Pulsar APX - what am I missing?

Javpb

Quick background - I was a 20 year stoner and took 12 yrs off. Started back about six weeks ago. The scene has changed so much in 12 years. Having a great time learning and getting back up to speed. Combustion killed my lungs after about 4 days so bought a Pulsar ABX.

Now my question. What am I missing with the Pulsar ABX?

I haven't found any comments or reviews on here for it. Local shop suggested starting with the Pulsar for $60 to make sure I liked vaping before investing more $. So it's the only vape I've used and I think vaping is awesome. But since there is no mention in the forum I'm wondering what I'm missing? Why doesn't anybody seem to use one?

My thoughts so far.
  • Battery isn't great but I always have a portable charger around so not a big deal
  • Draw is hard but I seem to be getting used to it.
  • Chamber size is good and works for me. Pretty sure I wouldn't want it any smaller
  • Heats up quick enough
  • Shuts off after 5 min. Wish it stayed on longer but I can always turn it back on
  • Single button seems flimsy but so far so good
  • Cleaning - screen gets gummed up pretty quick
  • Stealth - small and easily fits in my pocket and can use it easily without drawing to much attention.
  • Vapor - I see very little Vapor. Not sure if it's the Pulsar or me at this point. I'm getting the effects so not too concerned as it lends itself to being stealthily
  • Mouthpiece gets hot but it came with a rubber cover that solves that problem
  • Multiple temp settings I like this and it's been fun to play around with the different temps
Very curious to hear people thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Probably that model is a cheapish generic product from China. Different companies will bulk purchase and rebrand it, sometimes under many names. Im not familiar with that model but it sounds very cheap and basic. Great that it works and you like it. However, you will find there are a range of really good vaporizers that may function better. There are many good portable vapes at reasonable prices. Welcome to vaporizing ☺

Whisper

When I started to look at vaporizers, I looked at the Pulsar ABX. I read as much as I could, to find out what would suit me the best. I didn't see a lot written about the ABX, and ventured down another path, so I can't comment on using the ABX. I still read about the different types out there, because there is this thing called VAS ( Vapor Acquisition Syndrome ) that many fall victim to. I just keep reading, and hope you do too. There is a wealth of information here, you will be glad you joined.

Javpb

When I started to look at vaporizers, I looked at the Pulsar ABX. I read as much as I could, to find out what would suit me the best. I didn't see a lot written about the ABX, and ventured down another path, so I can't comment on using the ABX. I still read about the different types out there, because there is this thing called VAS ( Vapor Acquisition Syndrome ) that many fall victim to. I just keep reading, and hope you do too. There is a wealth of information here, you will be glad you joined.
I'm having a blast reading all the posts on here. Thinking of trying the Pax 3 next but doing my best to wait a little - although pretty sure that won't work. LOL

virtualpurple

I'm having a blast reading all the posts on here. Thinking of trying the Pax 3 next but doing my best to wait a little - although pretty sure that won't work. LOL

if you are open to suggestions for additional vapes I highly recommend looking at the vapcaps by dynavap. Their starter model (the M) is only 40 bucks right now and is practically indestructible. You can heat it with a candle, a lighter, a torch lighter, or an induction heater that one of our resident mad-scientists have built.

Some people are apprehensive about using butane vapes, I know I was. However, the Vapcap has been a game changer for me and is pretty indespensible.

Great staff, great customer service, great prices and great product.

I just figured I'd toss in a suggestion if you're open to it, I've got many pricier vapes that are collecting dust while my vapcap is in daily rotation!

Squiby

I'll chime in as well in favor of the Vapcap M. Inexpensive, efficient, flavorful, tiny, reliable, built to last. Easily competes with vapes that are much more expensive.

They are also fun to collect....swap a body for a stem, add a mouthpiece, upgrade the tip. Make it uniquely yours. Fun to use.

Squiby,
Reactions: Whisper
Top Bottom