• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco wax pen

tharealmclovin

I've heard rumors that it won't be backwards compatible, but the original coils will not be going anywhere for awhile.

tharealmclovin,

lomein07

This new Puffco Plus whole ceramic cup heating element looks like a game changer. No wire leads touching the wax, likely no silicone gasket needed to prevent leaks and potently melt. Don't know why this hasn't happened sooner. A couple of my Source Orb Terra donuts have slightly melted/burned silicone gaskets.

Looking forward to reviews!

lomein07,

rsqemt911

I wonder if we can use our old batteries.
You can't. Differnt threading. I just picked mine up at a local shop. Apparently even though they didn't go on sale online until 12 all the shops here that were selling them when they opened. All distributors received 5 units to sell. I was number 3. 2 other shops were sold out.

rsqemt911,

Danksta

You can't. Differnt threading. I just picked mine up at a local shop. Apparently even though they didn't go on sale online until 12 all the shops here that were selling them when they opened. All distributors received 5 units to sell. I was number 3. 2 other shops were sold out.

Bummer.

Congrats getting one. Let us know how you like it.

Danksta,

galacticdad

i wonder if FC-15 still works as a discount code at checkout. reaaaally interested in one of these but i can't buy one at the moment :huh:

galacticdad,
Reactions: rsqemt911

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Very Interested in this as an upgrade to my Divine tribe atty's but what threading are they using? 510/ego 610 or something proprietary? I don't want to have to buy there battery too. I have plenty of batteries.

mrbonsai420,

galacticdad

I saw these Source Vapes E-Nails, is it the same concept? A cup without any coil inside, can choose from titanium, ceramic, or quartz.

https://www.sourcevapes.com/collect...able-enail-510-attachment?variant=18927883206

Seems like coiless cups might be an emerging trend.

It seems like it, with the idea that being that Puffco's can do more convection-style heating whereas the Source one can only heat from the bottom. Puffco uses ceramic and that looks like all titanium to me.
I too am pumped that this is becoming a thing! Maybe that old vape-pen taste will be a thing of the past soon?

galacticdad,
Reactions: lomein07

rsqemt911

I saw these Source Vapes E-Nails, is it the same concept? A cup without any coil inside, can choose from titanium, ceramic, or quartz.

https://www.sourcevapes.com/collect...able-enail-510-attachment?variant=18927883206

Seems like coiless cups might be an emerging trend.
That thing looks like a wax pen knock off of the dr Dabber boost/bolt/ect.

I'm gong to venture it's a piece of crap since it's a crappier technology than the before mentioned units and they use a much bigger battery and nail and perform sub par. And clunky. I've seen other versions of bubblers on wax pens that work much better and are more ergonomic.

rsqemt911,
Reactions: lomein07

lomein07

Cool I'll see what the Puffco Plus reviews are like then. Was just looking around since I wasn't so happy that the Puffco has proprietary threading and can't be used with other batteries.

lomein07,

rsqemt911

Cool I'll see what the Puffco Plus reviews are like then. Was just looking around since I wasn't so happy that the Puffco has proprietary threading and can't be used with other batteries.
The new battery is pretty sweet. It has a session setting that keep the pen on for 12 seconds without having to hit he button. It also has a soft silicone button instead of that hard one on the pro.

rsqemt911,

Danksta

Yea I'm going to pass. Not paying $100 to use their donut atty when there are other options that are cheaper and don't force a battery on me. Bummer.

Danksta,

rsqemt911

Yea I'm going to pass. Not paying $100 to use their donut atty when there are other options that are cheaper and don't force a battery on me. Bummer.
It's not a donut atty. the entire cup is solid ceramic with the wires inside the cup internally. Nothing to break or come in contact with the wax besides heated ceramic. And it's pretty much the same price as all the other pens in the same market. This one comes with any extra coil where the others don't. You end up paying the same in the long run. Of course if you don't like it there are plenty of other choices out there as well. Really depends on how much you use it and what your looking for in performance.

rsqemt911,

AVENTUS

Copped one of these and it really is better than any other compact/stealth pen on the market, in many ways. I still feel like the bottom two temps on my Hypnos Zero are better in several ways, than the Puffco* on green heat, more on that later.

As for the PUFFCO+, the number 1&2 advances are:

1. Quick release threading to access chamber.
-This I feel is even better than Doctor dabblers magnetic connections. Nearly just as fast, but more secure in a pocket during active times, and no risk of the magnets damaging data if in a purse or backpack with a hard drive or laptop etc

2. The Dart.
-I'm all about terpy live resins over shatter, and this tool is perfect for doing that, as well as popping the inevitable bubbles that will always occur during low temp bubbling hits. Great addition.

I feel both of those advances are even more important than the ceramic bucket atomizer chamber, since the Kandypens Gravity and Linx Hypnos zero are pretty much just as good in that regard. With the Linx being even more efficient on its lowest two temps. (Although the main knock on the Linx is that the zero pose could fill out the chamber floor more)

I also really like the feel and construction, but the gunmetal chrome finish does show fingerprints and skin oils really bad. And sometimes the quick release threading is slightly too quick, and will make someone drop the mouthpiece in surprise for how quick it releases. Whereas the brushed stainless finish on the Linx doesn't show fingerprints or oil, and always stays secure and attached strongly, anywhere.

So as I said before, I feel like the reason I still prefer the Linx, is that on its lowest blue temp (320'fahrenheit), I don't get any CBD, CBN, or relaxing indica terpenes, so I can basically get energetic daytime Sativa effects on healthy/combustion-less, completely invisible ghost hits, even from an indica concentrate. Low temp vaporizers, whether herbal or concentrate, have always been great for this type of "effect customization", from any source material.

Now, on the flip side, the faster/hotter heating of the PUFFCO+, on its lowest heat (green), does produce stronger more medicating effects, especially with pain relieving terps and cannabinoids (I suspect PUFFCO+ lowest heat is 390-410), even better than the Linx on its second heat setting (green 375'fahrenheit), and every bit as well as Linx on its third temp (yellow420'fahrenheit), But with just barely less visible vapor than yellow on the Linx.

I hope PUFFCO makes plus batteries in the future with more than three temp settings, and maybe adds a tiny tiny bit more threading for more security during activity on the quick thread mouthpiece.

Other than that, this is a top 2 pen in the world, and I haven't even bothered trying the higher two temps yet.

Good work, PUFFCO !

rsqemt911

Doesn't look like it would work well with shatter. :cry:

Actually it works really well. I have some dispensary stuff that is like hard candy and does not melt at all. I kneaded it into a small bb sized ball and just dropped it in the bottom. You can also heat up the dart with a lighter a little bit to warm it to cut the shatter if it's really brittle and fractures easily.

rsqemt911,
Reactions: Crohnie

lomein07

Really quiet on here. Anyone else got one and have opinions? Puffco's instagram is getting flooded with complaints about poor or nonfunctional performance. They uploaded a video on how to properly test it and the complaints are still coming.

lomein07,
Top Bottom