Psoriasis: topical recipy

tepictoton

So,

I have been asked if I can make a topical specifically for treating psoriasis.

For now I have been using the following recipy:

1gram decarboxalysed oil
4grams coconut oil
5grams beeswax
.7gram cinnamon essential oil from the bark
.7gram cinnamon essential oil from the leaves
.7gram myrrhe essential oil
1gram emu oil

I wanted to ask for advice to improve on this recipy. It seems to be effective as is, but maybe I am missing something that might make this even better?

I am using the techniques from skunkpharmresearch to make the oil(winterized bho), and the rest of the recipy is derived from their recipy for Holy Anointing Oil.

Would it be more beneficial to switch to an alcohol based oil, pulling out some chlorophyl and some more water solutables? Or is winterized bho a better way to go?

Or even before that, would it be more effective to skip the step of turning it into oil and make cannacoconutoil first? That might also pull out some beneficials that the bho does not get to?

Secondly, are there any essencial oils I might want to add, or maybe leave out? My knowledge about psoriasis is fairly limited.

All help is appreciated.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Would it be more beneficial to switch to an alcohol based oil
I have psoriatic lesions and they often peel and weep so they can be open wounds to a certain degree depending on how bad they are. The last thing I would want to put on that is alcohol as it would sting like hell. If you need a liquid solvent you might try glycerin. I use a product called Glysolid which is pure glycerin cream and Allantoin with no additives of any kind. You have to be careful what you put on psoriasis, less is usually better. I have to use products with no fragrances for example. The cinnamon gives me pause as well as that can be hot in nature and might burn/sting.

t-dub,
Reactions: Monsoon

tepictoton

Helo t-dub,

thank you for your reply. I was wondering the exact same thing about the cinnamon. Thing is, the people that have tried it never complained about it. But I will for now leave it out.

The idea with the alcohol is to see if another solvent might pull out more of the desirables to be used for topical treatments. I can assure you I always properly purge my oils, so there will not be any alcohol left. More so because the oil gets heated to 125C for almost an hour.

I will in now way give anybody anything that is not proparly purged. I only give what I would take myself...

Are there any essential oils you know of that I might add in stead of the cinnamon? There must be some oils that are beneficial or am I making a wrong assumption here?

tepictoton,
Reactions: Monsoon

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
There must be some oils that are beneficial or am I making a wrong assumption here?
I can't comment on that as I do not use any. Just the Glysolid and fragrance free natural soaps. I'm sure if you investigate you can find some essential oils with healing properties and I would be interested in what you find.

Monsoon

I would check out my lotion thread here. The advantage with the lotion is that it rubs right into the skin without an oily residue and you can reapply often. It also looks and feels like regular lotion, though IMO it's better even without the weed. You have a lot of leeway with the ingredients so if some oils are better for psoriasis you can use them in your recipe.

For what different oils do, these links are a good start:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1020026/buttercomparisonchart.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1020026/carrieroilcomparisonchart.pdf

Last edited:
Top Bottom