PUFFiT portable

OF

Interesting device. Reading the manual it seems like it's pretty useless if the user can't tell the difference between solid red (standby) and solid green (ready to hit) on the LED though......like 12% of the men in this country have trouble doing.

Too bad the human engineering wasn't a little better thought through, some of us have just been written off the potential customer list.

You might note what Herbal Air did to correct this problem on V2.2, even though their machine could actually be used by color blind patients (the user didn't need to read the LED to use it, unlike here).

OF

mistergyro

when are the first orders due to ship? do you have any videos of this being used? looks great!

mistergyro,
oh-wow-this-looks-cool.jpg

VaporBoxed,
Reactions: DubCRider

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Noooooooooooooo exclusively through gotvape!?!?!?! Are you not going to be selling it through your own website? Thats the only company that wont ship to my state!

Mynameismud,

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Quick answers:

No you Cannot use it while Charging (this is a limitation of the USB standard)

No Video's yet...soon!

We are Shipping our first units to Got Vape in the next 10 day or so. They will have to dole them out according to demand (which I gather is rather high) so I'm not sure when they will be available for different parts of the Country.

Thanks for the Interest Folks.

Happy Vaping. :ko:
Lilly Rucky Ltd.

Puffit Vaporizer,

weedemon

enthusiast
this thing looks and sounds very promising! i look forward to hearing more about it! :)

weedemon,
Looks interesting, also looks like they ripped off the Puffitup name and logo as Stu pointed out.

Can't wait for a review from a trusted member.

charliedontsurf,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah well in those cases the vapes have more than one indicator light which makes it possible to discern. In this case it may well be impossible for a color blind man to use it; a large oversight

CentiZen,
Reactions: Sinclue

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Can the user replace the battery? If so, how easily?

What materials are in the air/vapour path?

The manual says it gets hot and you should let it cool before putting it away. What parts heat up and how hot do they get? It also says not to use it with an empty chamber. What happens if you do?

pakalolo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Interesting device. Reading the manual it seems like it's pretty useless if the user can't tell the difference between solid red (standby) and solid green (ready to hit) on the LED though......like 12% of the men in this country have trouble doing.

Too bad the human engineering wasn't a little better thought through, some of us have just been written off the potential customer list.

You might note what Herbal Air did to correct this problem on V2.2, even though their machine could actually be used by color blind patients (the user didn't need to read the LED to use it, unlike here).

OF

I'm certainly one of those 12%

and BTW: Whats the deal with the ripped off Puffitup.com logo

sunsett70

I never heard this complaint about the Cloud, or the Solo, or the Extreme, or any other vape for that matter. Red and green are pretty common throughout the world as stop and go, color blindness notwithstanding.

yes, stickstones, color blindness is exactly the issue. and the manufacturer either missed the comment or choose to remain quiet to an issue brought up by a FC member. a legitimate issue, imho.

sunsett70,
Reactions: Sinclue

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I never heard this complaint about the Cloud, or the Solo, or the Extreme, or any other vape for that matter. Red and green are pretty common throughout the world as stop and go, clor blindness notwithstanding.
And port and starboard!

OF, I read the instructions and it seemed the steady red and steady green were separated by flashing red during heat up, and orange after during reset. So if you can catch it when it's orange it might be less of a problem. I know little about colour blindness- is orange also an issue?

I sympathise though- it sucks being a minority. Perhaps not quite a stark an impairment, but I'm one of the global ~10% that are left handed can't use a tin opener, struggle with scissors, need custom guitars, banjos, gunstocks, special HMK curves, the list goes on. You should see the smudge of my hand on my handwriting... writing sure wasn't developed by a southpaw. But, the same as red and green, it's how the world has evolved. Doesn't mean it's not too late to start changing (well maybe it is in the world of navigation where red and green are used for a reason).

I second pakalolo's question about the battery. 90 days is not a very long warranty, and I'd be worried if the unit has to be shipped to China for a new battery.

And what is the story/connection with puffit/puffitup's logo?

Kaptan

It states in the instructions of the device that the led indicator flashes red slow while it heats and when it's up to temp the led will be a green color. It is my understanding the way it was written, that the led will not be flashing when it is up to temp.

Kaptan,

OF

I never heard this complaint about the Cloud, or the Solo, or the Extreme, or any other vape for that matter. Red and green are pretty common throughout the world as stop and go, clor blindness notwithstanding.

Good point. Notice how those stop and go light positions are standardized? That is red is at the top? Wonder why that is? Or take the color they choose for green....it's carefully chosen for this very reason. Some of us can't tell flashing red from flashing yellow until close enough to see the frame even.

Yes, red/green LEDs are common. Because they're easy and cheap to make, not because the colors are effective in all cases. They simply are not. I'm not making this up, it's real.

Of course you don't see it, that's exactly the point. Why would you know or 'hear' of it if it didn't effect you? Just exactly why do you think HA upgraded the light show for V2.2? And again, it's not necessary to use the HA is it? The LED there is on the level of the ones on my car radio, basically useless but not necessary to using it. In this case if the user can't tell red from green on that LED he can't use the device, right? Any number of schemes flashing (fast, slow, alternating, winking, etc) in addition to the color could easily have been programed into such a device.....if the engineers didn't have normal color vision. Actually, in an ironic way, over half the folks with this handicap either don't know it outright or find out later in life. How would you know? The answer is you don't until some testing confirms it.

No big deal, there are lots of other vapes that don't have this defect. Yes, I intended 'defect'.

OF

OF

OF, I read the instructions and it seemed the steady red and steady green were separated by flashing red during heat up, and orange after during reset. So if you can catch it when it's orange it might be less of a problem. I know little about colour blindness- is orange also an issue?

I sympathise though- it sucks being a minority. Perhaps not quite a stark an impairment, but I'm one of the global ~10% that are left handed can't use a tin opener, struggle with scissors, need custom guitars, banjos, gunstocks, special HMK curves, the list goes on. You should see the smudge of my hand on my handwriting... writing sure wasn't developed by a southpaw. But, the same as red and green, it's how the world has evolved. Doesn't mean it's not too late to start changing (well maybe it is in the world of navigation where red and green are used for a reason).

First, thanks for the compassion, it's a hard thing to understand for sure. Yes, if you concentrate on the LED it should work fine. But the nature of the machine says you're going to glace down to see if the device is red for not hot enough to use, or green for ready to hit. The orange part is OK with most color blindness (there are a bunch of kinds) but red/green is far and away the most common. As is colorblindness in general (about the same level as those left handed folks you cite, 12% give or take), ironically almost all male (seems the genes are for normal color vision, so women get two chances, guys get lack of it from their mothers).

Say, for instance have that green LEDs flash briefly off every second or so (wink), different from flashing (more like 50/50 duty cycle). The red LED on my charger actually winks like this, hard to even notice unless you look for it....which is the idea.

Yes, 'red right return' only works well for some. For those that don't follow, that's the convention you keep red sea markers on your right coming into port or going up river. Again it's backed up by careful color selection (LEDs are generally confusing colors due to the physics involved, the 'sea green' LED on HA being an exception for many) and shape on sea markers are used as well. But I'm not to be trusted for 'passing ships in the night'.

Also an excellent point the problem can be changed over time, but not if folks don't see it (sorry, but the pun was just sitting there doing noting....).

OF

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I think its hilarious that no one has recognized that the device is an altered asthma spray! I use one all the time for my ventolin. Device looks cool, possibly promising - I look forward to a few reviews from veteran vaporists.

mvapes,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Quick answers:

No you Cannot use it while Charging (this is a limitation of the USB standard)

No Video's yet...soon!

We are Shipping our first units to Got Vape in the next 10 day or so. They will have to dole them out according to demand (which I gather is rather high) so I'm not sure when they will be available for different parts of the Country.

Thanks for the Interest Folks.

Happy Vaping. :ko:
Lilly Rucky Ltd.

Will you be selling it though your website as well or any other sites like vapeworld.com , or is it only exclusivly through gotvape? Because gotvape refuses to ship to Pennsylvania and I am very interested in buying this vape?

Mynameismud,

JoeKickass

I think its hilarious that no one has recognized that the device is an altered asthma spray! I use one all the time for my ventolin. Device looks cool, possibly promising - I look forward to a few reviews from veteran vaporists.

I had a big picture of one asking if anyone felt their asthma coming on back in the original thread hahaha, perfect disguise imo, what else do can you breathe out of without being noticed??

max

Out to lunch
Looks interesting, also looks like they ripped off the Puffitup name and logo as Stu pointed out.
Why is a vaporizer product or company involving the word 'puff' suprising? And why is some type of vapor symbol surprising in the logo. Just because it's similar to Puffitup doesn't mean there's any intent to rip off or capitalize. It's quite possible they've never even heard of Puffitup. If I were Puffit Vaporizer I might well find your rip off claim offensive, so I'd lay off that type of comment if I were you. •Don’t attack products or companies. .... posts written to offend are not allowed

Top Bottom