You can get them on healthyrips (the rebranded version) with a lifetime warranty though. It is about 70 bucks more, but identical otherwise.

Razor,

Spelaeus

The edit convector I bought nearly a year-and-a-half ago is starting to lose battery capacity. Has anyone successfully replaced the battery yet? I've seen the teardown video but would like to know the experiences of someone who has actually tried the replacement.

Spelaeus,

Ravachol

Hi, did someone ever changed the battery of the Fenix? It seems a little different from a standard 18650 battery.

Ravachol,

Ravachol

Hi, did someone ever changed the battery of the Fenix? It seems a little different from a standard 18650 battery.
All went fine, I soldered the new battery and the Fenix turned to life. I did that since the led was blinking red and green when I tried to turn it on.

Ravachol,
Reactions: GEED

Smockey banana
gibarian I wanted to thank you for the review and videos, both on the fenix and the rest demonstrating long offgassing. The rest of this post is just me rumbling :)

I'll share my experience on the fenix...

The only other vaporizer I own is the yokan ishred which has great taste (even though the usb port acts as air inlet), better than the fenix. But for whatever reason it wasn't enough to keep me from smoking. Sometimes it could get me as medicated as a joint but usually not. It also required maintenance after each use and that was annoying. The fenix is *probably* there as far as effectivenest is concerned but it doesn't taste good and is harsh to my sensitive tonsils. Ripping it on red for 2 days in a row was enough to make me unable to swallow my own saliva without any pain

To remedy the problem I used the dropper of a 100ml bottle fixed with orings that I intend to replace with the right piece of med grade silicon tube. That would make it easier to remove for transport as the dropper is too long. I first tried with a 30ml dropper but that was when I first got issues with tonsils. Not enough length and a narrow focused tip made that a bad choice. If anyone else end up with a fenix and you get issues with your throat, keep that in mind.

So now is's much less harsh now and quite cool. The taste is still nothing to write about but otherwise it's good to get me there and that is sufficient for now.

With weed being kind of expensive here, I use the concentrate pod to reduce the amount of herb I use. It works well and probably, since it both acts as a kind of heat sink and is slightly loose in there, I feel it adds a tad bit more convection to the mix. My quest now is to find or make a ceramic pod that fits nicely in there. This will improve flavor a lot.

I don't know how you guys replace your batteries but what I did in the past with an istick 20w was to make 2 copper tabs which I soldered to the positive/negative cables. On top of them I glued the soft insulating pads I see in the battery on your video and other users tear down pictures. This would allow me to replace the battery whenever I wanted without soldering. You should be able to do that with the fenix.
Keep in mind that you need a lot of heat to solder the copper pieces. I couldn't do it with my 40w iron, I used a mini torch to solder it. It's dead now, a taxi, jeep and a motorcycle killed it when I dropped it while biking but I'll see if I still have the parts to post photos of it

And closing with an off-topic...

I collected my first reclaim. Being a vaper for over 4 years, I'd like to make eliquid out of it. I used 90% pure alchohol diluted with 10% hplc water to get the reclaim. Then filtered that with coffee filters to remove the dust and small avw pieces. Anyone here with experience diluting reclaim in eliquid?

Last edited:
Reactions: GEED

Spelaeus

I use it at blue, good taste and perfect extraction in a session.

I'll stay on blue if I plan on doing anything. We'll temp step up to red until there's no more visible vapor if I plan on sleeping soon or it's going to be a lazy day in with the girlfriend.

Spelaeus,

Smockey banana
I only use it on blue to dry it a bit if it's rather wet. Otherwise I caught a lot. Taste is indeed alright there but those temperatures are sadly not comparable with the effectiveness of a splif.

Normally I'd use one load once or twice on purple and once or twice on red, depending the consistency of the material and how hard or long I draw...

GEED

Gaseouser
I am lost in logvape haze since, Fenix ditched ages ago :) No real need to cover anything else on Milaana, but I highly recommend the short stem version for a smoking experience - but still pure blaze, without offgas. I normally use 2 strainer-cups facing each other in the stem's end, and use minimal material, so it sort of "levitates" between those cups while cooking in hot air. Just awesome.

GEED,

Smockey banana
So you say milaana offers a better experience?

I honestly do not care about ciggarettes, I have been a happy vaper for 4 years now, using only vg as I don't even want the throat hit. The only reason I'd light a spliff was because ishred could rarely get me as baked and I felt like I was actually wasting weed. Fenix is about there with a splif and actually helps preserve a lot. So on this regard I'm happy with it.

But if milaana is as effective, has better taste and a cool but kind of moisty vapor that would be kind to my throat perhaps I should take a look at it. In any other case I'll stay with the fenix and wait to see what future holds

GEED

Gaseouser
Without going too off topic I would say that both units (F and M) sports the ability to micro-dose, on the Fenix I also use(-d) a circular piece of steel strainer to create this effect of "hot air levitation chamber" for tiny, free-floating bits of material. M though has the ability to reach higher temps, creating a rich, hot and pretty dense one-hitter cloud. It does have a learning curve and takes time to get used to but worth it ;)

GEED,

Smockey banana
I see. Yes I was a bit disappointed fenix couldn't go beyond 215C. Just 10C more would be perfect. But what about smoothness and vapor temperature?

If I may drift this thread a bit, I was digging the project, milaana and tubo evid threads. I'm inexperienced with vaporizer but not inexperienced with ecig mod making. Reading and combining stuff I came up with a design for an mini unregulated I'll try to build based on an arizer air 2 mouthpiece I bought for the purpose. I'm planing to use a heating element set up in a way similar to tubo. Its heating element seems very good but I was hoping someone has tried a spiral coil which would reduce height a lot.

So I was curious about the one on milaana. I couldn't find any photos of it. I understand air comes from the hole on the top, flows around the female joint (helping cool the vapor) and probably the coil is inside the joint to better pick up the incoming air.

On more relative news, I also decided to make a wooden ring for the fenix from a piece of untreated african mahogany I have hopping to improve the taste and convection percentage. It should be able to withstand the temperatures without scorching (hopefully). Anyone tried that already for the fenix?

Last edited:

Smockey banana
So, I made the wooden ring. So far I have used it on purple+ (I'll call enhanced modes + from now on). It works fine and does add a bit more convection, I can't tell how much but it does. No scorching after 4 sessions.

It tastes like a wood workshop would taste though, familiar but not pleasant. I like the smell of African mahogany but apparently not its taste. Perhaps with a more aromatic wood it would be better. walnut or rosewood perhaps. Or perhaps I could dip the ring in vinegar to take off the smell or eliquid flavors to mask it. Hmmm

GEED

Gaseouser
this thread is pretty dead lol :) But in general, i would never use flavours to mask as they would mask all other goodies. My logvape made out of walnut - was a neutral flavour already, but gone in just weeks of use. I would just put that ring in the oven on 200 C for some time ;)

GEED,
Reactions: 314

René

hi, I see this 3d again.

in addition to the non-replaceable battery and, the possibility to set the temperatures (vivant alternate pros) because these devices are so little considered?

have a (almost) convection heating and in Europe the felix is sell at few euros, the same as a vapcapM 2018. What are the cons of this device? Do you believe it is healthy compared to other well know vapes brands and sturdiest than vivant alternate?

I saw an enthtusiast review of utillian 721 but seems like a fake poor commercial claim.

Hoping my englsh is understable, regards and thanx
Ciao

René,

Ravachol

hi, I see this 3d again.

in addition to the non-replaceable battery and, the possibility to set the temperatures (vivant alternate pros) because these devices are so little considered?

have a (almost) convection heating and in Europe the felix is sell at few euros, the same as a vapcapM 2018. What are the cons of this device? Do you believe it is healthy compared to other well know vapes brands and sturdiest than vivant alternate?

I saw an enthtusiast review of utillian 721 but seems like a fake poor commercial claim.

Hoping my englsh is understable, regards and thanx
Ciao

The fenix is my favourite tool, I alternate it with the alternate, but it is a lot easier to load and clean. The best choice for beginners and people searching for a simple, reliable and efficient vape.

joint46go

Try fenix mini is more efficently than fenix

Or try the new fenix 2.0 but is very expansive

joint46go,
Top Bottom