Puffco Peak

rrnarewatt1

SiC inserts.. several have talked about them and some say they didn’t work well. I can only talk about Fadespace. I got mine awhile back and it didn’t work well. Then I started not pressing the lid down all the way and it hit like a champ. Fadespace contacted me the other day to see if there was a little bump/imperfection on the bottom of the insert. There was. If this is on yours as well, send him a pic and ask for a new one. He sent me one and it works like a champ now. He said they found very few like this but low and behold mine was one of them. It just wasn’t fully flat in the atomizer.

Best

Jeff
Hmm, I was having the same issue. Couldn't tell if it was my atomizer or insert. Mine seems to be scratched up at the bottom. Was that what was happening with yours? Could I see a picture of the bump on the old insert if you still have it? I messaged him a picture with some rust on the bottom of mine but he said it shouldn't affect performance. I've been having to lift the lid to get any decent amount of production and even still it isn't as much as I hear people rave about it.

Thanks!

rrnarewatt1,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
He told me $360 shipped when I asked - not sure when he's gonna make more but I'd say based on how much I use the Peak currently... and how much I think that would enhance my experience... I don't think it's an awful price. Of course I'd like it to be cheaper, but it's reasonable.

I wish you could just buy the base without anything else, that way people that want aftermarket glass can just get straight to it. It seems like it's really easy to have $1000 dollars in one.

Pfennz

Hmm, I was having the same issue. Couldn't tell if it was my atomizer or insert. Mine seems to be scratched up at the bottom. Was that what was happening with yours? Could I see a picture of the bump on the old insert if you still have it? I messaged him a picture with some rust on the bottom of mine but he said it shouldn't affect performance. I've been having to lift the lid to get any decent amount of production and even still it isn't as much as I hear people rave about it.

Thanks!
I don’t have a pic but it was literally a bump on the bottom that would prevent the insert from laying flat. Not scratches.

Pfennz,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Glad to hear you're enjoying. Keep up proper maintenance and it will continue to deliver. I'm pretty glad I bought mine.

I'm messing around with the (wrong) insert I got from EQ today again. I finally got my marble cap too, which I much prefer to the Puffco bubble cap.

Using an opaque bottom quartz insert on red, with 3x ruby beads. Pretty good on both flavor and clouds.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Broke the atomizer today :bang:. I went to clean everything. Put it back together and tried to do a few white heats to burn off any lingering iso and clean the dish a little. That didnt really do much so i took the dish out to torch clean and then put it back together and got the rainbow light. and took it apart and the heater just fell right off the prongs. I did have a little struggle getting the lid back on but i dont think i pressed down weird or hard enough to snap it but who knows. It had to of been either the successive heats or putting the lid back on.

I have been using the atomizer since the beginning of September pretty much daily multiple times a day. So got about 5 months out of it which i cant complain about. Especially considering Id have spent at least $40 on butane in that amount of time and probably would need a new banger around now which would be $100+

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Put it back together

Roger has repeatedly talked about wanting to "close" the next atomizer, so stuff like this doesn't happen. He says most failures are due to people taking it apart, and we should just drop the whole thing in iso. Course this would blow, since that'd mean no aftermarket buckets anymore.

I don't bother taking mine apart at all now, unless it's to switch buckets. I'll always iso it before taking it apart to ensure the bucket isn't stuck to the heating element (due to splashback, etc), and doesn't rip the heating element from the actual atomizer when I pull the bucket off.

I've had this current atomizer for like 2 months, 2.5 months? I'd say I use my Peak at LEAST 5 times daily. I haven't taken out my enail in probably just as long as I've had this atomizer.

Also I've got the opaque bottom EQ insert dialed in. Gettting great results on red with 2x ruby beads, and the EQ marble cap. I think EQ will actually be sending me the thin bottom, opaque insert I actually ordered though, so hopefully will get to test that and end up using blue/green rather than red.

Anyway I have no idea what the point of this post was. Just did a wake n bake dab after this pizza-induced nap I took and I'm all messed up.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I can’t wait till I can be on the Peak train. Friday I’m going to pick up some Papaya Cake Live Rosin and some Solventless sugar. Already changed ceramic bowl because I had some garbage that I used to just test the peak out. I want to have a fresh bowl. Everything is clean as a whistle. I can’t wait.

Also, have 3 spare atomizers on hand just in case LOL :-)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I can’t wait till I can be on the Peak train. Friday I’m going to pick up some Papaya Cake Live Rosin and some Solventless sugar. Already changed ceramic bowl because I had some garbage that I used to just test the peak out. I want to have a fresh bowl. Everything is clean as a whistle. I can’t wait.

Also, have 3 spare atomizers on hand just in case LOL :-)

The ceramic gets pretty dirty pretty quick and it's hard to get it spotless.

I finally got some chazz on the opaque insert yesterday, even with the ruby beads in there. I put the insert in DC glass cleaner in a shot glass and microwaved it for 5 sec, then 10sec, and after a qtip it was spotless in <1minute

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Roger has repeatedly talked about wanting to "close" the next atomizer, so stuff like this doesn't happen. He says most failures are due to people taking it apart, and we should just drop the whole thing in iso. Course this would blow, since that'd mean no aftermarket buckets anymore.

I don't bother taking mine apart at all now, unless it's to switch buckets. I'll always iso it before taking it apart to ensure the bucket isn't stuck to the heating element (due to splashback, etc), and doesn't rip the heating element from the actual atomizer when I pull the bucket off.I
Yeah Im aware of the issues. My atomizer was completely clean, i soaked it in iso over night already had it apart, the dish wasnt too dirty so i attempted a couple burn offs on white which didnt do much so i took it apart to torch the dish and when i put it back together i had the rainbow light and the heater was snapped off.

Wish I didnt throw my broken coil away. I found a guy doing coil repair kits they come with 5 heaters, a tool to help put them together and instructions.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Wish I didnt throw my broken coil away. I found a guy doing coil repair kits they come with 5 heaters, a tool to help put them together and instructions.

Saw that too, wonder how those are.

I still have a brand new atomizer from Puffco as a backup, and 2 extras that have seen some use but aren't completely broken, so I'm not too worried.

Also the new atomizer will be out in less than 2 months I'm thinking, so it won't matter soon.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Saw that too, wonder how those are.

I still have a brand new atomizer from Puffco as a backup, and 2 extras that have seen some use but aren't completely broken, so I'm not too worried.

Also the new atomizer will be out in less than 2 months I'm thinking, so it won't matter soon.

Yeah I just ordered the 3 pack of atomizers and the atomizers have lasted me a really long time so I dont really need it but gonna grab it anyway between the aromizers i have and the rebuild kit I should be good until the peak 2 comes out.

I dont have any faith in the “new” atomizer. Has there been any info about whats different or any pics of it besides Roger using it on his live feed

Mynameismud,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I dont have any faith in the “new” atomizer. Has there been any info about whats different or any pics of it besides Roger using it on his live feed

It looks taller, that's about it, unless someone else has info or was able to discern something.

I never really get to see how much he loads, but he gets way thicker vapor with shorter pulls on it than what I get on the stock atomizer.

muunch,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It looks taller, that's about it, unless someone else has info or was able to discern something.

I never really get to see how much he loads, but he gets way thicker vapor with shorter pulls on it than what I get on the stock atomizer.

Hes usually using artist peak attachments in his live videos though. Ever since I got a different glass attachment with a different perc than the stock peak uses ive been able to get much better vapor production

Mynameismud,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hes usually using artist peak attachments in his live videos though. Ever since I got a different glass attachment with a different perc than the stock peak uses ive been able to get much better vapor production

Why would that effect vapor production?

invertedisdead,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Why would that effect vapor production?

plenty of factors that effect vapor(at least visible vapor)

The distance the vapor travels
Constricted/Unconstricted air paths
Slits versus Holes
The volume of the perc
The volume of the glass, how much water it holds how much airspace is left over etc...

The more space in the perc, the longer the air path to your mouth, the amount of constriction in the airpath, the amount of water used all contribute to condensing the vapor before it hits your mouth and staying trapped in the glass as reclaim.

Thats why the stock peak glass works better with shorter consecutive draws as opposed to hitting it like you normally would hit a glass rig with a banger

Mynameismud,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

All the ones I've seen in the past 2 weeks it looks like he using the stock one, unless there's an aftermarket one that has the exact design of the stock ones. He's been stresstesting the new atomizer afaik, and I haven't even seen any of his aftermarket attachments... I've been following his IG for only 2 or 3 weeks though.

Honestly, mine works pretty good with the stock glass... And this opaque bottom quartz insert has been delivering as well... I'm actually glad I busted it back out, cos my first few uses with it were disappointing, but it's all I've used the past 2 days.

I hit mine pretty normally. I give harder pulls on my enail rig due to riptide cap+beads... can get instamilk with super hard pulls from that. I don't pull hard on the Peak (splashback/water in mouth, spillover of oil onto heating element, etc) but I consistently pull... always hitting sesh mode while still hitting cos apparently I load decent amounts.

I just hit it normally til I'm done (either tapout, or I clear the dab) then qtip. Maybe I'm loading too much for practicality, but it works well for me since I'm not trying to use it outside of the house for the moment.

muunch,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I have a question. Can anyone answer?

In the manual it states:

“Sesh Mode:
Haven’t reached your peak? We got you covered. We created a sesh mode that increases heat and extends your session by 15 seconds. Use it to boost heat, or to share with your friends.
If vapor production is low, double click to initiate sesh mode. Still not enough? Damn you’re hardcore, sesh again! You can double click as many times as you want to keep the session going.”

However, a little further down it says:

“Do not fire atomizer 4 times consecutively”

What the hell does that mean? LOL

newVaper420,
Reactions: Pfennz

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
All the ones I've seen in the past 2 weeks it looks like he using the stock one, unless there's an aftermarket one that has the exact design of the stock ones. He's been stresstesting the new atomizer afaik, and I haven't even seen any of his aftermarket attachments... I've been following his IG for only 2 or 3 weeks though.

Honestly, mine works pretty good with the stock glass... And this opaque bottom quartz insert has been delivering as well... I'm actually glad I busted it back out, cos my first few uses with it were disappointing, but it's all I've used the past 2 days.

I hit mine pretty normally. I give harder pulls on my enail rig due to riptide cap+beads... can get instamilk with super hard pulls from that. I don't pull hard on the Peak (splashback/water in mouth, spillover of oil onto heating element, etc) but I consistently pull... always hitting sesh mode while still hitting cos apparently I load decent amounts.

I just hit it normally til I'm done (either tapout, or I clear the dab) then qtip. Maybe I'm loading too much for practicality, but it works well for me since I'm not trying to use it outside of the house for the moment.
Ah nice i havent seen any recently maybe last time i checked was probably around december and he was using some recycler.

I found smaller consecutive hits worked better with the stock attachment where with the attachment i use now i just hit it like a regular rig also no issues with splashback which is awesome

I have a question. Can anyone answer?

In the manual it states:

“Sesh Mode:
Haven’t reached your peak? We got you covered. We created a sesh mode that increases heat and extends your session by 15 seconds. Use it to boost heat, or to share with your friends.
If vapor production is low, double click to initiate sesh mode. Still not enough? Damn you’re hardcore, sesh again! You can double click as many times as you want to keep the session going.”

However, a little further down it says:

“Do not fire atomizer 4 times consecutively”

What the hell does that mean? LOL

the ceramic heater that the dish sits on is prone to thermal shock so if you heat it to hot without letting it cool down it can crack and break. Basically just Give it a few minutes between dabs.

For instance you dont want to hit it and use the boost 4 times in a row.

You also dont want to heat it then use the boost then immediately heat again and use the boost again...

Also if you dont use the boost dont go through 4 heat cycles in a row...

Mainly just give it a min or 2 to cool down between dabs and you shouldnt have any issues

Mynameismud,

medicalmark

Medicalmark
I’ve had 1 defective base 1 atomizer, good thing Theres a new kid on the block, which in my option so far with my limited dabbing ability since I’m waiting for a new carta. Still performs better and is smoother more efficient then the peak.
When they design the new atty it will be even better if it performs like it does now.
Cheers, medicalmark

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well apprently the dont fire 4 times in a row thing has nothing to do with the atomizer breaking and is more so you dont burn your dabs according to roger in his live feed

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Strain central talked about some kind of class action lawsuit, something about selling a bunch of units that are defective. I got a good chuckle since mine was defective

This was addressed in the live - there's nothing besides rumors yet.

I'm interested to see if it actually goes anywhere, because it seems like only some (very vocal) folks are the ones having repeated issues.

Still rocking the opaque bottom, good to go on green and red. Still sticking with mostly red though.

muunch,
Top Bottom