Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

uhranium

seems like all is said and done.

so here's my first error!
the light on top went on to blink in super fast intervalls instead of the thing heating up. reboot fixed it for now.

uhranium,

uhranium

2nd error lol.

On of the 4 teeth of the mouthpiece is loose, so I have a tiny amount of air being sucked in.

uhranium,

Meach

Haven't tried but someone mentioned crafty glass mp fits with a slight mod to get a snug fit..and e-cig drip tips work with a slighter thicker oring on them

Meach,
Reactions: GEED

uhranium

my town is out of o-rings o_O

someone get me a amazon link or something please :x

uhranium,

Striped121

Hi to all on the forum. My 1st post.

I have one of these coming in the post ( EDIT brand ) and i was wondering can anyone tell me the bare minimum amount of herb required to get a hit off?. I'm not new to vaping herb just fairly new to portables ( apart from an ecapple iv-1 which I'm hoping I'll find this an upgrade from that as i wasnt impressed atl ). I'm starting to microdose during the week and I'm hoping this will allow me to do this with good results. Btw great site and reviews, you all sold me on this one.

Striped121,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

RelaxedNow

Hi to all on the forum. My 1st post.

I have one of these coming in the post ( EDIT brand ) and i was wondering can anyone tell me the bare minimum amount of herb required to get a hit off?. I'm not new to vaping herb just fairly new to portables ( apart from an ecapple iv-1 which I'm hoping I'll find this an upgrade from that as i wasnt impressed atl ). I'm starting to microdose during the week and I'm hoping this will allow me to do this with good results. Btw great site and reviews, you all sold me on this one.

Welcome to the forum, @Striped121.

I don't weigh my weed, but I can tell you that this unit is fairly efficient.

I've used it a few times with a partial load, and it seemed to work fine. However, I generally fill the bowl completely, lightly packed, and it doesn't waste much. If you take a toke or two, then shut it off and take a couple more, it will cool down quickly. Even if you don't do that, it doesn't cook your herbs too badly, since there's a fair amount of convection involved. Of course, I should mention that I have a good supply of weed, so maybe I'm not the best judge of efficiency.

What I like about a full bowl is the convenience of not having to load too frequently when in micro-dosing mode, or having plenty ready to go when I want to do a longer session.

Also, I've found that I'm getting hooked on using the highest temperature setting. I think I get better effects, it's not too hot or harsh (though I do pause between hits.....oh, yeah.....I'm holding a vape in my hand....), and I still get plenty of hits before the load is depleted.

Striped121

That's great about it not cooking the material while your not puffing away.

And yeah I'm packing a full bowl on the weekends and once or twice ( or thrice ) on the night, im planning on using pre weighed micro doses for the weekdays at work etc just to stop my brain overloading with all the normality.

Anyways thanks for the info im really forward to hitting this sucka! Should be here by Tuesday so I'll post my experience.

Also is there absolutely no way of replacing the battery unit even with a soldering iron? Surely as long as it fits inside the unit and can be connected or soldered on right??

Striped121,

uhranium

surely that o-ring must be found somewhere on the internet, I lost my fenix mouthpiece and am using it with the wobbly mighty mouthpiece for now.

uhranium,

RelaxedNow

That's great about it not cooking the material while your not puffing away.

And yeah I'm packing a full bowl on the weekends and once or twice ( or thrice ) on the night, im planning on using pre weighed micro doses for the weekdays at work etc just to stop my brain overloading with all the normality.

Anyways thanks for the info im really forward to hitting this sucka! Should be here by Tuesday so I'll post my experience.

Also is there absolutely no way of replacing the battery unit even with a soldering iron? Surely as long as it fits inside the unit and can be connected or soldered on right??

Well, there may be SOME cooking while not hitting it, but it seems minimal to me. Strictly a subjective opinion though.

It would be very very very easily done. @Gibarian youtube video shows a teardown, appears you would need to solder a single tab onto an 18650 in order to replace.

I paid less than $50 each for the three I bought, so I was planning on just tossing them when the batteries fail. However, if anyone replaces one, I'd love to know how it works out.

RelaxedNow,

GEED

Gaseouser
@Gibarian looks good. How easy was removing the tape?
Its just like any cellar tape, really. I bought adhesive free Kapton, extra thin for heat proof insulation, also the small brass connector is a B11-01107 - Brass Internal Tube Support - 5 MM TUBE SUPPORT (the original steel pipe comes out pretty easy from its base, because its not glued into!) have the right length and slips onto original pipe well but tight - however rim sits a bit close to power wires, need to work on some insulation not to short stuff there. On the bottom you still have original diameter to go into the rubber bit with pressure sensor. Works pretty flawless so far :D

Striped121

Came home early from work as i knew this was at home waiting for me!.

It's not as good as the ecapple.iv-1 ( which i stated i wasnt impressed with but that beat this in virtually every department apart from the horrendous fucking big bore mouthpiece that they stuck on the end of it which ruined the device for me and stopped me buying another for that reason alone. ).

But having said that it does the job and i get high from it ............. job done.

Deffo buying a crafty glass mouthpiece for it but i can happily use this 1 for now. Heat up times great but there more draw resistance than with the iv1, anyway I'm sure I'll get used to it. This also seems to do a good job with small amounts which is what i needed so although it looks like something from the pound shop its a decent little vape really and hope to have many days with it hanging out my mouth.

RelaxedNow

I've been enjoying my Feinx very much.

I was pretty medicated tonight so I figured I'd make a video.
I was using a water pipe at temp 3 enhanced or 383F.

I''ll try 410F next time.

Here it is if anyone is interested.

"I was pretty medicated". Well, Vape Dr., that may qualify as an understatement. If not before, certainly after that round. LOL

It is amazing that a device that sells (or is it "sold"?) for so little works so well. It may have ruined me on paying hundreds of dollars for new vaporizers.

rozroz

It is amazing that a device that sells (or is it "sold"?) for so little works so well. It may have ruined me on paying hundreds of dollars for new vaporizers.

it was a one time "glitch".
now this device costs as high as they can tag it.

rozroz,

SuperLuigi

At $120, i dont see how anyone could buy this. That's the same price as the flowermates and boundless CF. The CF comes with a 3 yr warranty, you're not gonna get anything like that on any version of the Fenix.

SuperLuigi,
Reactions: rozroz

rozroz

At $120, i dont see how anyone could buy this. That's the same price as the flowermates and boundless CF. The CF comes with a 3 yr warranty, you're not gonna get anything like that on any version of the Fenix.

Yea that's what i meant..

rozroz,
It's not as good as the ecapple.iv-1

I own both and disagree pretty strongly.

I havent tried the boundless vapes or CFV but have tried a myriad of other smiss and FM products. None of the 5 series (or any others ive tried for that matter) are even sort of in the same league. I wouldn't justify $120 for one, but I wouldn't justify $120 for any PRC vaporizer.

nondarb,

Striped121

I own both and disagree pretty strongly

Only thing i see better with this is conservation of material. Iv1 build quality. Variable temp. Faster heat up time and variable heating speeds. Better flavour imo ( ceramic bowl ) and more vapor production with a removable battery. Oh and much less draw resistance.

Both have shite mouthpieces.

Striped121,
Only thing i see better with this is conservation of material. Iv1 build quality. Variable temp. Faster heat up time and variable heating speeds. Better flavour imo ( ceramic bowl ) and more vapor production with a removable battery. Oh and much less draw resistance.

I agree on some points but definitely not on taste or production (especially if you leave the ecapply airflow wide open). Id take the convector over the ecapple any day of the week when it comes to taste and conservation of meds. The firmware on the iv-1 has proven buggy and the manufacturer has outright abandoned the product as well.

Neither are up to snuff compared to the bulk of my other vaporizers, but both are nice for PRC vapes. Between the two id pick the convector every single time however.

@pandaphysics Don't you have both units, care to share your thoughts?

Top Bottom