• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

RelaxedNow

I removed the adhesive from both of my "convector" units, and I'm not perceiving a change in airflow from either. Maybe I'll notice it when I actually vape some material, but I have to pick up my grandson from school in a bit, so no vaping for now. Either way though, there's no harm done, as no damage can occur from trying it.

RelaxedNow,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

IrieHigh

Is this vape identical to swiftpro / cfv besides the temperature control? It looks so similar?

IrieHigh,

Haunts

I removed the adhesive from both of my "convector" units, and I'm not perceiving a change in airflow from either. Maybe I'll notice it when I actually vape some material, but I have to pick up my grandson from school in a bit, so no vaping for now. Either way though, there's no harm done, as no damage can occur from trying it.
I thought the same thing until I vaped some herbs. I think it's made a great improvement.

GEED

Gaseouser
Just saying, that the bottom bit is a crucial part of design, it is meant to restrict airflow (those tiny holes drilled in circles), so the pressure sensor can work properly... For example: if you block it with your finger, then suck on it, from the vacuum the sensor will turn on immeadiately, and regulate heat. Therefore, if you take off that plastic layer -> increase airflow, the sensor will not work properly (you can see it not flashing during inhale).

Vape Dr.

Just saying, that the bottom bit is a crucial part of design, it is meant to restrict airflow (those tiny holes drilled in circles), so the pressure sensor can work properly... For example: if you block it with your finger, then suck on it, from the vacuum the sensor will turn on immeadiately, and regulate heat. Therefore, if you take off that plastic layer -> increase airflow, the sensor will not work properly (you can see it not flashing during inhale).

@Gibarian I did this months ago and it functions much better.

You do not keep the bottom plate off.
You take it off to remove the glue to allow the "proper" air flow and put it back on.

This looks to me like something they overlooked during assembly.

You are correct, the unit will not function properly if the bottom plate is left off. Once the glue is removed on the "proper side" the air flows much better but the bottom piece must be put back on.

I did this with 3 Fenixs' and 2 EDIT convectors myself.
This is not only a worthwhile mod for air flow, but necessary IMO.
You don't want glue in the intake air path.

uhranium

I'm interested in doing that, should buy a 75€ fenix for it. My first one I gave away and my 2nd one got snatched by the cops 3 days after buying it..

uhranium,

sickmanfraud

I'm interested in doing that, should buy a 75€ fenix for it. My first one I gave away and my 2nd one got snatched by the cops 3 days after buying it..

Don't know the price of things in Germany, but the Vivant Alternate (separate thread) is only $129 retail and getting pretty good reviews.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: lazylathe

sickmanfraud

If you look into the Vivant Alternate as I suggested a few posts ago you could pay full retail of $129 and $30 postage for a mostly convection vape with user swappable batteries.

Check with FC sponsor Puffitup and ask how much money it would cost.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

Vape Dr.

Hey guys!

I just found a cool video with the fenix I don't remember taking but it's pretty good.

I think you all will enjoy it.

Vape Dr.,
Reactions: Ravachol

MrTag

I just ordered a Weecke Fenix from Smoking Vapor after reading all the good things about it here on FC. Got a really good deal on it after some discounts!

I'm curious though, if i get the generation 4 version of this vape will it still benefit from the fix noted in the previous posts or do you think they have fixed the problem at the factory?

I'm fairly new to vaping as I only started a little over a week ago so I have a lot to learn. My first vape purchase was a G Pen Elite by Grenco to use with my MMJ (Also new to this). I really like it but it does have a funky taste so I may have to return it. My ultimate goal is to switch completely over to vaping which also includes vaping my tobacco. Also trying to convert my wife over to vaping her tobacco so I need a couple of good vaporizers without spending a fortune. I should have ordered 2 of the Weecke Fenix's but decided to start with one first to make sure its as good as everyone say's.

MrTag,

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
It is such an easy fix, you should check in any case, IMHO....

Teaming,

gardenerjeff

Gardenerjeff,

uhranium

the fenix is already becoming old, the svyte or whatever it's called is the offspring I guess.

Vivant Alternate is the hot shit to go to now.

Although the "4th generation" fenix is just the fenix we all have now, a mainly convection unit. You can see how your weed not is completely brown after a session where you don't draw (unlike solo).
The glue-case is not closed on this 4th generation but is precisely the one where we know, that the fix has to be done.

I am mildly satisfied with my fenix, considering I can get one for 75€ but I wish I had a mighty for the times I wanna get blasted without doing the same filling chamber for whole 15 minutes

uhranium,

RelaxedNow

Any reviews???
I have found it at 59€ if is true convention is good product :)

It's a hybrid, definitely not full convection. I like mine, but there better options if you're looking for convection and willing to pay more. Check out the Mistvape Touch (I love mine) at $120 US (if it hasn't gone up) the Milaana at <$200 US, or the Tubo Evic (I have this on the way) at $150 US. All are full convection, and have swappable 18650 batteries.

Ravachol

After a year of daily use the fenix still works perfectly, the battery shows no sign of degradation, the only thing happened was that after some months the rubberish painting on the upper plastic part started detaching, never got smell of plastic from it and after the modding suggested by dr. Vape the airflow got better. A great tool, a lot better than the vivant alternate, that now seems so popular.
http://imgur.com/a/1gbAK

Top Bottom