PUFFiT portable

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
"VaporBoxed, post: 229616, member: 5703"]New color. Blue looks more realistic.
AtaNn-7CQAEj8Fd.jpg
[/quote]
Blue looks similar to a ventolin
Ventolin.jpg

spanner

I would suggest caution with the blue color just in case any kids took it by mistake as this is the same as ventolin

spanner,

JoeKickass

I would suggest caution with the blue color just in case any kids took it by mistake as this is the same as ventolin

I'm sure the media would spin it like that but think about it, how often do kids even get a look at your vape? Let alone a kid with asthma getting the chance to pick it up and try it out...

Even if I wasn't worried about people seeing my vapes I still wouldn't just leave them lying around simply because they're so expensive, it's like leaving your phone unattended....

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Thanks for your presence here Andrew and answering all our questions. Is it possible to combust and how easy is it to take apart and clean?

RE:Combustion
No that's not an option with this unit. We incorporate redundant temperature sensors and make effort to tightly control the peak and average temperatures in the heating chamber. Nobody likes a scorched blend so we placed a pretty heavy importance on making sure we had goof thermal control

RE: Cleaning
Not much to take apart really. the heating chamber is easily accessed through the top cap (1/4 turn and lift off). Then a cotton swab and a little Iso propyl does the trick. It's not waterproof however so I don't recommend running it through the dishwasher :D

Ive never used brotherswithglass, anyone have any experience with them. Also, i am kinda skeptical because they said they were gonna be selling it exclusively through gotvape earlier...unless brotherswithglass has a deal with gotvape already?

RE: Distribution
Got Vape is the master North American distributor. This means that they will be facilitating all of the United States & Canada orders, but Got Vape will be working with all of the major distributors like Vapor Nation, VaporStore, and VapeWorld along with Sub-Distributors like VaporOutlet, PuffitUp.com, & Brotherswithglass to name a few.

It may take a while for units to make it out to all your favourite online and brick and mortar shops but be patient we're ramping up as fast we can!

Cheers
Andrew

Puffit Vaporizer,

druminfected

I was about to pick one of these up but I don't see a blue color option. When will these be available and what store? thanks!

druminfected,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Let me Clarify for you, Got Vape is the master North American distributor. This means that they will be facilitating all of the United States & Canada orders, but Got Vape will be working with all of the major distributors like Vapor Nation, VaporStore, and VapeWorld along with Sub-Distributors like VaporOutlet, PuffitUp.com, & Brotherswithglass to name a few. Thus if you purchase a PUFFiT through one of these authorized online retailers or your local shop the 1 year warranty will be honored.

tell me puffitup will carry it

stickstones,
Reactions: darco

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
I was about to pick one of these up but I don't see a blue color option. When will these be available and what store? thanks!

RE: The Blue One!
The photos posted on our Twitter and Facebook feeds is a Prototype only at the moment! Initial units will be going out in classic Black! But We Hope to be offerning colour options (including the blue) in the near future.

Cheers
Andrew

Puffit Vaporizer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Here are some other "interesting" looking colors. I used to use the orange one a long time ago . . .

images

You could always go with a print . . . these weren't real but the joke does demonstrate how common these devices are becoming.

druminfected

RE: The Blue One!
The photos posted on our Twitter and Facebook feeds is a Prototype only at the moment! Initial units will be going out in classic Black! But We Hope to be offerning colour options (including the blue) in the near future.

Cheers
Andrew

Awesome thanks Andrew! I would love to get this right now, but color actually does matter sometimes, and this is one of them. The blue ones look easy on the eyes, and have that medical look to it, if that makes any sense, but I'll wait until the blue ones come out. Please let us know when!

druminfected,

elevation

Interesting device. Reading the manual it seems like it's pretty useless if the user can't tell the difference between solid red (standby) and solid green (ready to hit) on the LED though......like 12% of the men in this country have trouble doing.

Too bad the human engineering wasn't a little better thought through, some of us have just been written off the potential customer list.

You might note what Herbal Air did to correct this problem on V2.2, even though their machine could actually be used by color blind patients (the user didn't need to read the LED to use it, unlike here).

OF

As a color blind patient i am very glad someone is talking about this.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Maybe they could make the red blink twice fast and once slow and the green solid. There could be a pattern that would allow a colorblind user to tell the difference between these two states.

It would have to be different then solid green, solid red, or slow blinking red.

OF

Maybe they could make the red blink twice fast and once slow and the green solid. There could be a pattern that would allow a colorblind user to tell the difference between these two states.

It would have to be different then solid green, solid red, or slow blinking red.

That would work fine I think. And cost nothing, really, as it's a firmware change. The key is the designer has to know there's a problem for other guys. It's not realistic to expect non handicapped folks to automatically understand the issue, someone has to tell them I think. It's definitely not taught in Engineer school (by instructors who basically are never color blind, having been selected out of the running long back in some cases and being minor cases in others?).

I once worked on a 'burn in chamber' who's controller had a single light bulb showing to the user. As the controller got to the 'proportional' part of the band (where it starts to throttle the heat back in anticipation of making temperature on the rise) the duty cycle of the flashing changed. It went from flashing briefly on every few seconds as it heated to being on longer and longer times (it would 'wink off') just before going solid. You could tell from across the room what was going on. I can understand the 'we'll make it green then' idea, fully, and it usually works fine that way.

So yes, lots of useful solutions. Even potential improvements for all like HA did on their V2.2 upgrade, but someone has to be aware of the problem.....

Thanks for understanding, not everyone does you know.

The "yellow" one always looked "orange" to me. Guess I'm color blind as well ;)

The ironic part is how would you know? It's not like there's holes in the view of fall trees or anything. Ever see the dot color blind tests? It's not even easy to test for that way. I got branded 'stupid' in kindergarten for using the wrong color crayons and it stuck until my early teens when I went to the eye doctor for the first time and he found it in a routine check. Interesting change in self perception that brings on, let me tell you.

Fun in a way, isn't it? Also very frustrating sometimes as you might imagine.

For now, some more 'normal' guy will have to test this interesting machine for me I guess.

OF

OF,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
RE: Distribution
Got Vape is the master North American distributor. This means that they will be facilitating all of the United States & Canada orders, but Got Vape will be working with all of the major distributors like Vapor Nation, VaporStore, and VapeWorld along with Sub-Distributors like VaporOutlet, PuffitUp.com, & Brotherswithglass to name a few.

It may take a while for units to make it out to all your favourite online and brick and mortar shops but be patient we're ramping up as fast we can!

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for responding Andrew! I am very excited about your product and cant wait to test it out

Mynameismud,
Reactions: vape4life
Top Bottom