Purchased a Dabpress, lots of questions ;)

corwin33

Hello all,

English is not my first language so apologize for faults :)

I just purchased a 10Ton Driptech (from dabpress), 3x5 plates

First of all, I need to thank Steve at dabpress for his service. UPS lost the first package and they send me a new one very quickly, and after the 2nd package had a hard travel because the 2nd press arrived damaged and they could find a good arrangement for me. Their customer service is really good (that tends to disappear today sadly)

And thanks to all people expliciting things in this forum, I learned a lot.

I now have a few questions after reading lots of posts and after squishing some buds.

1°)I saw that it was recomended to apply around 1000PSI for flowers and saw the math to do to determine pression on the gauge, no problem. The puck size to do the math is before pressing or after? If i follow dabpress blog "30mm pre-press mold generally will squish down a puck about 1.75-2" diameter. So to use that as an example, 1.75" diameter puck is 2.4 sq/in" and (I personnally have a dabpress prepress 30mm) I will need to have aroud 1066PSI on the gauge, I am right?

2°)And if above is right and that I don't have to go further than 1000psi are there more precisely gauge for the pump (more accurately btween range 0-1000psi)

3°)As I have a 10ton press, what would be more efficient to press 3-6g at a time or would i have more return if I press 10-30g at once?

4°)Does everyone use BT? Because it's the often technique I see

5°)If pressed in a rectangular bag technique, and as the area of the bag increase, you can use more pressure. is it easier to jauge the pression as you have more amplitude? (you can go higher in pressure on the gauge)

6°) For those that live in Europe, do you have a good supplier of rosin bags (with not too much delivery costs) of good quality (I found Rosin Bags Evolution, they seems great but the delivery costs are too expensive)

7°) I have a flowerpot witch sic dish, what temp do you recommend/use?

8°)Last question, I found that budder rosin is much less harsh on my throat than mor "gooey" stuff, am i the only one?

Thank in advance for your response.

corwin33

Thanks for your response. I already read a lot as i said... but couldn't find those awsers or didn't understood cause of my bad english... si if someone awsers...

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Thanks for your response. I already read a lot as i said... but couldn't find those awsers or didn't understood cause of my bad english... si if someone awsers...
You might have a better chance of a response if you post directly in the thread. Good luck!

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
1°)I saw that it was recomended to apply around 1000PSI for flowers and saw the math to do to determine pression on the gauge, no problem. The puck size to do the math is before pressing or after? If i follow dabpress blog "30mm pre-press mold generally will squish down a puck about 1.75-2" diameter. So to use that as an example, 1.75" diameter puck is 2.4 sq/in" and (I personnally have a dabpress prepress 30mm) I will need to have aroud 1066PSI on the gauge, I am right?

2°)And if above is right and that I don't have to go further than 1000psi are there more precisely gauge for the pump (more accurately btween range 0-1000psi)

3°)As I have a 10ton press, what would be more efficient to press 3-6g at a time or would i have more return if I press 10-30g at once?

4°)Does everyone use BT? Because it's the often technique I see

5°)If pressed in a rectangular bag technique, and as the area of the bag increase, you can use more pressure. is it easier to jauge the pression as you have more amplitude? (you can go higher in pressure on the gauge)

6°) For those that live in Europe, do you have a good supplier of rosin bags (with not too much delivery costs) of good quality (I found Rosin Bags Evolution, they seems great but the delivery costs are too expensive)

7°) I have a flowerpot witch sic dish, what temp do you recommend/use?

8°)Last question, I found that budder rosin is much less harsh on my throat than mor "gooey" stuff, am i the only one?

Thank in advance for your response.
You really might want to repost this in the dabpress thread, for more precise replies.

I am pretty new to the pressing still and there are far more knoledgable people around.
But from what I read and my little experience I can try to answer at leat some questions.

2:yes, but I do not know where to order, besides the one from dabpress.
3:As much as I have read 3-6g gives slightly more return than 10-30g with the same technique (BT)
4:I think for small quantities (up to a certain puck thickness probably) people like BT. I do.
5:yes
6: Maybe your headshop
The rest I cannot answer.

Sick Vape,
Top Bottom