Puffco Peak

Todai

Thanks Vitolo! None of my emails to support have been replied to. We’ll see if ‘John’ will bother.

I have the same issue as many - battery won’t hold a charge. I get about 2 heat-up cycles then get the flashing red / dead battery.

What’s weird is that if I fully charge it and let it sit for a day or two without using it, the battery is dead when I try to use it.

First world problems, I know.

Back to my MiniNail in the meantime. It never lets me down!

Last edited:
Todai,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks Vitolo! None of my emails to support have been replied to. We’ll see if ‘John’ will bother.

I have the same issue as many - battery won’t hold a charge. I get about 2 heat-up cycles then get the flashing red / dead battery.

What’s weird is that if I fully charge it and let it sit for a day or two without using it, the battery is dead when I try to use it.

First world problems, I know.

Back to my MiniNail in the meantime. It never lets me down!
Thats weird that you can actually use it. my first one would act like its charging would flash white then stop after about an hour or 2 i could cycle through temps but it would never actually heat up no matter how long i left it on the charger snd as soon as i unplugged it it would be completely dead.

If you have an instagram dm puffcosupport also maybe comment on a post and tag puffcosupport incase they dont see the dm. theyll make sure support gets to you in a timely mannner.

Mynameismud,

Todai

Yeah, 1 day after I sent a DM they updated their IG to say ‘no DMs, send email to support@puffco.com’ lol.

I’m sure they’re swamped, but it’s their own fault. After all the QC issues they had with the first few batches of the Plus, I honestly thought they would supervise production a little more, or at least test units before shipping.

In any case, for those on the fence, a few people have already sent their units to China for cloning, so expect to see cheaper Peaks soon.

Todai

What does the PP offer that a divine tribe QQ or similar on a mod does not? Huge price differential! Sorry if I've missed something basic.

Nothing, really, except ease of use. I also have a QQ and a Sai, so I agree with you, except there are lots of people out there intimidated by the whole mod/temperature control setting thing, and just want a single button to press. That’s the Peak’s advantage.

Edit: Plus, the Peak is cool/hip/modern I guess. A mod and atty and bubbler/hydrotube, while highly functional, is clunky and ugly to a lot of folks.

Last edited:

Todai

Update: just thought I should let you all know that John from Puffco replied to me within 30 minutes with a pre-paid label to exchange my base unit.

Thank you again @Vitolo for that alternate email address!

szai

Nothing, really, except ease of use. I also have a QQ and a Sai, so I agree with you, except there are lots of people out there intimidated by the whole mod/temperature control setting thing, and just want a single button to press. That’s the Peak’s advantage.

Edit: Plus, the Peak is cool/hip/modern I guess. A mod and atty and bubbler/hydrotube, while highly functional, is clunky and ugly to a lot of folks.

Do you get similar performance with the mods? I've been considering my portable concentrates options.

Todai

Do you get similar performance with the mods? I've been considering my portable concentrates options.

If I were to be completely honest, I prefer using the Peak over the QQ/Sai. It’s just less fiddling and doesn’t get knocked over all the time. I’m on my 3rd Poseidon bubbler because of that lol.

analytika

<flameshield>That bizarre transparent cone (or dunce hat?) looks like the definition of clunky fragility and the antithesis of portable. </flameshield>

Wouldn't you consider the QQ paired with a small mod like the eleaf Pico as more portable?

analytika,

Todai

<flameshield>That bizarre transparent cone (or dunce hat?) looks like the definition of clunky fragility and the antithesis of portable. </flameshield>

Wouldn't you consider the QQ paired with a small mod like the eleaf Pico as more portable?

I only dab while at home so portability is not much of a concern to me, but it does seem like the glass on the Peak is thicker/more durable than the bubblers Matt and Vic sell for the QQ/Sai.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah I agree the main benefit of the peak over anything on a mod or any of those dr.dabber boost type things is that it is sturdy you dont have to worry about knocking it over and also very similar to any rig or banger the bucket is decently sized it could be bigger, but you dont have to drop your dab in cross eyed. It also works really well, when it works.

And someone asked if it can be used while charging. it will work while plugged in but it doesnt charge while your heating up.

Hoosier

So after some testing I don't like Eternal's quartz insert. It is too thin, therefore it gets a lot hotter than the ceramic cup or my Hunibadger cup that I sanded down to fit. I am back to using the Hunibadger cup and I am considering selling the Eternal one.

Very thankful for this post. I sanded down my hunipot today. I think even it is too hot on the lowest setting. Tastes like burning oil halfway thru an initial heat

Hoosier,

aj0125

...None of my emails to support have been replied to....

My best friend finally got a response today(1 week later) and they told him Do not send multiple emails as each time you send a new one it puts you back at the bottom of the list. So anyone having issues email support once and wait, or alternately contact John as @Vitolo suggested.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL... IMO that is childishly petty.

Dear Unsatisfied Customer,
Sorry you have had so much difficulty reaching us that you had to send multiple emails in an attempt to find satisfaction. Instead of spending this time informing you of your options and what we can do for you, I am sending you this letter to inform you it is impolite to send multiple emails and I've put you to the back of the line.

Support will reach back to all callers in the order in which they were received, unless of course you sent multiple messages. Those persons will be sent to the back of the lunch line with problems unresolved.

Your Customer Support Representative,
-Peak

aj0125

I should clarify that they did handle his issue in that email and are mailing him a new glass tube, it is just ridiculous that he had to wait a week to get a response from them and in that response was both a scolding and a resolution. I don’t know if it’s a system issue or what but they need to not punish people who send a second message with pictures to clarify the issue. And get a goddam phone number while they are at it...

aj0125,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Interesting.
Especially with the (hopeful) option of SiC and Sapphire inserts (not sure if sapphire could handle the thermal shock of the relatively quick heating cycle of the Peak?).
This thing looks great for trips.
Prior to reading this thread I noticed a number of the glassblowers I follow on IG blowing pieces for the Puff contest; a couple went for north of $2k in auctions (clear pieces).

To those of you that feel that the Peak could/will replace your standard enail/torch kit:
What kind of nail/insert were you using prior to getting the Peak?

:peace:

alittledabwilldoya',

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Interesting.
Especially with the (hopeful) option of SiC and Sapphire inserts (not sure if sapphire could handle the thermal shock of the relatively quick heating cycle of the Peak?).
This thing looks great for trips.
Prior to reading this thread I noticed a number of the glassblowers I follow on IG blowing pieces for the Puff contest; a couple went for north of $2k in auctions (clear pieces).

To those of you that feel that the Peak could/will replace your standard enail/torch kit:
What kind of nail/insert were you using prior to getting the Peak?

:peace:
Havent used a rig or enail since i got it a week ago. Ill definitely go back at some point but the peak is just so convenient right now.

I have a D-Nail SiC, Sapphire and quartz enails and also use a Highly Educated Gavel banger and Evan shore bangers with torches

I made some glass inserts and its holding up fine so far it only heats to 450-500 degrees doubt sapphire would have any problems. The sapphire buckets are $300-400 dollars though and are 18mm for bangers, the peak bucket is 16mm i dont know how well the lid will fit on that.

aj0125

@Mynameismud How much oil do you dab a day? Like half a gram? What quality is the oil? Just curious if this could replace an enail rig for someone who takes more than a couple dabs a day

aj0125,

Niiizy_503

I made a bunch of Boro Glass Inserts for the peak. They work really well, I dont know about the flavor though. I would Like some feedback if anyone wants em i just ask that you pay shipping.

I Can also make bubble caps as replacements for the peak if anyone needs a replacement caps.
Heyy whatsup bud.. I’ve been trying to get ahold of eternal quartzv for weeks trying to get an insert.. ill give ur cups a go n let ya know how to do with the various temped dabs n what not

Niiizy_503,

Niiizy_503

Very thankful for this post. I sanded down my hunipot today. I think even it is too hot on the lowest setting. Tastes like burning oil halfway thru an initial heat
Interested in selling your insert by any chance? I’ve been messaging them for over s week trying to order an insert n hemisphere cap.. n I can’t get a response for the life of me

Niiizy_503,

Niiizy_503

I made a bunch of Boro Glass Inserts for the peak. They work really well, I dont know about the flavor though. I would Like some feedback if anyone wants em i just ask that you pay shipping.

I Can also make bubble caps as replacements for the peak if anyone needs a replacement caps.
Heyy man whatsup? Definetly insterestedn inbur Boro glass cups .. I’ve been trying to order m quartz ones for days from eternal, buth their impossible to reach... is definetly do some boro reciews nnket u know how they compare to the quartz

Niiizy_503,

Niiizy_503

Would u be insterested in selling your eternal quartz insert? I’ve been messaging them since the 17th to place an order n they’ve been so difficult to get ahold of.. I’ve been googlepay ready for them.. but jus can’t get em to send me the googlepay number info so I could send em payment for 1 insert n hemisphere cap

Niiizy_503,

Niiizy_503

I get the feeling that you have tried a few...at this pint, what is the best aftermarket quartz cup that can be purchased? I have a peak coming in this week and would really prefer quartz
I’ll buy it lol

Niiizy_503,

biohacker

Talk about cocky support wow.... do they not want customers? :shrug: Happy customers? Especially with a new product roll out.... ?

@Mynameismud preferring the Peak over your SiC and sapphire d-nail?? WOW!

biohacker,
Reactions: szai

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Mynameismud How much oil do you dab a day? Like half a gram? What quality is the oil? Just curious if this could replace an enail rig for someone who takes more than a couple dabs a day

I carry around an aspire Mod vape filled with distillate for on the go use.
with rigs i typically only dab higher end oil. Live resin diamonds/sauces, fullmelts/rosin, Also HCFSE and HTFSE from extractioneering... occasionally some nug run shatters. If i had to guess Id say average i take about 10 dabs throughout the day average size about 0.1 maybe a little less

I mainly use a highly educated gavel and torch recently, Id probably use the dnail sapphire and Sic more if it had a better carb cap the Ti gets soooo fucking hot on there.

But for the past week having the peak i havent touched a rig, enail, or my distillate mod.

Its definitely not a complete replacement, ill use my rigs and enails again at some point. The dont use it 4 times in a row without risk of burning out the atomizer is a drag. Its also hard to take back to back dabs, the chamber stays hot for a few minutes so if you drop another dab in right away it will start to melt. Ive been trying to wait til the bowl is not hot to the touch before taking another dab which is probably good for the atomizer. Battery life could be improved. you need an outlet or battery pack if you wanna go through an entire day with it. When at home or in my car i just leave it plugged in.

Im really digging the glass cup i made, flavor seems to be pretty good. I cant decide if i like glass or the ceramic more i wish i had 2 so i could do real side by side comparisons. Its holding up pretty well. there were a few chaz marks mainly cause i was dabbing hash rosin and using it on red (still experimenting with inhale techniques/timing). I was able to clean it up pretty well with qtips and iso though. I have since gone down to green which is what I also use on the ceramic cup.

I ordered a quartz cup to compare but i think theyre overpriced and probably not necessary. Waiting 2-5 days for shipping smh... Probably will hold up better long term though.

Also really like the bubble cap i made for it. while it doesnt stay on the rig as well as the puffco cap, the bubble traps the vapor as its heating up so it doesnt escape as easily...

heres my glass cup after 1 week of heavy use after a qtip and iso scrub. should have taken a before pic because it was a little dirtier

C46065_AE-956_E-447_E-8224-_DD239_DA9_C117.jpg

FC597773-_A2_F8-478_C-_B932-_E4_E1161_D67_CA.jpg

14773683-37_CE-4_D4_F-90_FB-2_FEC3_C55_E7_FA.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom