PUFFiT portable

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ive never used brotherswithglass, anyone have any experience with them. Also, i am kinda skeptical because they said they were gonna be selling it exclusively through gotvape earlier...unless brotherswithglass has a deal with gotvape already?

Mynameismud,

hatfieldsmama

for the colorblind folks, i too am colorblind and to be honest it definitely depends from case to case whether or not i can tell green from red. i have multiple chargers like the one for the v1 and the one for the persei. i can tell when the persei charger is green, but not the v1 charger. soooooo unless youve seen these led's in action i wouldnt be so quick to jump to conclusions.

hatfieldsmama,
Reactions: darkrom

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I get that there may be a problem for the color blind. My point is that it is not fair to attack this vape for this 'defect' when others have not undergone the same scrutiny. The Cloud most certainly has this 'defect'. It has one light source that alternates between red and green. The Solo uses different lights, but the green one is on top and the red one on bottom. So if we are going to classify this as a 'defect', then it needs to be applied everywhere, not just here. For the record, I do not consider it a 'defect'. It's not going to work for everybody and wasn't meant to.

Now, let's get back on topic. The color LED issue can have its own thread in the General Vaporization forum if anyone cares to continue the discussion.

stickstones,
Reactions: vape4life

OF

i can tell when the persei charger is green, but not the v1 charger. soooooo unless youve seen these led's in action i wouldnt be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Understood. And peripheral vision is often better at detection as well. It varies a lot from type to type (there are many) and individual to individual as well as lighting and other conditions.

But I was speaking to the general idea of not allowing for color blind folks, not myself. Sometimes it's like that. It's sure to be a problem for some poor sod, and there's no need for it save ignorance.

OF

gvape

How long is the battery life of this vaporizer? Ie, what happens after 90 days of continual use? Can we replace the battery inside or do we need to purchase a new unit? I imagine the life span of the battery can not be forever good.

gvape,
Why is a vaporizer product or company involving the word 'puff' suprising? And why is some type of vapor symbol surprising in the logo. Just because it's similar to Puffitup doesn't mean there's any intent to rip off or capitalize. It's quite possible they've never even heard of Puffitup. If I were Puffit Vaporizer I might well find your rip off claim offensive, so I'd lay off that type of comment if I were you. •Don’t attack products or companies. .... posts written to offend are not allowed

Yes, "puff' isn't a surprising name to see on a vaporizer, and I never said it was. And is the similar green/white color theme, both because it looks nice and it might speak to the intended consumer. But, c'mon.

Is it just me, or does their logo look familiar? :shrug:
29enn2g.jpg

piu_logo.gif

I didn't at all mean to offend, and was certainly not attacking anyone, but rather I meant to call attention to something I saw as an offense against a great company. I've enjoyed good customer service from Randy at Puffitup and didn't cotton to the look and feel of the entire motif and name. If Randy applauds the notice then I'll shut up entirely on the issue past this post, and I apologize for any offense.

Pity that "Inhalater" was already taken, it would of been a good name for this model.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Agreed^^

I was actually surprised to find out this isn't made and/or sponsored by the Puffit guys with that name and logo.

Or is it..?

mod note- The dealer is PUFFITUP. The manufacturer is PUFFiT. Similiar doesn't mean identical. There should be no confusion and no issues.

OhTheAgony,

musicisevil

Hello all!
I am a frequent lurker to FC (which stands for something much more vulgar in my vernacular), that signed up specifically to post on this thread. As a long time head and vape enthusiast, this product is really exciting to me in terms of form and function. Detracting from this thread with posts from the manufacturer (always a good thing), is a lot of nonsense about "defects" and logo theft.
@OF
No offense, but it seems to me that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As I understand it, this device has an "on demand" heatng element, if you will. Click->heat->draw->standby. Is it really going to be that inconvenient for you to draw until there is no vape and click again? It sounds to me as if the LED indicator is mostly a convenience feature, and not an integral part of the function of the unit. Perhaps you glazed over post #42 in which it was stated that the single LED flashes while the unit is in heat up, regardless of color, and is solid while ready or in stand by. At worst you would be drawing from it while in standby. Even if that isn't how the LED functions, your condition hardly renders this unit useless to you.
Just because some manufactures made the choice to modify their products for a supposed 12% of their target demographic (simply because 12% of the entire population has an affliction, hardly implies that the percentage of end users for any given product will be the same. Could be higher or lower) doesn't mean that all will or should. Especially not on the first model of the device.
I agree with sticksstones, and wish that the manufacturer would respond to the questions about battery replacement and heat dissipation. If these turn out t be on-issues I would preorder one in a heart beat if I was still able. If they aren't addressed, or I find these issues to be deal breakers, I won't buy one. I would recommend the same to you OF. I have no problem waiting for version 2.0 even if it comes with a $280 price tag. Who knows, that imaginary future model may even feature dual LEDs for a minuscule, whiny and boisterous portion of its consumer base.

-Kyle

mod note- If you decide to continue posting, please read the rules, found under 'Help'.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hello all!
I am a frequent lurker to FC (which stands for something much more vulgar in my vernacular), that signed up specifically to post on this thread. As a long time head and vape enthusiast, this product is really exciting to me in terms of form and function. Detracting from this thread with posts from the manufacturer (always a good thing), is a lot of nonsense about "defects" and logo theft.
@OF
No offense, but it seems to me that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As I understand it, this device has an "on demand" heatng element, if you will. Click->heat->draw->standby. Is it really going to be that inconvenient for you to draw until there is no vape and click again? It sounds to me as if the LED indicator is mostly a convenience feature, and not an integral part of the function of the unit. Perhaps you glazed over post #42 in which it was stated that the single LED flashes while the unit is in heat up, regardless of color, and is solid while ready or in stand by. At worst you would be drawing from it while in standby. Even if that isn't how the LED functions, your condition hardly renders this unit useless to you.
Just because some manufactures made the choice to modify their products for a supposed 12% of their target demographic (simply because 12% of the entire population has an affliction, hardly implies that the percentage of end users for any given product will be the same. Could be higher or lower) doesn't mean that all will or should. Especially not on the first model of the device.
I agree with sticksstones, and wish that the manufacturer would respond to the questions about battery replacement and heat dissipation. If these turn out t be on-issues I would preorder one in a heart beat if I was still able. If they aren't addressed, or I find these issues to be deal breakers, I won't buy one. I would recommend the same to you OF. I have no problem waiting for version 2.0 even if it comes with a $280 price tag. Who knows, that imaginary future model may even feature dual LEDs for a minuscule, whiny and boisterous portion of its consumer base.

-Kyle
Kyle,
I think OF if perfectly capable of deciding which vaporizers he chooses to invest in on his own. He's done it successfully in the past, and I would wager that he'll be just fine picking out his own toys in the future.

Just because someone offers their opinion on a new product doesn't necessarily make them "whiny and boisterous", although in OF's case you may actually be on to something....

So welcome to FC. A word of advice if you care to take it: we try very hard to "be nice" around here.

:peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
that imaginary future model may even feature dual LEDs for a minuscule, whiny and boisterous portion of its consumer base.
Its a legitimate concern for the product. Kyle, OF never whines. He is articulate, intelligent, knowledgeable and spends a lot of time here helping others. We are lucky to have him as a resource and hopefully as you spend more time here, and read his posts, you will find his content a little more to your liking?

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
HI Guys.
Sorry for Taking so long to get back to you, Our first Pilot Production run happens next week so we are crazy busy trying to tie up all loose ends to make sure we're getting a complete and reliable product out the door!

Most of the questions Have been about the engineering and function of the device so I'll start by letting you know the driving factor behind the design.

"Discreet"
Meaning it can be used in everyday (or night) situations without drawing unwanted attention or disturbing those around you.
So this guided most of the decisions we made when developing the unit, after all it wouldn't be very discreet if when it reached temperature it Announced in a loud Optimus Prime voice "Vaporizer Ready!" (although it would be kinda cool!)
So everything from the shape and size to the method of use (Click->Puff->put away) was guided by by this principle.
We also endeavored to keep it priced sensibly. This means we couldn't put in every bell and whistle we wanted. (it would be even cooler if it Transformed like Optimus Prime!)

So like all good designs there are some compromises, but we like it and we hope you do too!

RE: The Battery
Replaceable?
No it it is not user replaceable , we considered this but it would have affected the size and complexity of the device (and as a result the cost)
Lifetime?
Th PUFFiT uses a integrated Lithium Ion battery with similar chemistry and capacity to a modern smart phone and if you treat it right it should last a couple years without issue. This means turning it off when done (replace the mouth cap), keeping it charged regularly, topping it back up before it goes flat, and not letting it go flat and leaving it there (this is the WORST thing you can do to a lithium battery) so our mantra is "If you're not using it; Plug it In!"
Warranty?
We are simply passing on the warranty provided by the battery manufacturer. Look around and you'll find that some other vaporizers offer similar warranty terms.

Re: Getting Hot
We the whole point of a vaporizer is to get Hot so it's kind of goes with the territory. The Aluminum cover that goes over the blend chamber takes the brunt of the load (it was designed in part as a heat sink) the Top cap can get a bit uncomfortably hot with prolonged use. Which is why we provide an option silicone heat guard to protect tender fingers. The rest of the unit will get warm to the touch after a lot of use but not dangerously so. The outer casing is made of the same High heat materials that things like Hair dryers are made of the heat chamber surround is made of food grade silicone and ultra high heat polymer.
We place the warning in the instructions that you should let cool before putting away...simply because it's good common sense!

Re: Operating with the Blend Chamber empty?
Simply another common sense precaution reduces the chance of temperature overshoot and saves wasting valuable battery charge!

Re: The LED Sequence?
We're sorry if we've excluded anybody. It was most certainly not intentional. It's feedback like this from users and potential users that makes it possible to evolve a design and bring out better products in the future! thanks for the feedback.
We actually tested a couple of different LED lighting patterns and this one was the most intuitive to users and we were trying to stick with the Discreet ethic so we kept the LED indicator small and unobtrusive.

Re: The Logo?
We have been in touch with Randy from Puffit-Up. We both had a "LOL" moment. It is an Honest coincidence. We filed for trademark on the PUFFiT name months ago and around the same time we commissioned a design house here in HK to create logo for us, we just liked this one best.
If there really is any issue I'll let Randy comment further.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Andrew
Lilly Rucky Ltd.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
So like all good designs there are some compromises, but we like it and we hope you do too!

RE: The Battery
Replaceable?
No it it is not user replaceable , we considered this but it would have affected the size and complexity of the device (and as a result the cost)
Lifetime?
Th PUFFiT uses a integrated Lithium Ion battery with similar chemistry and capacity to a modern smart phone and if you treat it right it should last a couple years without issue. This means turning it off when done (replace the mouth cap), keeping it charged regularly, topping it back up before it goes flat, and not letting it go flat and leaving it there (this is the WORST thing you can do to a lithium battery) so our mantra is "If you're not using it; Plug it In!"
Warranty?
We are simply passing on the warranty provided by the battery manufacturer. Look around and you'll find that some other vaporizers offer similar warranty terms.
Hi Andrew, I'm pretty interested in the vape if it's really as good as it sounds- it's looks like it could be a great design and pocket friendly alternative to sucking on an ecig tube. However the battery issue could concern me a little- it's great if it lasts a year or two, but what do we do if it fails after 4+ months? Will you service batteries outside of the warranty period, and would this require shipping to HK?

The outer casing is made of the same High heat materials that things like Hair dryers are made of
We're a pretty technical bunch around here and I'm sure many if us would like to know the material, if you're able to share? It seems we'd be putting it in out mouth, after all.

Re: The Logo?
haha, might've guessed, thanks for the answer- it needed one. Great that you and Puffitup can LOL. It's a questionable design house though IMO- I just can't believe they didn't see it. Maybe they were hoping you'd pick one of the other options? lol But if it's all good between you guys then I'm sure FC members will be happy enough.

WatTyler,

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Re: Battery Service.
Right now the only service depot is in Hong Kong. (we're just getting off the ground right now) but as things progress we hope to be setting up to provide technical service and repair in North America. We'll keep you posted!
Traditional Customer service and warranty will be handled in the most part by our Friends at Got Vape. But we of course we'll try to answer all of you queries through our web site as well.

Re: Material
Main Housing is High Heat ABS. Heat Chamber Surround is 10% Glass Filled Nylon and food grade silicone.
But the part that goes in your Mouth (there is a removable "hygienic cover") is made from Food Grade Polypropylene so it's basically Tupperware.

Cheers
Andrew
Lilly Rucky Ltd.

Puffit Vaporizer,
Reactions: WatTyler

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks for your presence here Andrew and answering all our questions. Is it possible to combust and how easy is it to take apart and clean?

vape4life,

OF

Re: The LED Sequence?
We're sorry if we've excluded anybody. It was most certainly not intentional. It's feedback like this from users and potential users that makes it possible to evolve a design and bring out better products in the future! thanks for the feedback.
We actually tested a couple of different LED lighting patterns and this one was the most intuitive to users and we were trying to stick with the Discreet ethic so we kept the LED indicator small and unobtrusive.

Thanks very much. I'm sure you didn't intentionally exclude anyone (not the sort of thing a Capitalist looking for customers does...), and it's certainly not something someone without the affliction could be expected to see. While it may not be understood, the idea is now....great! Hopefully it can be easily and cheaply added to a future version, perhaps through firmware so the physical design stays the same.

Thanks again. Hopefully it will lead to more patients being able to take full advantage of your unit and a few more sales to help your efforts.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ogcook

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks very much. I'm sure you didn't intentionally exclude anyone (not the sort of thing a Capitalist looking for customers does...), and it's certainly not something someone without the affliction could be expected to see. While it may not be understood, the idea is now....great! Hopefully it can be easily and cheaply added to a future version, perhaps through firmware so the physical design stays the same.

Thanks again. Hopefully it will lead to more patients being able to take full advantage of your unit and a few more sales to help your efforts.

OF

:D It's amusing that in a discussion about colour blindness hampering usability, you'd change your text colour to white, thus rendering it invisible to me and anyone else using one of the xF styles.:rofl:

OF

:D It's amusing that in a discussion about colour blindness hampering usability, you'd change your text colour to white, thus rendering it invisible to me and anyone else using one of the xF styles.:rofl:

Very sorry, for sure not what I was looking for.....

I'm not big on such things and this editor got locked into the other color text. I took a guess at the default color and when it came up close I figured 'close enough for jazz'..... I honestly don't know what "the xF styles" is....and hope I can protect that blissful ignorance.

Not to quibble with an Hombre or anything, but I wouldn't call it amusing, rather ironic. Which I guess is also amusing?

OF

OF,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
When I first saw this on the GotVape website I chuckled. My first thought was FINALLY!!! Someone decided to make a vaporizer that looks like an inhaler... How stealth is that! If it works as good as it looks then this could be an AMAZING stealth vaporizer. This one actually has my hopes up. Puts new meaning to the phrase puff puff pass.

Slightly Medicated,
Top Bottom