Puffit-X

MTBerVAPEer

ibikeivape
I like the stealth asthma inhaler idea for medical patients.
But reading through this thread, this new puffit has just as many (if not more) failings as the original.
Exactly Iwas one of the first users of the thing. And with years of vapoRizer experience. Final conclusion getta solo arizer. Off ebay 120$ cheaper than anywhere

MTBerVAPEer,

st-tches

Hey guys, so the general opinion seemed to be that I packed it too tight. So I unpacked it and packed in some fresh bud via the very first method I used (After my first vape I had switched over after everything I saw said "pack it full very tightly," so I was packing it full and as tight as I could for a while) and at first it did produce some vapor (Also, I should mention I followed 1_gr8_underdog's instructions), but at some random point I guess it stopped, as when I started a sesh with my brother after a couple draws we checked and no vapor was coming out. I know it wasn't just the herb or something because after 8 draws each (Slow as hell and until it shut off automatically) and waiting about 45 minutes we felt nothing and just wound up giving up and loading the semi-ABV'd bud into my bubbler. I don't know what the problem is, I've played with the temperature some more as well and nothing works. It is getting hot, and the bud appears to be getting vaped (Although after 16 total draws it was still not a very dark brown and seemed to still be rather potent when smoked), but it just doesn't work. I did feel a "...am I high or not?" feeling, where I felt like it might have worked a tiny bit, but my bro disagreed and I'm pretty sure it was either placebo and/or lightheaded-ness. I did email the company about getting a refund, but I doubt I'll be able to get one and I'd still appreciate some hopes of getting this working.

It's a shame, because I love the design and it just feels nice and slick, but I can't take this bull shit any more. If it ends up taking a ton of work just to get the fucker to work as advertised I want my money back so I can throw in a bit more money and get something that works out of the box. It doesn't help that there's little to no actual documentation/tips for this anywhere. On that note, though, it's worth a mention that I got a surprising amount of help in a surprising amount of time over here, thanks!

st-tches,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Im almost thinking its not getting hot enough.. Can you show us pics of abv? Or in this case, heated up leaf.

KidFated.,

st-tches

Im almost thinking its not getting hot enough.. Can you show us pics of abv? Or in this case, heated up leaf.

Sorry, set it up to get emails when there were thread updates but I guess I just didn't get one lol. Anyways, sorry, I smoked it before I posted my first post xD I'll try to describe the color though: It was a mid-brown, with a tiny bit of green in there. Definitely not too dark of a brown, but noticeably browned. It's got a really noticeable smell to it, and frankly I'm not too fond of it (The smell) lol, but not a weed-y smell, because certain members of my family believed me when I said it was a "weird herb" I'm using to stop smoking cigs, with smoke that stuck on my hoodies xD

I forgot to answer this question originally, but regarding the actual herb: It's not particularly moist, but not dry. Fairly crystally and sticky to an extent, and a brighter shade of green if that makes a difference. A bit fluffly, and there was a really tiny stem (Couldn't even be felt with the bud, I had to pull it out of the ABV with scissors because my fingers were too clunky) in the most recent bowl, but I'm also sure not every bowl I tried consisted of (a) stem(s).

Also, about how many hits does it take to feel anything? When I vaped a friend's MFLB I took around 14 hits and wound up completely fucked for Philosophy 101 lol, but I feel jack shit with this thing.

I contacted DiscreteVape asking about a refund, and while I doubted (and still doubt) I could ever get a refund, I had heard great things about their customer support. Well, I didn't get a response. The main reason I am interested in a refund is because with the $200 (I'm in Wisconsin, only had one [expensive] shipping option for 7-15 day shipping and no tracking) I spent on this shit-covered asshole, lol, I feel like kicking myself in the teeth for not throwing in the extra $50 for the Pax.

st-tches,

Amblacalma

Hi,
someone can tell something more after a few days of use?
I see differents opinions about the smell after a regular use of the Puffit X.

I'm interested in buy a stealthy portable vaporizer and I really liked this but reading your reviews and opinions about the Puffit my idea is decreasing.

Do You think it haves another major problemas? I read the battery endure near 90min.

Thanks for the help

Amblacalma,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I just dont think its very good, my buddy bought one and i didnt care for it, that same buddy is now pretty much inheriting my pinnacle.

Which i didnt "love" either but gets work done

KidFated.,

st-tches

Hi,
someone can tell something more after a few days of use?
I see differents opinions about the smell after a regular use of the Puffit X.

I'm interested in buy a stealthy portable vaporizer and I really liked this but reading your reviews and opinions about the Puffit my idea is decreasing.

Do You think it haves another major problemas? I read the battery endure near 90min.

Thanks for the help

I haven't been able to use it that much more yet, I started running low on bud and didn't wanna waste it on the Puffit-X so I went the traditional route. Should be getting an o tomorrow and might test the Puffit-X again soon, but I don't know, it seems like such a waste when I can just smoke and not deal with that bullshit. After all, one of the main reasons I smoke is to not have to deal with bullshit lol, so it's kind of counterproductive.

I just dont think its very good, my buddy bought one and i didnt care for it, that same buddy is now pretty much inheriting my pinnacle.

Which i didnt "love" either but gets work done

I had heard many people thought it wasn't very good, but I was most interested in the design. Needless to say now I feel like giving myself a nice big curb stomp for not throwing in another $50 for a fucking Pax with similar stealth, more portability (Anyone that has an inhaler will probably tell you it can be uncomfortable in a pocket at times, though I did know that going into this and is not the issue I have with it), and... oh, I don't know, it WOULD HAVE WORKED!

st-tches,

c0rpse

Has anyone ever put e-juice soaked cotton in one of these? I would love to have a portable mini fog machine. It would pair nicely with my keychain strobe light!

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
Yea I just got a friend into vaping and he bought this :|:doh:. He loved how it looks but can't seem to get good hits. I told him in the vape world what looks good might not be the best. Lesson learned he is still working with it and wanted to know if it will last.

$unnyblaq,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
Hi all,

I've tested more times the Puffit X. IMO, they have to improve the taste of vapour. I think they have to change the silicone tube for a glass tube, I think the flavor is the biggest problem in the vape. At the beginning, plastic taste is always in vapour, but it's necessary to clean the silicone tube very well. With the use and the cleaning, the plastic taste is reduced.

This vape can vaporize solid concentrates very well. I like this vape with concentrates.

A pair of videos, one of them, shows a visual comparative of vapour at different temperatures, and the second one is a test with bongs, but it was not very well.

uhranium

So, got my puffit yesterday and am kinda disappointed (mostly because I didn't check this thread beforehand)

1. Battery-Life: yeah sure it's a small thingie with not that much place for a battery but with a 2hour running solo or a small thingie like an ipod nano touch to compare it's still super weak. Also recharging with USB takes soo fin long, couldn't get the AC Adapter to run because ofc there is no EU adapter in the package.

2. The Vapor: while I' getting nice visible vapor out of my solo in 9/10 times, it's quite the difference for the Puffit. Maybe this is just psychological because I still get high from this thing, but not as much as I should be.

3. The "press 3 sec for 10 sec of vaping" is so tideous. It's like using a volcano ballon with a size of half a football.

Like on my volcano I heat 1min and then vape for 3-5minutes, with my solo I fill the chamber and vape for 12 minutes. With the puffit it's all pressing buttons and watching the lights. It seems like a vape for people who want less than ten hits on less than 3 days a week who will be satiesfied with his high due to low tolerance.

4. The smell, oh my god how did I underestimate the solo when I thought clean weed smell was normal. No ISO at hand so I'm stuck with that for now.

All in all it seems like a gimmick vapo you'd get with a snorky comic-magazine for adolescent mid-twenties.

What I like about it is the stealthyness and the forced fan if you heat it up to 8, let it sit for a cycle and then pump it into your lungs because we are to lazy to breath at that point.

uhranium

Took my puffit for another 10m session and managed to get some clouds with inhaling less per cycle and the plastic taste has decreased a bit (I guess it's not accustomization)

uhranium,

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
Hey, So it seems there is a new puffit called the p2. it has no fan anymore- 4 temps smaller then the last two and can do oils and is supposed to be cheap, around the price of a mflb or flowermate. im still kinda interested in this so lets see how the model turns out. id love to see a review or try one myself soon.

$unnyblaq,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@$unnyblaq where did you see a puffit p2 ? I just tried a online search and couldn't find any info at all.

I always liked the stealth idea behind the puffit but couldn't bring myself to pick one up due to all the horrible reviews and actual size of the unit, so a smaller one that works would be sweet.

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
I saw it on FB on vapefiends page it was a post with pics and info i think he said he'd have it by Christmas

$unnyblaq,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Hey, So it seems there is a new puffit called the p2. it has no fan anymore- 4 temps smaller then the last two and can do oils and is supposed to be cheap, around the price of a mflb or flowermate. im still kinda interested in this so lets see how the model turns out. id love to see a review or try one myself soon.
I ran into the Puffit guys recently. We get our lunch from the same place.

Top Bottom