Puffco Peak

mutten840

The air path is pretty small between the dish and the glass. I have had no issues with mine getting mucked up. But in the pics I took, I tried to light up the path to show how small it is. I think a Qtip with a little ISO could knock it out really easy (If needed)

The dabs have not splattered out of the dish so far. But the unit doesn't need a lot of concentrates to get several hits. Its surprisingly efficient and overloading is not needed. Qtip out and double pump the button to start it up again =)

http://s893.photobucket.com/user/mutten840/library/peak

Last edited:

szai

The air path is pretty small between the dish and the glass. I have had no issues with mine getting mucked up. But in the pics I took, I tried to light up the path to show how small it is. I think a Qtip with a little ISO could knock it out really easy (If needed)

The dabs have not splattered out of the dish so far. But the unit doesn't need a lot of concentrates to get several hits. Its surprisingly efficient and overloading is not needed. Qtip out and double pump the button to start it up again =)

http://s893.photobucket.com/user/mutten840/library/peak

It sounds like a winner! No wonder even the employees were bidding on that recycler. Guess a lot of people like their peak a lot!

Is the airpath clean? I can't tell from your photos. I'm on a phone.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow I'm an idiot, many thanks @mutten840 for the pictures to set things straight. Your photos clear up everything I was having trouble relaying from what I had seen on the device.
The vapor path is actually completely different from what I was thinking. I thought vapor went down and then up directly through the bottom of the kuzel, but it actually just goes through that slit and directly into the glass piece. More like the inlet of a quartz banger.

@mutten840 I hope it's alright if I post your picture here so skeptical people like me can understand how the vapor actually travels from the insert to the glass. It's pretty smart how the air inlet on the glass enters at that specific angle, I thought the vapor came from below the silicone and all had to pass through it, but it seems like it might do a pretty good job at injecting into the glass and not really getting too dirty around there?

FB084943-3CC0-41D8-8A36-1CCADF80CEA6.jpeg

mutten840

@invertedisdead it stays remarkably clean as there is no splash out of the dish, unless you really overload it. Based on the way the threaded portion would end up holding any loose concentrates that might escape. But I don't think you would have much buildup after a good run of use. I have cleaned my glass a few times and have not seen anything outside the ceramic insert =)

Also please feel free to post any pics I sent :tup:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So I pulled the trigger and scooped one of these. They are pretty sweet. I have yet to have a bad experience and the sesh mode feature is tits!!! need a little more time for your dab, hit the sesh mode and it extends your dab by getting back up to the set temp. I was surprised on how much smaller it was and the function is smooth like butter =)

This is really a great device if you can afford the price point =)

I have also seen one blower make a sick recycler piece to fit on the peak base. Eternal quartz is also making Quartz inserts. So there is already different people looking to build off the peak unit. This to me is a great sign of things to come =)

interested to hear how this ends up fitting into your rotation and how it holds up over time.

on the go units for concentrates never really appealed to me, but with the quartz inserts dropping, I'm suddenly interested

Erikim

What's a good price for this? I can get it for 315 here in Canada. I'm SO tempted now! Props for the pics!
if its from cream city vapes, you may want to look elsewhere. Friend had placed an order from them with their promo code, and now they are issuing a refund because they are not sure when they will be receiving their units.

My only concerns with this unit is my own tolerance. LMAO! portable herb vaporizers and oil pens have been very underwhelming for my use. Omicron came close to potency and effect but my v2 was a pain in the ass to fill up.

Hoping to get some in depth feedback on those with high tolerance, and whether this truly offers a comparable experience when on the go.

szai

okay guess I should pull the trigger, only thing holding me back now is what i've been reading about the company and their products, so super apprehensive. But loving the feedback so far!

I get your apprehension I kind of felt it after finding out, that cool looking concentrates vape was from puffco. You gotta hand it to them they're getting some positive reviews and press. That recycler going for a grand is pretty huge imo.

mutten840

@Erikim I consider my self a heavy weight and this thing is great. I am feeding it THCA sauce and live resin and just getting crushed. I think it will partially depend on what you are feeding the peak. The live resin def vapes easier than the thca. But both tasted great and I feel like it really surfaces the flavors of whatever you are dabbing. I can get 2 cleanups with one end of a Qtip and about 2 or 3 good hits out of a small amount of concentrate (Like a few pieces of rice worth)

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Anybody notice the bowl has a low pitch sound when turned on to heating?

CG420,

mutten840

@CG420 I just checked and I do hear the noise. But only if my ear is close to the unit. Otherwise I would of never heard it. I did notice it went away on the second heat up (sesh mode!!!)

mutten840,
Reactions: CG420

szai

@CG420 I just checked and I do hear the noise. But only if my ear is close to the unit. Otherwise I would of never heard it. I did notice it went away on the second heat up (sesh mode!!!)

What exactly does sesh mode do and how long can you take doing it?

Any things you wish they done differently?

More temp control maybe?

szai,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@Erikim I consider my self a heavy weight and this thing is great. I am feeding it THCA sauce and live resin and just getting crushed. I think it will partially depend on what you are feeding the peak. The live resin def vapes easier than the thca. But both tasted great and I feel like it really surfaces the flavors of whatever you are dabbing. I can get 2 cleanups with one end of a Qtip and about 2 or 3 good hits out of a small amount of concentrate (Like a few pieces of rice worth)

Hows the battery life treating you? Can it get a heavyweight user through a solid days worth of dabbing, or do you find yourself still craving a puff from the Hexnail combo?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: biohacker

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I got maybe a dozen sessions out of a charge. I was also using the sesh mode quite a bit to extend my dabs. Charging only takes an hour or less.

Does it have passthrough to work as a plugin enail at home or is that discouraged? USB is nice, that means it can be recharged with one of those portable battery packs! Perfect for off grid stoning..... :science:

szai

What's the best price available? Cream City has it for 323. It looks pretty sweet!

szai,

mutten840

Its hard to say as some are actual pre orders and not buy now. If you can get it under 379.00 US, you are doing good =)

mutten840,
Reactions: biohacker

clukx

I will post another pic of the airpath must have been an upload issue
https://imgur.com/a/B5AHa
The goldish looking spot in the middle of the silicone airpath is the 510 connector for the atomizer, and I've cleaned my silicone with hot water and a q tip every charge have not used iso anywhere but the glass yet
@biohacker I've had good customer service dealing with puffco

Last edited:
Top Bottom