Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Is it good or bad that you pack about .2-.3g of Grape Ape (that was frosty white/green) then run a 5 min session on the highest temp (410F) just letting it sit then cool off 2 mins, open the top to see lightly browned herb evenly everywhere then reheat to the the 3rd heat setting (374F) and it taste better than 95% of the vapes you own?

BuzzDanklin

If it sat through a 5 minute heat cycle at max temp, and still tastes good in the following session that sounds like it has some real potential. Looking forward to your thoughts after more testing

I still can't help but feel the name they chose is odd... maybe their next vape can be named the Hindenburg

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I was given a response from Weecke a week ago about the Fenix. Still deciding if I want to test it the temp scale doesn't interest me.

I had given them some information last year in March. Also talked to them in October in 2014. I thought these were the people behind the T-Vape and CVapor, my biggest interest was that I preferred ss sides over ceramic. But now I'm just over conduction and have too many good convection portables..

>Size: 111.0mm*28.0mm*58.0mm
>Input: DC 5.0V/1.0A
>Battery Capacity:
2200mAh Class A Lithium Battery
>Premium chamber with Air Heating technology
>Heating time: 40 seconds
>2 Inhale Mode Settings:
-Enhance and Soft Mode
>Temperature Indicator
-Flashing: Heating up
-Solid Lighting: Device ready
-4 temperatures control range settings:
338℉ ,356℉ ,374℉ and 410℉
>Micro USB Charging Port
>5-Minute Safety Auto Shut Off
>Battrey recharges Cycle times: Over 300
Using Fenix Vaporizer:
1.After loading - Turn on the unit on by rapidly press
the button 5 times.
2.Unit will begin heating immediately.
3.To change the temperatures by pressing button 2
times rapidly-the LED will change to the
corresponding temperature color.
-Green LED:338℉
-Blue LED:356℉
-Purple LED:374℉
-Red LED:410℉
4.To change the Inhale mode by keep on pressing
the button for 3 seconds-the temperature LED will
change the flashing rate.
-LED flashing rapidly means Enhance Mode.
-LED breathing flashing means Soft Mode.

Last edited:

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I do not think this is a true convection vape. If I had to put it in % form: 90% convection 10% conduction. I ran the GH at highest temp and the FF1 til both batteries died on a fresh charge and my herb as still 90%+ still green. I ran the Titanic2 at highest temp for it's 5 min auto cut off once and my herb came out brownish/slightly green (the same on 2 different sessions). Now I will admit the bowl still tasted better than 95% of the vapes I own even after being ran through once. I like this vape and it has some amazing taste (especially with some crumble). I dig their oil can but it is hard to load if you have some sticky wax (but just put in the freezer for a few then drop in). It doesn't get very high temp wise at 410F (I dab low temps too) so when doing concentrates you get a herb session with your wax (meaning you get 5-6 hits off a dab). On the herb, it even bakes what you put in there. I put .2-.4g (no need to pack, leave loose) and it comes out a decent shade of brown evenly over everything at heat setting 3 (374F). I even get clouds on the lowest temp (338F). I haven't notice it running hot anywhere yet and been so focus on convection and taste I haven't thought about battery life. I've ran maybe 8-10 sessions so far on a full charge and the battery life is showing red (less than 20%).

What I don't like about it is the mouthpiece. I do not like the whole M/C/CF/CFX mouthpiece. Can we get a better design please? Plus it has pointy ends on the mouthpiece which are annoying but I can live with. I do like (I found it annoying at first) where they put the LED lights. You can still see the lights easy but yet still stealthy if in a crowd or in a dark setting. I haven't used the Enhanced setting, just Soft mode. Enhanced is for the cloud chasers and soft is for the sippers basically as explained from Puri5:

"Enhanced is faster draws and will get the same equivalent of vapor as soft. Normal vapes when doing fast draws they tend not to produce that much vapor. Soft mode I like the most, relaxing mode and get the best out of the quality vapor"

I get pretty much the same clouds with each draw and I get flavor throughout the whole session [guess that's where the Smart Puff-Identify module (instant vapor) comes in]. The ease of use of this vape is awesome with no learning curve, just follow the directions. 5 clicks on/off, 2 quick clicks to change temp and hold 3 sec to change Enhanced/Soft. It's also very low maintenance and super easy to clean. Just dump the bowl and brush it and the mouthpiece off. It comes with extra screens for the mouthpiece and easy to change out. I had a convo with Puri5 this morning and they are happy with my 90% convection opinion. The Parallel Air-Hi Technology is definitely a something to take notice of. This vape is going into my daily driver group along with the Guru, Apollo and VaporCup. I guess granted I won the bet but Puri5 still managed to put out a pretty good vape and it's cheaper than the Mighty/Crafty/CFX (CF is cheaper but never used it, I own the other 3) and blows those 3 out the water.

Pics of it are on my IG and I'm off to put it through the ringer today. So far so good though. I thought this vape would just be another average vape but it has opened my eyes.

Tommy10

Interesting, getting close to pulling the trigger on a CFX, might wait for comparisons and see.

Anyone know of any of the alibaba ones in the wild? Could be a bargain if they truely are the same thing, which I think could be pretty likely. Although I was certain the CFX would be a Chinese rebrand at first, so who knows.

Last edited:
Tommy10,
Reactions: smutman

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Interesting, getting close to pulling the trigger on a CFX, might wait for comparisons and see.

Anyone know of any of the alibaba ones in the wild? Could be a bargain if they truely are the same thing, which I think could be pretty likely. Although I was certain the CFX would be a Chinese rebrand at first, so who knows.

I know @kushbury is receiving one today not sure of who else is getting one or ordered one or has one. I like the CFX (just hate the company). It's a pretty good vape with great battery life but to me the Titanic2 just has a better taste, better feel and has a pretty good concentrate cup.

Tommy10

To clarify, do you mean @kushbury is receiving puri5 branded vape like yours? Or the suspiciously similar looking alibaba one linked previously?
Also do you believe the puri5 has more convection going on than the CFX? Do they have a similar sized bowl? Any ideas yet if this works as with small loads at the CFX is reported to?

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
To clarify, do you mean @kushbury is receiving puri5 branded vape like yours? Or the suspiciously similar looking alibaba one linked previously?
Also do you believe the puri5 has more convection going on than the CFX? Do they have a similar sized bowl? Any ideas yet if this works as with small loads at the CFX is reported to?

@kushbury siad he is getting the Titanic2 like mine. Puri5 has more convection the CFX to me. I would say the bowl holds more in the CFX (CFX bowl is long and narrow while the Titanic2 is wide and short. I have used small loads loosely packed (.2-.4g) and vaape great. My next bowl will be of just a small nug and see how that does. One thing my CFX doesn't do that the Titanic2 does and evenly baked my herb.

Tommy10

Just received an email from someone at alibabas, got the usual best price spiel then for my own convenience she eplained to me the difference between convection and conduction and added a handy little diagram! The language barrier is strong on this one.
Interested to know if they are the same or now.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Just received an email from someone at alibabas, got the usual best price spiel then for my own convenience she eplained to me the difference between convection and conduction and added a handy little diagram! The language barrier is strong on this one.
Interested to know if they are the same or now.

For further proof I just did .3g in the CFX at 430F for a full session with no draws and my herb came out dark brown/no green while the Titanic2 at 410F came out lightly brown/still green (both have a 5 min cutoff). The bowl for Titanic2 was still tasty and worth vaping while the CFX bowl tasted like burnt popcorn on first hit.

Tommy10

Worth noting the email from alibabas mentioned the same patented airheating technology. But I can't work out how to reply on alibabas it seems so my investigation might stop there.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Worth noting the email from alibabas mentioned the same patented airheating technology. But I can't work out how to reply on alibabas it seems so my investigation might stop there.

I avoid that place and dhgate like I do the plague or herpes. Like De La Soul said "Say No Go"

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Yes, I normally would not purchase a vaporiser from there, but if this is another puri5 straight rebranding I'd have no issue cutting out the middle man and the mark up, unless this really is a different vape altogether.

Can't blame ya there. I've wasted way too much money on vapes myself. Do what ya gotta do and if you score it, let's do the comparisons. Not everyone one those sites are toxic.

Edit: Puri5 is claiming this is their technology and they are the originator for this vape too. They also said they are transitioning to the US or going too for manufacturing to stop the rebranding. Who knows the truth? I know I don't. I just know what's right in front of me.

Tommy10

It's not so much the money, I just dislike the trend of rebranding things and passing them off as original I hope that like the boundless which I first suspected to be a rebrand, the puri5 titantic 2 turns out to be an exciting original vaporiser... However if it is just a mass bought and rebranded Chinese vape, I won't be handing them my $$$.
My thinking at the moment is, given the identical appearance, same temp settings and both mentioning this new airheating tech, they are either identical or the Chinese are manufacturing puri5 clones. Given puri5 has done the rebranding thing before (although I don't know if they ever claimed any of the previous ones were original) and the fact the alibaba model has been around a good while, I think there is a decent chance it's a rebrand? Would not mind being proven wrong!

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
It's not so much the money, I just dislike the trend of rebranding things and passing them off as original I hope that like the boundless which I first suspected to be a rebrand, the puri5 titantic 2 turns out to be an exciting original vaporiser... However if it is just a mass bought and rebranded Chinese vape, I won't be handing them my $$$.
My thinking at the moment is, given the identical appearance, same temp settings and both mentioning this new airheating tech, they are either identical or the Chinese are manufacturing puri5 clones. Given puri5 has done the rebranding thing before (although I don't know if they ever claimed any of the previous ones were original) and the fact the alibaba model has been around a good while, I think there is a decent chance it's a rebrand? Would not mind being proven wrong!

Basically out of the talk I had the day before yesterday, they didn't confirm or deny rebrands on any of their vapes except that they designed the Titanic2 first. I bought their first 4 vapes when they came out and don't remember any clones or rebrands at the time but that don't mean anything (I was still new to vaping, didn't know much about clones and such back then). I don't blame you at all of the rebrand and "buy my vape with my name". One reason I made the bet about this vape was it said it was true convection. I was in a win win (it if was, I got a convection portable for a very decent price; if it wasn't, I lost no money). Did they design this one? I don't know the truth. I know it opened my eyes and was almost true. Either way I have won cause I got a damn good vape that I like that does both herb and concentrates in an easy switch with great freaking taste. Were they wrong on the convection thing? Yup and they have admitted to me they are happy with the 90%/10% I gave it (which tells me they weren't convinced it was true convection).

Tommy10

From their website it appears they have done I-v1, flowermate, Titan and another rebrand in the past! If it's as good as you say, and there is as much chance of it being a rebrand from alibabas as I think, I might pick one up off their and let you'll know! If it's absolute dud least we know the puri5 might be different or at least have improvements.

Although no mention of the enchanced mod, and the quoted heat up time was 40 seconds not 20.

Last edited:
Tommy10,
Reactions: smutman

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
From their website it appears they have done I-v1, flowermate, Titan and another rebrand in the past! If it's as good as you say, and there is as much chance of it being a rebrand from alibabas as I think, I might pick one up off their and let you'll know! If it's absolute dud least we know the puri5 might be different or at least have improvements.

Sounds like a plan to me

smutman,
Reactions: Tommy10

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I asked Weecke if they know anything about it. Weecke shows patents of some other vapes on their site.

Thanks Payton, we are getting closer to the truth.

Edit: Weecke shows no patent for the Titanic2 version but does for the first Aviator version from Puri5. But not the second version of the Aviator.

smutman,
Reactions: Tommy10

Tommy10

I asked Weecke if they know anything about it. Weecke shows patents of some other vapes on their site.

That is who I spoke to and they mentioned the same patented tech as puri5 did, seems with like 5 previous rebrands it's unlikely this will be any different. I saw those alibaba ones a while back and thought it interesting but wouldn't have considered it, with smutmans positive first impressions, and the likely hood the alibaba vape and the puri5 titanic 2 are one in the same, it may be a very cheap deal to "sample" ;) one off alibabas.

Weecke seem to offer a unit that looks a whole lot like the T vape on dhgate and claim a patent, also in the original wrecke C FC page (another vape rebadged by puri5) someone claimed to have seen the Chinese T vape looking device before the T vape page excited on FC?

Also no mention of the enchanced draw mode on the alibaba ad, and the warm up time is 40 seconds not 20.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Don't draw any conclusion too quickly, it's tricky to know with white labels and OEMs from China. For instance, it might look like the same product where in fact it's a custom run designed to client specifications. The first level of OEM is usually just to put your company logo on an existing product already sold "as is" by the factory. But it's perfectly possible to order different materials, features and other kind of changes.

For example I could cite the Storm which is an improved OEM of the X-Max V2 Pro, but there was another UK company which I forgot that had a special version of the FlowerMate5 with a more isolated vapor path. This was an exclusivity deal for the company at first, and it was only after the agreed delay back-ported to the standard FM5 line (cf flowermateusa website new product description)

Several of Atmos early products were also exclusive deals manufactured by Smiss/FlowerMate, but for these the deal was different and preventend Smiss to market the same models in the US.

To me it's clear that this new model comes from another factory, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

RelaxedNow

Interesting. I've had my CFX for nearly two weeks now, and I like it a lot. However, the possibility of getting closer to pure convection is attractive. In fact, I ordered baskets from VapeXhale just this morning, hoping to improve upon it.

EDIT: I had posted an image of what I thought was a glass mouthpiece for this vaporizer, but I realized it was for a different model. So, if I misled anyone, my apologies.

RelaxedNow,

Tommy10

Weecke sent me an email photo of an opened up alibaba unit, can't really get much from the photo. Also got lots of broken English attitude over suggesting it may not be 100% convection ha.

Tommy10,
Top Bottom