goombear
kosh
Elluzion
Finchrock24
Survivalism
GhostVapor

sahara won a Space Case 4 part medium grinder

Oldfart ( we love this name ) You won a 2 part medium titanium herb grinder

Finchrock24 Had the best reaction to winning, so we are sending you a bunch of extras to go with your new Magic Flight !

We didn't forget about the rest of you, we will do the best to send you something for entering. We Aren't Oprah, so we cant send you all big prizes, but we do want to thank you for playing (:

Big thanks to vtac and max for your help. And a HUGE thanks to the FC community who has been so great to us.

-Randy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We wanted to thank the FC community for all their great comments and suggestions But we thought you might want a bunch of free stuff instead :)

So here's the deal, email us your 5 favorite vaporizers to info@puffitup.com , be sure to include your address and FC username (we never hand out or sell information to anyone for any reason). We will randomly choose winners every day for the next seven days.

We have a lot prizes we want to give out, some prizes will be big, some small. But just to make things fun, we aren't announcing the prizes until the contest is over :)

Contest ends Wednesday October 13 2010

GOOD LUCK!

PuffItUp,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I think i'll pass. I'd feel much more comfortable sending shipping info only in the event of actually winning. This kinda seems like a good way for ppl to get a bunch of users home addys...

or maybe i'm just paranoid

steiner666,

lwien

I understand your concern, steiner, but I've been doing business with puffitup since their inception and Randy is totally legit and would he would not do anything to jeopardize the trust that he has built up here.

lwien,

bcleez

steiner666 said:
I think i'll pass. I'd feel much more comfortable sending shipping info only in the event of actually winning. This kinda seems like a good way for ppl to get a bunch of users home addys...

I agree, it makes no sense to give your address unless you win. Trust or not, he must benefit in someway by having them or he would not have asked.

bcleez,

lwien

It seems like the reason is just to expedite things without having to contact each of the winners to request their addresses.

What is the concern, that you'll receive some strange stuff in the mail or that you're going to receive a visit from the feds? The fact is, is that on-line retailers already have long lists of users and their addresses. I have yet to hear of anything negative regarding this issue.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

Nothing like a good contest to liven up the board a little.

I also don't think it is that big of a deal to give the address, they probably just want the address to keep fraud to a minimum, that way people don't enter numerous times.

stinkmeaner,

bcleez

lwien said:
It seems like the reason is just to expedite things without having to contact each of the winners to request their addresses.

What is the concern, that you'll receive some strange stuff in the mail or that you're going to receive a visit from the feds? The fact is, is that on-line retailers already have long lists of users and their addresses. I have yet to hear of anything negative regarding this issue.

Come on man, don't act so naive. The fact is the more unknown people that have your address the worse it is, regardless if it is an online retailer, individual, or spam marketing.

Why not just direct people to http://www.puffitup.com/Contact_Us_a/143.htm in his contact us fields he has enough info and direct people to do a 1-5 the msg box. if you dont reply to your winning e mail in a day or 2 then its on to the next one.

That is pretty easy and is more legit then a msg board posting.

bcleez,

lwien

bcleez said:
lwien said:

Come on man, don't act so naive. The fact is the more unknown people that have your address the worse it is, regardless if it is an online retailer, individual, or spam marketing.

Why not just direct people to http://www.puffitup.com/Contact_Us_a/143.htm in his contact us fields he has enough info and direct people to do a 1-5 the msg box. if you dont reply to your winning e mail in a day or 2 then its on to the next one.

That is pretty easy and is more legit then a msg board posting.

Msg board posting? He's not asking for your address to be posted up on here. He's asking you to send him an email.

What is your concern? What do you envision happening? Naive? Maybe I am. Educate me.

If this was some fly by night operation, it would be a different story, but Randy has been doing business here for quite some time, and everything has been on the up and up.

What is the difference if you give him your address to ship a product that you bought, or giving him your address to enter yourself in a contest?

lwien,

bcleez

Ok I see you misunderstood. He POSTED his request in a MSG BOARD. Right, did that not happen? If he directed people to his website it would add some credibility to his contest.

I never said he asked people to post in a msg board and to back that up...... there are no addresses posted in this thread. Correct?

I entered the thread and I dont know who he is, what he does, I picked up on it from what you said then searched, and hey, it looks like he has a decent website and business... a great spot to hold this contest!

bcleez,

lwien

bcleez said:
Ok I see you misunderstood. He POSTED his request in a MSG BOARD. Right, did that not happen? If he directed people to his website it would add some credibility to his contest.

Manufacturers and distributors have posted up their contests here numerous times.
Zephyr
Iolite
VapeWorld
Purple Days

Check it out.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/search.php?search_id=946827844

I really don't see the concern here. Randy and PuffitUp have been doing business here for quite awhile and has built a trustful relationship here with our members. But hey, guess I'm just naive to the ways of the world. Guilty as charged. Oh well. I sent him my info without batting an eyelash. Guess I'm just a dumbass.....

lwien,

PuffItUp

Retailer
steiner666 said:

Hey steiner666 I think we can all understand where you're coming from. We have a reason for asking for the address up front but we are keeping that a secret. If we did sell all the addresses or spammed everyone, the FC community would turn on us so fast that we would be out of business in a week......

We never hand out addresses, ever.

This contest is strictly our way of saying thanks to the FC community. Hopefully we can do more.

PuffItUp,

bcleez

click on your link. it says no hits.

Have they been here a while? I see 11 posts under this user name.

You can do what you want with your info. The problem here is that you are being pompous about others airing any concern. Your level of intelligence is none of my concern. Your attitude towards others questioning where their personal information may wind up however is unwarranted.

bcleez,

bcleez

BTW I know nothing about puff it up and I mean them absolutely no disrespect. I am sure this is most likely a valid contest.

I think it is obvious that my position is that it is important to protect your personal information. I have always chosen to not participate in any contests. That's me.

Sure, I will miss out on some cool shit, but I never win anything anyway. :p

bcleez,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
if lwien says puffitup is the real deal then i take his word for it.

thanks for the contest guys.

SSS,

lwien

bcleez said:
The problem here is that you are being pompous about others airing any concern.

bcleez, read post #7. Did that sound pompous to you?

"I understand your concern, steiner, but I've been doing business with puffitup since their inception and Randy is totally legit and would he would not do anything to jeopardize the trust that he has built up here."
---lwien

It wasn't until you stated "he must benefit in someway by having them or he would not have asked", after I stated what I said above, that I got a bit testy because I feel that your accusation that he has some kind of hidden agenda for asking for this information, is totally false.

Read this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463
and you'll see some very satisfied customers as well as puffitup being a "friend and sponser of FC".

lwien,

2clicker

Observer
PuffItUp said:
We will randomly choose winners every day for the next seven days.

We have a lot prizes we want to give out, some prizes will be big, some small. But just to make things fun, we aren't announcing the prizes until the contest is over :)

email sent. thanks for the contest!

a couple of questions though... do we only email you once, or once a day? i assume its only once, but i figured i would ask anyway. and how will the winners know they won? email notifications or announcements on here?

thanks again. good stuff.

2clicker,

PuffItUp

Retailer
2clicker said:
PuffItUp said:
We will randomly choose winners every day for the next seven days.

You only need to enter once (:

email sent. thanks for the contest!

a couple of questions though... do we only email you once, or once a day? i assume its only once, but i figured i would ask anyway. and how will the winners know they won? email notifications or announcements on here?

thanks again. good stuff.

PuffItUp,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
Nothing like a good contest to liven up the board a little.

Oh, you mean like the Zephyr contest. :uhoh:

Contests are neat though. Would like to see more of them, like maybe Vapir can have a Whack-A-Shill contest. :brow:

All kiddin' aside, thanks for the contest, Randy. Much appreciated.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay, I hope this is super and mega :p

Sent in my submission.
And it wouldnt make sense to submit more than one email. (what would be the point of redundant information?)

AGBeer,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom