Puffco Peak

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Also you can torch the ceramic dish to clean it
I did see a video of them torching the dish. I did not know it has a SS cup surrounding the ceramic cup. I would like to see more pictures of the atomizer assembly if you ever can. Especially that SS cup.

Any chance you have a micrometer? Would love dimensions on that cup!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was really hoping to see some more reviews and videos of this one by now. Anyone able to take a picture of their ceramic cup after several days or a week of use. Does it stain easy? Not a big deal. Does it gunk up any or does it swab clean like a typical enail? Is there much waste/pooling? What does this thing look like after 1 week of use? I really want to see what one looks like after a month of use.

Is anyone using theirs 3-5 times a day on a daily basis? Thats about how often I use my enail. Can this really replace an enail?

I would love to see an uncut and unedited video of someone taking 2 or 3 dabs off this thing with some good video of the meltdown in the atomizer.

I really wish there was one locally I could try before I buy.

Yeah I hear you, would be nice to see some real pictures of the vapor path.

clukx

Can I upload pics through the site or do I need to link from a third party like imageshack ?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I found a new video review of the Peak with a 15% discount. So now the question is how much value in time is comparable to $38? The reason this is the question is because I can order now for $323 with the 15% off or wait until Puffco has a 25% storewide sale on 420 like they do every year and get it $38 cheaper at $285?

jules172

Hey friends! Mine arrived today. Actually hits like a rig. I have th dabado pro 2 to compare to, as well as a normal rig with a toro grail.

My dry material vapes include The Mighty, the Grasshopper and the Pax 3 just to know where I’m coming from. I’ll post some pics and a vid tonight if you like.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My concern with silicone being a key part of the vapor path is it will collect a lot of reclaim condensate, so how do you clean it without promoting further break down of the silicone? Solvents and terps hate silicone.

clukx

As long as it's not too gunked up I would think hot hot water on a qtip?

clukx,

biohacker

My concern with silicone being a key part of the vapor path is it will collect a lot of reclaim condensate, so how do you clean it without promoting further break down of the silicone? Solvents and terps hate silicone.

Exactly... there is a thread on spallation of silicone tubing here, and I believe there is a study in there showing ammonia off gassing at temps that are quite low. Fuck silicone, I can't even believe they made it with that in the vapour path.

As for the video @nosmoking posted, now I know where Pete got "It's easy to produce a lot of vapour, what's challenging is to produce quality vapour"! :lol:

As long as it's not too gunked up I would think hot hot water on a qtip?

Silicone starts to STINK real fast.

clukx

Go for a Dr. Dabber boost or something like that, 100% ceramic nail through glass airway, not as nice build quality but the boost black edition might be much better with replaceable heating element and larger nail.

clukx,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
My peak arrived Friday, it’s really great experience to use, highly recommend for concentrates, I’m more of a flower power person so I still reach for my grasshooper first but when it’s time to just relax, the peak is the way to go!

clukx

Glad you love your peak as well, I see you brew! How hard is a small homebrew batch?

clukx,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Glad you love your peak as well, I see you brew! How hard is a small homebrew batch?

Brewing is pretty simple, the key is good ingredients and temperature control, the hardest part is waiting.

slcbdco,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A little bird told me somebody that goes by Eternal Quartz has already produced the quartz bowl for the Peak and it's gorgeous.

That's pretty cool but what purpose are you expecting it to serve? In my experience quartz is harder to clean than alumina ceramic and doesn't really taste better.

I read the instagram comments and it seems like a lot of the dab community is pretty out of touch with alumina ceramic as a concentrate dab surface. A lot of comments made it out like it's the worst thing possible but IMO alumina provides great flavors, is easier to clean than quartz, and heats up faster. I used a ceramic donut powered DTv3 for a year as a daily driver and folks would be hard pressed to find a tastier device for concentrate consumption. Puffco claims they chose alumina over quartz, SiC, and other materials in their testing for the Peak.

Last edited:

mutten840

So I pulled the trigger and scooped one of these. They are pretty sweet. I have yet to have a bad experience and the sesh mode feature is tits!!! need a little more time for your dab, hit the sesh mode and it extends your dab by getting back up to the set temp. I was surprised on how much smaller it was and the function is smooth like butter =)

This is really a great device if you can afford the price point =)

I have also seen one blower make a sick recycler piece to fit on the peak base. Eternal quartz is also making Quartz inserts. So there is already different people looking to build off the peak unit. This to me is a great sign of things to come =)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@mutten840 how does the glass attach to the base? @clukx picture of the airpath never came through on my end. I like the concept of the device a lot, just wonder what it's made out of. I have assumed it's silicone but I'm not sure since there isn't a lot of info about the device.

Top Bottom