Purchasing a Vapcap M - What Else Do I Need?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
After following the Dynavap cult from afar, my VAS has finally won out and I am ready to see what all the fuss is about.
I want to do this as cheaply as possible, but will spend money on extras if they are a must to enjoy the experience.
I only plan on using it with flowers and do NOT want to use with water. I also initially will only use at home, so I don’t need travel accessories at this time. (Of course if I end up loving it, the budget will go out the window).

I only own battery operated vapes, so I know I need to buy a torch. After looking through the torch thread, I am going to get either the Vertigo Cyclone or Firebird by Colibri. I know I need to buy refined butane as well.
I also read it does best with a course grind, which I think my Sharpstone grinder will fit the bill.

What else do I need to get? A mouthpiece? Maintenance tools? Other things?
Are either of the PuffitUp maintenance kits worth it?
https://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-Dynakit-Basic-Kit-p/dyna.116-kit_bas.htm
https://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-Dynakit-Deluxe-Kit-p/dyna.117-kit_dlux.

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Squiby

I want to do this as cheaply as possible, but will spend money on extras if they are a must to enjoy the experience.
The least expensive route is to just buy the M and a cheap jet lighter for an additional couple of bucks.

I know I need to buy a torch. After looking through the torch thread, I am going to get either the Vertigo Cyclone or Firebird by Colibri.
I've tried lots of different jet lighters. My favorites are the Honest brand and the Aomai brand lighters.I

I do use a good butane, my choice is the Colibri brand. I think that quality butane is the key to lighter longevity.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...se-with-the-vapcap.23318/page-20#post-1200779

I also read it does best with a course grind, which I think my Sharpstone grinder will fit the bill.
I don't grind at all but many do. I just pluck off a tiny nug from a flower and pop it in the herb chamber. Easy peasy. Some like to crumble it up after a cycle of two and vape it some more. I don't do that either and I'm as happy as a clam can be!

Check out the thread linked below in my signature called Vapcap First Aid Kit to see some of the maintenance items you might want to invest in long term. The Vapcap is pretty robust and you could go years without replacing an oring of two.

shredder

After following the Dynavap cult from afar, my VAS has finally won out and I am ready to see what all the fuss is about.
I only plan on using it with flowers and do NOT want to use with water. I also initially will only use at home, so I don’t need travel accessories at this time. (Of course if I end up loving it, the budget will go out the window).

I only own battery operated vapes, so I know I need to buy a torch. After looking through the torch thread, I am going to get either the Vertigo Cyclone or Firebird by Colibri. I know I need to buy refined butane as well.

What else do I need to get? A mouthpiece? Maintenance tools? Other things?
Are either of the PuffitUp maintenance kits worth it?
https://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-Dynakit-Basic-Kit-p/dyna.116-kit_bas.htm
https://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-Dynakit-Deluxe-Kit-p/dyna.117-kit_dlux.

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

If this is just an experiment you can get just the vape, and give it a good try, but if you think your on the vap cap bus for a while a kit is worth it.

As you probably read in the vc thread there is a learning curve, so give yourself time and be patient. And if you havn't already stop by the best of vap cap thread. Best of luck!

AtomicPB

The VapCap Big Mouthpieces were an integral part of the first glass VapCap as it had no Mouthpiece except the Big Mouthpiece.

For all the other VapCaps the Big Mouthpiece is a cheap "adapter" for connecting it to a bubbler. I personally use it with my small bubbler sometimes, which has a 10mm male connection. I just put the Big Mouthpiece over my Vapcap and press it against the 10mm connection while drawing.

Normally, as the others said, you should be well equipped and set with what you have chosen to buy.

Hope you enjoy the VapCap. To my initial surprise the VapCap is really my most used Vape. I invested in an Omni though and love that I do not have to fiddle with the carbhole but the M is a great start to check if you like the VapCap.

Edit: If you enjoy the M, I would recommend buying a Titanium Tip for it. Since you can adjust the screen in the Tip, it is perfect for microdosing. By adjusting the screen to the smallest setting you can vape as less as 0.05g in it.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks so much everyone for your sage advice.

I have ordered my Vapcap M from PIU along with extra O Rings. (I don’t think anyone discounts them for 4/20, so there was no reason to wait!)

Ordered a torch and Colibri Butane from Amazon.

By weeks’ end, I should be drinking the DynaVap Kool-Aid!

Top Bottom