Puffco Peak

toros23

I'm glad folks kept reporting their good experiences with the Peak because I was about to give up. I was measuring surface temps of the bowl (mine actually runs about 50 degrees hotter on each setting) and trying different materials, but in the end the issue was that I was pulling way too hard. Slow and easy pulls are the way to go with this one, now getting some huge, tasty clouds on lower settings. I was overwhelming the heater pulling like I would with a rig. Just not enough surface area to go at it like that. Old habits hard to break, but this thing is hitting like a champ at low temps for me now.

toros23

Last night I busted out my CCA Liger gear and the 20mm buckets actually fit inside the Peak. It is not a perfect fit but is definitely a good enough fit to be functional. Was very surprised how nicely these buckets actually fit, although I would not recommend anyone go buy them for this.

If anyone else has any buckets would be curious to see what others think. Tested my sapphire and SiC and both take longer heat up times than the ceramic but it definitely works. Just playing around, I'm sure in the end I will prefer the bowl made for the device.

tylerj55

So I just got mine today and I’m in love. I’ve been packing the quartz bowl i took from my source nail atomizer and loading it into the atomizer and running at the highest temp. Works really well and is a lot less messy. I can’t wait for all of these inserts... I use my crystal star bubble cap instead of the included cap, what about everybody else?

Last edited:

biohacker

Planetvape got back to me... no idea when they will receive stock. Apparently Puffco delivers to all their priority orders/customers etc. in "batches" just in case there are any issues.

The early adopter feedback has been more than impressive! :rockon:

mutten840

I have had several of my friends try it and they were all blown away with how well it worked and the efficiency of how many great hits you got out of such a small amount of concentrate.

I also found the Eternal quartz is making quartz inserts. I have ordered 2 to try and will report back with pics and such, once they land.

Lastly, I would highly recommend signing up on the reservation list on Puffco. If you dont find one, you will most likely get one through it as they are trying to keep the reservation list moving quickly =)

It doesnt require a deposit and they will send you a link when your unit is ready =)

mutten840

@tylerj55 I have not found any of my caps to fit well. But am def hunting for a replacement. The one that comes with the peak works fine. But could def be improved upon =). I have found I really like the sesh mode. I take my hit, then double pump the power button to bring it back to temp. I have enough time to exhale and relax for a second before its ready to hit again. I do this up to 3 times to keep my dab experience solid while taking back to back hits. This thing is really amazing at how user friendly the functions are.

Kronedabber

Okay so got my peak and I’m having serious issues with my hits. I’m getting no cloud. No matter how strong I pull the dab burns off and vapor doesn’t even look to travel thru the vents in the atomizer? Am I missing something? Haha sounds dumb but did I get a dud peak? I mean even with a small dab I should have some claim or residual in the glass? I have none! Any advice will help !

Kronedabber,
Reactions: mutten840

mutten840

@Kronedabber What temp you trying on and can you shoot a pic of your setup. I found I had to adjust mine a little to get it lined up with the intake (It felt hard to draw through) I am mainly using the red and white temps and have been really loading it up to see if it can take it. So far its winning =P

Are you loading cold and starting it up. Or starting it , then loading?

Let us know about the above and hopefully its something easy to sort =)

Kronedabber

@Kronedabber What temp you trying on and can you shoot a pic of your setup. I found I had to adjust mine a little to get it lined up with the intake (It felt hard to draw through) I am mainly using the red and white temps and have been really loading it up to see if it can take it. So far its winning =P

Are you loading cold and starting it up. Or starting it , then loading?

Let us know about the above and hopefully its something easy to sort =)
@mutten840 I’ve ran green and red. Test grain size dab, thought maybe wasn’t pulling hard enough. Ran red cold start and warm up then glob. Maybe tinkering with alignment will help, although did notice on testing my thumb over the atomizer and doing a dry pull so to speak after removal of my thumb I got little to no carb. Maybe it has to align just right. Hate wasting good stuff ‍♂️

Kronedabber,

mutten840

@Kronedabber it might be good to shoot an email to puffco, just in case there is an issue. My unit has been destroying me on the green, red, and white settings. I also don’t feel a ton of drag when pulling. But I also had to twist it a little while drawing and I could feel it open up while I was turning it

Kronedabber

@Kronedabber it might be good to shoot an email to puffco, just in case there is an issue. My unit has been destroying me on the green, red, and white settings. I also don’t feel a ton of drag when pulling. But I also had to twist it a little while drawing and I could feel it open up while I was turning it
@mutten840 tha is bro for the quick tips, I have sent an email to puffco. Obviously after hours I would a reply tomorrow some time. Also will try during work hours for online support via chat. It’s late and work that early bird shift so went to some wedding cake flower and saved my sour d batter and will do some testing when I get off work Thanks again, I’ll get a video out as well. Don’t know the forum rules on new member video. Gotta look that up. Can I post right video right away.

Kronedabber,

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I love the green and red setting. Figuring it all out and it's very easy to just start back up. Has standby or you can power down after it auto shut off. In order to change temp after it auto shuts off you have to hard press and then you can cycle by single pressing then proceed to activate heating when desired. Man I'm getting floored like a normal rig no joke really digging this thing.

toros23

@mutten840 tha is bro for the quick tips, I have sent an email to puffco. Obviously after hours I would a reply tomorrow some time. Also will try during work hours for online support via chat. It’s late and work that early bird shift so went to some wedding cake flower and saved my sour d batter and will do some testing when I get off work Thanks again, I’ll get a video out as well. Don’t know the forum rules on new member video. Gotta look that up. Can I post right video right away.

Did you line up the outer hole in the glass attachment with the atomizer? I think that is the first thing they will suggest to you. If that checks out, hold your thumb over the opening above the bucket (while cool to touch) and then give it a good pull. Do you feel it pulling with your thumb? Is it creating a lot of suction? Is air getting through someplace else?

Check your air path for sure. I am never able to get a good seal with the rubber piece attached (kind of sucks because of the design) but if I remove that rubber piece and cover with my thumb directly on the metal, I can get a solid seal where no air gets through. Might want to check if you can do the same.

Zachlu415

Did you line up the outer hole in the glass attachment with the atomizer? I think that is the first thing they will suggest to you. If that checks out, hold your thumb over the opening above the bucket (while cool to touch) and then give it a good pull. Do you feel it pulling with your thumb? Is it creating a lot of suction? Is air getting through someplace else?

Check your air path for sure. I am never able to get a good seal with the rubber piece attached (kind of sucks because of the design) but if I remove that rubber piece and cover with my thumb directly on the metal, I can get a solid seal where no air gets through. Might want to check if you can do the same.

Anyone having issues with the atomizer connection? Wasn’t having this problem at all before and only have had the thing for a week...I cleaned out the threads with iso, even though they still looked brand new... and I’m still getting the rainbow light that indicates poor or no connection. Help! I love this new tech, but not when it’s broken

Last edited by a moderator:
Zachlu415,

clukx

Anyone having issues with the atomizer connection? Wasn’t having this problem at all before and only have had the thing for a week...I cleaned out the threads with iso, even though they still looked brand new... and I’m still getting the rainbow light that indicates poor or no connection. Help! I love this new tech, but not when it’s broken
what teml setting maybe you burned out the atty if on high and using sesh mode

clukx,

clukx

Ahhh damn didn’t even think about that...used white mostly and sesh mode almost every dab
I think we found your problem then, gotta think it's still sort of like a 510 wax atomizer you don't wanna let it get too hot for too long

Zachlu415

I think we found your problem then, gotta think it's still sort of like a 510 wax atomizer you don't wanna let it get too hot for too long

Still you’d think that a well designed unit like this would be able to handle it!

Zachlu415,
Reactions: clukx

stonedhammer

There’s a warning in the back not to use sesh mode more than 4 times in a row and to let it cool down a minute in between. Does anyone’s ceramic bucket have a ton of buildup? I don’t know if I just didn’t clean it out well enough a couple times or if the bottom is just supposed to darken and glaze up

Zachlu415

There’s a warning in the back not to use sesh mode more than 4 times in a row and to let it cool down a minute in between. Does anyone’s ceramic bucket have a ton of buildup? I don’t know if I just didn’t clean it out well enough a couple times or if the bottom is just supposed to darken and glaze up

Ya I didn’t fully read that part, idiot lol I was too damn excited when I first got it... you can torch the cup back to the initial condition, it looks great after and it can handle it

Zachlu415,
Top Bottom