1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Puffco wax pen

Discussion in 'E-cig Based Portables' started by rsqemt911, Aug 12, 2014.

1. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

As for my drilling, I urge others to drill only the side holes on their atomizers first, and only if they find airflow insufficient at that point, to then drill in the mouthpiece.

i love how free the airflow is with al the holes but others may think the hits are too airy.

2. tylerj55

tylerj55 Well-Known Member

Sorry for such a late response, school has been really been piling up lately lol. http://relytsdk55.tumblr.com/
    I only have two posts and they are both a video of the Plus atomizer on the mod in TC mode, and also a pic of the adapter used. The center pin has to be brass/gold it seems, as my other 510 adapters without that type of center pin have not worked.

3. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

[​IMG]

Holes at that exact height, allow more airflow than holes placed above them, but aren't too low where they will interfere with inner ceramic support structures. I think two on opposing sides works very well with the combo hole in the mouthpiece.

I will eventually try to cross drill another two on the first atomizer which starts to get long in the tooth, and then test airflow, while covering up the carb hole on the mouthpiece.

Anyone else trying this same experiment, I would advise to drill four holes on just the atomizer walls and report back before drilling a carb hole in the mouthpiece.

I have another idea I am also going to do with the drill press.

PPN likes this.
  4. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

Has anyone else drilled the airholes on their puffco ? How many here own puffco plus pen ?

5. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

It's a great pen, utilizing HIVE CERAMIC in it's chamber. This might be the first pen, along with the linx Hypnos Zero and Kandypens ELITE, that make people realize pens finally don't suck.

HIVE CERAMIC IS :
    • MEDICAL & FOOD GRADE
    • CHEMICALLY INERT
    • NON CORROSIVE
    • ALL NATURAL
    • NONPOROUS

They just have to free up the airflow, and at that point, it may be the best pen on the market.

6. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

My Source 40w mod box stopped noticing the Source attys today...so I dropped by a LHS today and picked up a Puffco Plus. I can't say too much yet, but the atomizer is more or less what I was hoping/expecting from the Source Terra 2 or Source nail attys since they are coil-less. The Puffco is narrower as it goes down but it is also much deeper than the Source attys so I anticipate less leaks with this one. I did notice airflow was a bit restrictive...might have to find my drill later but I have some reading to do first.

7. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

i recommend not drilling the mouthpiece, until you have drilled two holes in the atomizer first, then if that airflow isn't enough for you, try 4 around the atomizer, and only the mouthpiece if you still want more airflow after that.

I love free airflow, so my likes may seem extreme to some. But two holes or four holes in only the atomizer, may be sufficient for your needs.

Also drill slowly and with light pressure, and blow off the brass dust frequently, so that when you finally do break thru, little to no dust falls into the newly modified airpath.

8. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

Does anyone else feel like the airflow holes being so low on the walls actually had multiple negatives instead of just one ?

1. Obviously it prevents from loading large loads and enjoying the pen all day while out. Which is the whole point of pens is that they're portable and discreet for on the go.

2. Incoming air actually pulls bubbling concentrate away from from the bottom heat source of the cup, and makes it stick to the walls, or the collar of the dart which then causes clogs and even concentrate being pulled up into the mouthpiece.

This results in having to clean the pen way more often, and it sucks.

They need to rethink airflow in multiple ways to avoid these downfalls, as these Maladies occurred with or without drilling/modification, and with or without the dart in. Airflow holes so low are the least progressive and most dysfunctional part of this pen's otherwise very advanced state of the art design.

9. Bangjr

Bangjr Member

Noticed that PIU has the Plus...enjoy...

10. thegoo

thegoo Well-Known Member

Has there been any information on the upcoming release of the Puffco Pro 2? I just get an email that the pre order was open, but I was not even aware another pen was on the way...

11. toros23

toros23 Well-Known Member

They have been putting out information via Instagram since last week. It is just an update to their first coil-based pen.

12. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

So what has Puffco spent all this time on the last year ?

It certainly wasn't improving airflow or function or temperature settings on the plus ? Maybe they will. We'll see later this year.

As for this "new" single coil pen:

Pros:
    1. Sesh mode (which all new releases should have some form of, in 2017)
    2. Tapered atomizer base (reclaim pools closer to coil)

Cons:
    1. Single coil (2013 af)
    2. Coil glows red (850'f+) - wastes wax with combustion, creates carcinogens like benzene, carbon monoxide, etc
    3. Airflow coming from underneath coil
    ---A. Will clog without cool down hits with any type of concentrate
    ---B. An immediate non-starter for terpy extracts, distillates, RSO, Co2 oils, or any melted down concentrate in liquid state
    4. Puffco just had an overheating problem with the chamber's on the plus, so Gasket to hold mouthpiece on sitting directly on outside of atomizer is concerning depending on how hot these atomizers get, and what the material itself is (high temp buna-N maybe?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this is a terribly outdated release, but I guess sadly there is still a demand from the lesser educated dab pen consumer, for the same old thing with sesh mode.

Def won't be copping.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors